Search results

1. J

Looking at a Few Different Amps to Power Magnepan MMG: Bel Canto, Yamaha, & Acurus

Well, the Acurus is one I've found used. 400 WPC would definitely get them moving, but it's probably overkill for the room. I really would like to have a built-in headphone amp. During hotter weather, I use headphones a lot. I mainly listen at low to moderate levels, and it ranges from jazz...
  2. J

Looking at a Few Different Amps to Power Magnepan MMG: Bel Canto, Yamaha, & Acurus

Hi All, I am looking at new amps to power a set of Magnepan MMG speakers, possibly adding a small sub to the system. My current amp is a Jolida JD301BRC (55 WPC @ 4 ohms) which doesn't really have enough headroom for them. I am a bit constrained on space so I am looking for something without...
  3. J

Question On Electrostatic Headphone Energizers

I was looking at a couple pairs for sale, and both seemed to have the speaker out wires removed from their respective T3’s. I just assumed that you didn’t need to hook up speakers, just the amp leads. My speaker wires have banana plugs, so it would have been nice to just pull the speaker wires...
  4. J

I actually saw that on the ‘bay earlier. While a lot of integrated amps don’t have headphone jacks, they often have pre-outs. It would be nice if I could run a headphone amp.
  5. J

No, I actually have a Jolida JD301BRC, which is solid state. I did find a few old threads on here related to them, but couldn't determine if they could be used without speakers. Thanks for all the info.
  6. J

From internet pictures, I think these were the Koss ESP 6A with the T3 energizer. There's not a whole lot of information out there. A pair of these would be cool for me to have since I use an amp without pre-outs or a headphone jack.
  7. J

I was thinking about some old Koss electrostatic headphones that a relative had. I think they were an ESP model. This led me to reading a bit about these, vintage Stax, etc., and I know the energizers were designed to go between the amp and speakers. Could you just hook these up to the amp...
  8. J

Marantz DV 6001

That actually did work briefly, but it's gotten worse since. The tray doesn't appear to use a belt, so I'm not sure what to do. The drive gear assembly isn't really accessible.
  9. J

Marantz DV 6001

It sticks closed. It will open slightly then stick.
  10. J

Marantz DV 6001

Does the tray stick on yours? Mine works great aside from that. I've been trying to find a fix.
  11. J

Marantz DV6001 - Tray Sticking

I have opened it up, but haven't cleaned/lubed anything. It uses a Sony drive and the tray has "guide" tabs as opposed to rails. It also appears to have a plastic gear assembly as opposed to a belt. I'm not sure it's really accessible.
  12. J

Marantz DV6001 - Tray Sticking

I have a Marantz DV6001 that I'm strictly using to play CD's. The tray is sticking when trying to open, and it doesn't appear to use a belt. Usually, it will open right up if opened recently, or will open if you hit open/close a couple times. Is anyone familiar with this model or tray mechanism?
  13. J

Budgie the band not the Bird

I really like their first record a lot. "Guts" and "Homicidal Suicidal" are great. I have yet to see it on vinyl for cheap.
  14. J

Hum from Aux Input Using iPod

Also, no, the iPod was not plugged in the wall. I kinda figured it was an issue with the cable.
  15. J

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried the rear AV1 input and the hum was still there. It doesn't affect the CD or tape inputs. I actually tested with the selector buttons both in and out. With the AV buttons disengaged, there is no hum. The amp was just given a clean bill of health, but I...
  16. J

This may be a really dumb question, so please forgive me. I have an old Luxman LV-105 amp that has an AV input on the front labeled 'AV 2/Aux". This is the only auxiliary input that the amp has. Normally I use my iPod on another device, but connected it tonight with an RCA-to-3.5 cable. I've...
  17. J

Conn organ 7868 amplifier

My grandmother had a Conn organ. I'm pretty sure it was given away many years ago. What a shame...
  18. J

Bookshelf Speakers

I bought a pair of Mission 732's. They really sound great with the Luxman amp.
  19. J

harman kardon Citation V tube questions

Gorgeous setup! Not sure if this helps you, but red-plating is often the result of bad grid resistors in the guitar amp world. I own an old Music Man tube amp that runs very high plate voltage (700+ VDC). Only heavy duty 6L6GC, i.e., SED Winged C, tubes will last in it.
  20. J

Hi Bigerik, I found your Luxman LV-105 thread and wanted to ask your opinion. Should I...

Hi Bigerik, I found your Luxman LV-105 thread and wanted to ask your opinion. Should I normally leave the "pre-heat" switch off if it's staying off overnight?
  21. J

Bookshelf Speakers

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I am fine with new or vintage. My prior experience is with ADS, Advent, and JBL. Under $500 would be preferable as this is a budget system. I had wanted an LV-105 for some time after hearing one. The PL-10 was inherited from my dad, and...
  22. J

Bookshelf Speakers

Hey, first post and seeking some recommendations. I picked up an old Luxman LV-105 hybrid amp that I like, but am a bit underwhelmed by my Polk R150 speakers. Due to space constraints, I have to stick with small boxes. I'm probably wanting something used, but don't necessarily want cheap...
Back
Top Bottom