Search results

1. multichamp12

multichamp12

Thank you! It’s always a pleasure to do vinyl business with you!
  2. multichamp12

Fisher 400 startup issue help

I appreciate everyone's advice! The sockets are stretched already, the 3 other tubes seem fine, so I have a replacement tube on the way, and then I will wire in an IBAM.
  3. multichamp12

Cleaned the socket again and took some readings with the multimeter, put in another one of the old power tubes, and it seems to be running fine. I’m beginning to think that new EH tube was damaged somehow.
  4. multichamp12

Ya the fact the new production tubes have larger pins really bugged me. I was very careful about inserting the new tubes. I believe there are new sockets available to fit the EH tubes. The bias supply will be modified to an IBAM, or at the very least a single 10k potentiometer
  5. multichamp12

Apologies, I should have been more clear. The first one (before the short was fixed) went cloudy/white, which was a new Electro-Harmonix 7868. The 2nd tube (one of the original fisher branded) after the short was fixed, appeared to lose its filament glow, so I immediately turned the amp off...
  6. multichamp12

Not red plate, I believe it arced internally, the top of the tube went cloudy/white, and it happened very quickly
  7. multichamp12

I figured out what was causing the startup issue. One of the 330ohm 3 Watt resistors was barely touching the can capacitor grounding tap, and shorting to the chassis! But there is still a problem. One of the power tubes (V15) keeps blowing. It blew when I turned the amp on before this short was...
  8. multichamp12

Thank you! I believe A 200w bulb should be fairly dim while bringing it up on the variac. I pulled the HV leads and now no bright light. So that’s good. So a problem in the power supply? Will get back to it today and try to find out what’s going on.
  9. multichamp12

Okay will do! I have the bridge recitifer + side going to the chassis, as well as the caps in the bias supply going positive to ground. Everything looks correct from my eyes.
  10. multichamp12

Hey everyone, I am currently rebuilding a friends fisher 400, but upon startup with a dim bulb tester and variac, it is setting that light off bright (200w bulb), so something is wrong. I immediately shut it down to avoid damaging anything. Here are the main things done so far: 1. Replaced all...
  11. multichamp12

The beastly beast Allen Organ C-3

The transformers have been made! Transcendar wound them, although I believe he has sadly retired now. The project is still in the making
  12. multichamp12

Acrosound UL-II rebuilt with photos.

As everyone suggested, talk to Brice. If he does not have any on hand, send me a message!
  13. multichamp12

Another Craftsmen 500a Build!

This was the first project I used them in. A little bit on the expensive side, but I am very pleased!
  14. multichamp12

Craftsmen 500A rebuild

I accidentally wrote C500, but mine are the 500A as well. I did a build with the ultralinear Stancor A-8072 OT's, but with 807 output tubes instead of 6L6. I would say I prefer the Craftsmen 500a.
  15. multichamp12

Another Craftsmen 500a Build!

I have been meaning to post this for a while, and since Brice just posted his beautiful 500A rebuild, I dug up some pictures of mine. Both amps were completely stripped, re-chromed, transformers re-painted, and then I had some fun with the build. No electrolytics, all film capacitors in the...
  16. multichamp12

Craftsmen 500A rebuild

Awesome work! Here is my 500A rebuild I did a while ago. No electrolytics, all film capacitors in the PS. Custom made capacitor mount without drilling any holes in the chassis. Long ground bus.
  17. multichamp12

Help choosing/mounting tonearm for Gates CB-77

Okay thanks! That plinth is just temporary, a much heavier one will be made
  18. multichamp12

I will be drilling new holes, the current hole is around 211mm. My concern was not the mounting distance, but the arm center line position. Correct me if I am wrong, but if I mounted the MA-505 on this table, it would be pointed quite far to the right when in the resting position as it calls...
  19. multichamp12

Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Gates CB-77 turntable and rebuilt it. Now I need to choose a tonearm, and also have some questions about mounting, as I am completely new to this. I was looking at the Micro Seiki MA-505, which has a pivot to spindle distance of 222mm, but in addition to...
  20. multichamp12

The beastly beast Allen Organ C-3

Brice, Onebean, and myself are currently working on a little project that will answer those questions!
  21. multichamp12

My little Acrosound 20-20 makeover

Beautiful work as always!
  22. multichamp12

He was my Last Resort

It's always a pleasure to help find vinyl for you! Thanks for the positive feedback!
  23. multichamp12

Acrosound 20 -Heathkit UA-1 Frankenstein project

Amazing work as always! Cute little Acro 20 there too :)
  24. multichamp12

Ethan strikes again

Thanks for the support!
  25. multichamp12

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Thanks AK! Very much appreciated!
Back
Top Bottom