Search results

1. Stillhouse

Depluralize A Band Name

In a shameless ride on the coattails of the other Depluralize threads, let's have a go at band names: U
  2. Stillhouse

It Has Been Bothering Me All Day

I had a dream last night in which Tom Waits asked me what my favorite song was.
  3. Stillhouse

What's My SX-990 Doing?

I hadn't listened through my SX-990 for a while, but with my newly restored AR-5s getting attention I decided to fire it up. I noticed that if the bass control is turned past 2 o' clock or so the left channel woofer starts to go: WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP pause WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP pause etc. Not...
  4. Stillhouse

Song Title Synonym Game

I've been playing this game in my head for years. Pretty simple, just take a song title and translate it into synonyms. Next poster tries to guess the original title, and then posts their own. For example: "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" becomes - "(I Don't Receive Any) Contentment" Let's go...
  5. Stillhouse

RIP: Harold Reid of The Statler Brothers

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/statler-brothers-harold-reid-dead-obituary-990001/
  6. Stillhouse

SpaceX Starship Hopper Livecam

https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-hopper-tests-soon.html A South Padre Island surf shop has a livecam pointed at the site: FAA announced airspace restrictions for Monday through Wednesday of this week...
  7. Stillhouse

Stumped: SX-990 Transistor Replacement

Ordered all the caps and transistors (aside from KSC1845, backordered) to renew my SX-990 and they arrived yesterday. Followed the lists from this thread: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-sx-990-receiver-problems-questions.485154/ I'm off to a good start with the...
  8. Stillhouse

Odd Goodwill Function Generator Find

Made a buzz through my nearest GW today and saw a BK Precision 3011B Function Generator on a rack. My curiosity got the better of me and I took a look. Came with a brown cloth carry bag in which were the test probes, with some odd moddifications: Two metal plates were wired to them. Curiosity...
  9. Stillhouse

Score: Onkyo Integra CP-1057F

This table turned up at GW the other day and I was definitely interested, but low on funds. Checked back a couple of times and it was still there. Swung by again this morning and pulled the trigger. Not sure what cart is on it, but stylus is broken off. Needs a bit of dusting, but all...
  10. Stillhouse

"The Renaissance" Speakers?

Yesterday I caught an ad on my local CL for some speakers. Realistic Optimus-2B, which I picked up for $30, plus some BIC Venturi bookshelfs and a mystery to me pair with nothing on them but labels on the back top left corners that said "The Renaissance" in black on a gold background. Wood cabs...
  11. Stillhouse

SX-990 Thump/Bump In Left Channel?

I've had this reciever for a couple of months or so now and just noticed a occasional thump/bump coming through the left channel. It is only audible with the volume at 0, and occurs with any source. It is also audible if the balance control is turned to the right. Any thoughts as to what I...
  12. Stillhouse

Done Me Some Tradin' - Pioneer PL-112D

Took my Sanyo Ultrx cassette deck, a early 90s Walkman and few dozen tapes which were all just taking up space down to Valley Vinyls(sic), my local record shop. Traded them for store credit, which I used to pick up a Pioneer PL-112D and some LPs. Picked the PL-112D because I already had a new...
  13. Stillhouse

Contentment: My Pioneer Stack

Got a PL-A45D for $10 off of Craigslist a couple of years ago and was looking for a good receiver to pair it up with. Scored a SX-990 for $40, another CL deal. Table needed minor cleaning, new belt, stylus and a resolder on the left channel cable. Reciever was dirtier, but not unmanagable...
  14. Stillhouse

Howdy!

Been a record collector most of my life. Still have some I got before I even started grade school. Got out of the scene and sold most of my vinyl when I moved from Austin to the Rio Grande valley of Texas back in 2005. Got back in recently only to find my old Kenwood KD-3100 acting up. Got lucky...
Back
Top Bottom