Search results

1. N

Just acquired KG4s and was wondering about amps. . .

I run mine with a Sansui 9090DB, Pioneer SX950, and a more modern Onkyo A9050 amp. Each sounds really good - with the 9090 having more bass, the SX950 smoother, and the 9050 very solid overall. As mentioned above, these don't need a ton of power to get moving. I've updated my KG4's with...
  2. N

What was the fastest car you ever owned?

1990 964 my old 964. it's old and sorta fast!
  3. N

How to pick the right cd player.

I also have the c-7030...and think it's a surprisingly well made, quiet, and great sounding CDP. I hope you like yours!
  4. N

Not thrilled with my KG4's

No affiliation, but these seem very nice. Have them custom sized for an exact fit. On my list to order this month. http://www.aandmcustomsteelspeakerstands.com/
  5. N

Not thrilled with my KG4's

Listening to Rush - Moving Pictures album through my KG4's now.....I've listened to AK experts and updated then with the Crites x-overs and Ti diaphragms. Elevated and tilted. Very solid and smooth regardless of the amp/receiver I'm using. My favorite combo with the KG4's has been my 9090DB...
  6. N

Yamaha's new crop of integrated amps

OK - I'm a huge fan of the Yamaha A-S500. It's been playing for a week now, and I'm impressed with the overall quality and sound. The bass is solid, the mids project well, and there's so much detail. I updated the KG4's yesterday. They really came alive with the Crites crossovers and...
  7. N

Klipsch Chorus and Crites

The installation of the crossovers and diaphragms was just finished......and yes, you'll be happy. I can't add anything to what's already been said. These KG4's sound like they've been woken up. A very simple and easy installation.
  8. N

Klipsch Chorus and Crites

Sadly, no advice to offer......but my package containing similar items from Crites is due tomorrow for my KG4's. I'm very stoked to make this upgrade....and will follow this thread closely! Good luck!
  9. N

It's getting some hours today, and I'm really enjoying it. The Crites upgrades will get installed in the KG4's this week. I'm absolutely confident this Yamaha amp will do just fine! Adding the matching tuner and CD player will help address my OCD......I think!
  10. N

Stereo Receivers - New vs. Old

"Do the newer stereo receivers actually sound better than vintage receivers?" Not necessarily. Well sorted vintage examples have sound qualities that are not typically duplicated in today's modern equipment. I just added a new Yamaha A-S500 amp, and have been doing comparisons between it and...
  11. N

The Yamaha A-S500 arrived yesterday and I'm really impressed. The detail is very, very good, as is the build quality. It doesn't quite have the low end swat of the 9090, but adding a sub is easy. Overall, I'm very pleased with the sound. Upgrading the KG4's with some goodies due from Crites...
  12. N

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

RUSH - Moving Pictures Klipsch KG4's
  13. N

New Klipsch Owner

I'll order from Crites tomorrow, he's out of the shop today. I think I spoke to his wife, a very nice lady. catama....the East Bay is very nice. I lived in Danville many years ago, and grew up in Almaden Valley (South San Jose) EDIT: Spoke to Bob Crites today, a real gentleman. The...
  14. N

New Klipsch Owner

Nw Yes, south Puget Sound area
  15. N

New Klipsch Owner

Thanks for your update catama! I'll be ordering the same kit from Crites tomorrow...and I'm looking forward to updating the KG4's.
  16. N

Thanks all for your insights and experiences with the Yamaha amps. I ordered the A-S500 + the T-S500 tuner today. Should see them next week. Ordering the crossovers and diaphragms for the KG4's from Crites tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing them all playing together.
  17. N

New Klipsch Owner

Getting ready for the Crites order myself, and looking forward to it. I first heard the KG4's in 1985 and have been hooked since.
  18. N

Sansui Japan

Beautiful country and the people I met were outstanding. I have very fond memories of Japan.
  19. N

Sansui Japan

Excellent write up and thanks! It really brings back memories! I lived near Sendai in Fukushima in the late 60's through the early 70's (youngster back then) and the audio scene was very alive. I recall that Sansui was a coveted product at the time. My parents and their friends made it a...
  20. N

Thank you....I think I'll go ahead and place the order Appreciate you taking the time to comment!
  21. N

I really like the sound and power of my Sansui 9090DB....but now you've got me thinking about modernizing a bit....would the A-S501 be comparable in sound and a good amp to power Klipsch KG4's?
  22. N

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here......on Klipsch KG4's
  23. N

New from New York

Welcome!
  24. N

Did you ever get this HIGH?

nope, hell no......my hands and feet are sweating just looking at these pics.
Back
Top Bottom