Search results

1. keg47

Allison CD-7 Rehab

Finally got around to recapping these and what a difference. Holy s***! Playing Stevie Ray Vaughn's rendition of Little Wing. The guitar and high hat work really shines through with the new caps. Used the Dayton 8.2's which work wonderfully. I don't think I have another pair of speakers that...
  2. keg47

Another special model AR restoration goodness, AR-17's

Hey @ra.ra ....what is the overall thickness of the foam?
  3. keg47

That's be awesome if you could check. Makes sense that they'd need back side clearance since the surround roll is past the face of the speaker cabinet. Just have to see how much.
  4. keg47

I picked up a pair of these last year. They've been sitting on a shelf waiting behind other projects for too long. They sounded amazing when I got them but in severe need of a recap. Plan on recapping this weekend. Found a site that offers beveled foam grills which mine where missing. No...
  5. keg47

Craigslist Pick up

Beautiful little speaker! Nice CL pull.
  6. keg47

RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

Sad day...Rest in Peace, Frank
  7. keg47

Most Expensive Record / CD / Cassette That You Own (According to Discogs)

My sealed Lightnin' Hopkins - Free Form Patterns - 1968 Original Pressing
  8. keg47

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

This morning's session has taken a strange turn...
  9. keg47

EDIT: When I saw this cover I had no idea that this guy was in the Kingston Trio and wrote "Daydream Believer". Who'd a thunk it...
  10. keg47

Very sensuous.....:rflmao:
  11. keg47

Anyone else see their local Goodwill individually pricing some records? It's happening at mine. :dunno:
  12. keg47

Rainy day listening
  13. keg47

my first pair of ADS

I also picked up my first pair of ADS speakers recently. Got the L520's with the 8" woofers. Couldn't be happier. Congrats on the scroe!
  14. keg47

Do you add glue to the inner edge during refoaming?

+1 on this tip. Just naturally seemed to make more sense to smooth over what was there than add more potential mess. IMHO.
  15. keg47

ads speakers

I'm using my newly acquired L520s with an Infinity BU-1 subwoofer in the living room. ADS first timer and I'm very happy. Definitely on the lookout to move up the ladder given how good these sound to me. Welcome to AK!!
Back
Top Bottom