Search results

1. jdcheek

MS-300 problems

Thanks for the reply. I'm disappointed that it seems Mac doesn't seem to support, or care to support a product like this. I guess that's why Source products are better from other companies. If i don't get a better idea or suggestions I'll try to sell for parts. Or have a very nice paper...
  2. jdcheek

MS-300 problems

I have not used my MS 300 in some time, in fact it hasn't been connected to the internet or a monitor for over a year. But i have actually played it a few months ago. Today, I noticed that it no longer had a solid light on the standby button, so i put it into my main system, connected the...
  3. jdcheek

MC 275 with C 2200?

The MC-275 and C-2200 are an awesome combo. They are especially impressive on horns, and clearly better with more efficient speaker systems. They are really sweet on my k-horns.
  4. jdcheek

San Francisco record stores

Have not been here in two years, but never really explored the city. The trip to Haight was indeed interesting. After an hour in Amoebas I had a conference call, so I went to the sidewalk so that I could hear. Quite an experience. I found more MFSL and Sheffield vinyl than I expected, and...
  5. jdcheek

Underrated / Unknown Jazz Vocalists

The thread was for underated/unknown jazz artist, but it seems that only female artist have been mentioned. I am a recent convert of Johnny Hartman. He was from Chicago, and has a very smooth baritone voice. Try out John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman together. Very nice. Several of his works are being...
  6. jdcheek

My trip back in March was cancelled due to a cancelled flight, but I finally made it this week. What a haul. I picked up over 40 albums in mint condition, all genres, from Amoeba. I think I spent about 3 hours going through everything I thought would interest me. Had lunch at house of...
  7. jdcheek

Vinyl only spin list

Supertramp-Breakfast in America
  8. jdcheek

Thanks to everyone for the great help. I'll let you know how I do.
  9. jdcheek

A ton of great information... How easy would a cab ride be from the Wharf to Amoeba? How far?
  10. jdcheek

I will be in San Francisco on Monday for business, but might have some time in the afternoon or early evening for vinyl shopping. I have heard that San Fran is a hot spot for vinyl. I went online and found Amoeba, Aquarius, Streetlight and Open Mind stores that are downtown. I am staying at the...
  11. jdcheek

Last piece of the puzzle.

I second the fact that the tubes will love the cushion that comes from tubes. My k horns love tubes.
  12. jdcheek

What is your Klipsch quotient?

Had my K horns since 1984. 26/49=54.16%
  13. jdcheek

What TT's do you folks have

Sota Star Sapphire Here is my new to me Sota Star Sapphire and Fosgate Signature Phono Stage. Includes SME IV.Vi arm and Grado Sonata Cartridge.
  14. jdcheek

VPI 16.5, anyone use one?

I got one used from a friend. it is good, but they do overheat and shut down with extended use. With the 3 step cleaning system I have been using, I only get a few albums done before it shuts off. Comes right back after cooling.
  15. jdcheek

Your Phono Preamp is key

I get this. I just got back into vinyl and included the Fosgate signature phono stage. I would not be so excited about my return to vinyl without it. It makes the system
  16. jdcheek

Today's JAZZ playlist

Wes Montgomery - California Dreaming
  17. jdcheek

The Forgotten Belle...

I am told originally designed to be center channel for the K horns.
  18. jdcheek

Please recommend some jazz singers

Stacy Kent
  19. jdcheek

Best speakers matching the MC-7270

My KEF XQ-20's sound great with my 7270
  20. jdcheek

Opinions on MC 7270 amp?

I have had mine around 6 months. Love it.
  21. jdcheek

Mx-110

What can you folks tell me about the MX-110? I looked at Berners site, and it is a late model. It is also a MX 100z. What does the Z stand for. This might be good to pair with the MC 7270. I see that many suggest an upgrade, or a restoration. What would you look for, and what would that cost...
  22. jdcheek

MS300 on a wireless network - slow transfers?

Can you help. I upgraded my router today, and now cannot get a connection with the ms-300. What am I missing? The guide is not very good here. I get some wierd failures, but it is talking to the router.
  23. jdcheek

Pre-Amp to pair with 7270

Great suggestions. I would lean toward a C-712 and the C-34v, simply because I will need a remote for volume control. I don't think the C-504 has a remote. Are there any advantages to the C-34v over the C-712?
  24. jdcheek

Pre-Amp to pair with 7270

I recently purchased a vintage 7270 that I run as a second out of the C-2200 powering a new pair of KEF speakers. The speakers are in my bedroom, but all of the components reside on the other side of an insulated wall. This allows me to use the sources from my main system. I have really enjoyed...
  25. jdcheek

C-2200/C-500 Amp inputs

It absolutely helps. I love the thought of an even quieter and larger soundstage, and I would definitely go with the C-500t. I guess I could say that the system would be fully balanced if I did both the C-500t AND added another MC-275. Again, big dollars for who knows how much improvement.
Back
Top Bottom