Search results

1. C

Fidelify/DAC Question

Anyone?
  2. C

Fidelify/DAC Question

Hello all. Looking for an explanation here: I'm running Fidelify through a Cambridge DacMagic and noticed that the incoming sampling rate changes when I select ASIO as the audio output in Fidelify. When I select DirectSound it shows 96KHZ and when I select ASIO it shows 44.1KHZ. Just trying to...
  3. C

Hunter S Thompson Having Troubles With His Setup

Just wanted to leave this here for anyone experiencing frustration with their AV setup. Here's how Hunter S Thompson handled it: (Language Nsfw) http://youtu.be/VrOhvSvKIhc
  4. C

Power Cord Upgrade With A Class D Amp?

Hello all, Should I expect any improvement in sound with a power cord upgrade for a Class D amp? I have a Rogue Sphinx and was considering trying the Shunyata Venom Cord. Thanks in advance for any input.
  5. C

Integrated Amp For Sensitive Speakers

Thanks! The NAD option seems appealing.... I can't believe that Onkyo amp comes with phono and a Wolfson DAC for $500. Seems too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with it?
  6. C

Thanks for the suggestion. Those look really interesting. I will do some research. Do you know if there is anything similar with phono stage?
  7. C

Are there any for under $1000? -I looked at the Brio but I'm thinking it would not pair well with sensitive speakers -The Rogue Sphinx seems great but at $1300 it's a bit more than I wanted to pay I would prefer to buy new. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  8. C

Rega Elex-R owners?

Thanks for your comment. I'm considering purchasing the elex-r. You say it sounds very similar to the brio which I've heard and really liked. It cost about $900 more than the Brio. Could you elaborate on the extra "balls" it brings to the table and whether that warrants the price increase...
  9. C

Counterfeit HiFi Gear?

"I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." ~Homer Simpson
  10. C

Counterfeit HiFi Gear?

Well that's a bit disconcerting.
  11. C

Counterfeit HiFi Gear?

Came across this as I was checking out the B&W website: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Shop/counterfeit-products.html This line jumped out at me: "Bowers & Wilkins has found counterfeit versions of its products available for sale, including on popular auction websites" So just how...
  12. C

Cambridge DACmagic vs Peachtree DACit

[Googles roll-off] [Gets confused]
  13. C

Damn. Split decision. Thanks for the replies. Has anyone found that it matters whether you're running SS or Tube when choosing a DAC?
  14. C

Wondering what anyone's opinion is regarding which to go with. My source will be my laptop. The Peachtree has the Sabre 9023 chip, which I've heard is quite good. The Cambridge has a Wolfson chip. They cost the same. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  15. C

Cerwin Vega E-715

Found a seller for $200 for a pair. I feel like this is a damn good deal? Am I wrong?
  16. C

Klipsch RF-15 Tower Speaker Question

Ok great. Thanks again!
  17. C

Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on whether this damage is a red flag? I know it is just speculation but would you be worried about the speaker's overall condition?
  18. C

I found someone willing to sell me a pair of these for $125. One driver has a cracked frame and the voice coil is disconnected from the cone. I am relatively new to the world of speakers and was hoping for some opinions on this. Is this damage a sign that the speakers were necessarily abused by...
  19. C

Pitchfork Article

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/643-the-myth-and-the-reality-of-the-43-download/ :lurk:
  20. C

Thoughts on Spotify's "Extreme Setting"?

Shame on me for not being clear, but that was kind of the point of my original question to begin with....
  21. C

I have only been able to find in Spotify's app for iOS. There is a Music Quality option under Settings.
  22. C

Curious to know the audiophile perspective on Spotify's "Extreme" Quality setting. The only information I can find on it is that "Spotify Extreme is equivalent to approximately 320kbit/s." Thanks in advance!
  23. C

Pioneer PL-255 New Guy Question

You're awesome. Thanks.
  24. C

Pioneer PL-255 New Guy Question

I picked up a Pioneer PL-255 today for $20 that is in great shape. I was feeling like I got a great deal until I got home and found that it has a slightly bent cantilever on its Audio-Technica Series V cart. From what little I've read around here, it is best to just replace the cartridge instead...
  25. C

Vintage Receiver Course 101.

Bump
Back
Top Bottom