Search results

1. jmb1960

Budget tuners

Or wait while the budget increases!
  2. jmb1960

Budget tuners

I just don't spend a lot of time listening to FM on this setup. Can't justify spending $100-$200 on a tuner. That auction site seems to have a lot of stuff between $50-$75 dollars.
  3. jmb1960

Budget tuners

RCS16, thank you for your insight, I guess I'll keep reading reviews and opinions before I buy one. Maybe by then I'll have a little more cash to play with!
  4. jmb1960

Budget tuners

I'm open to any brand, do most people that have separates have different manufacturers of their components?
  5. jmb1960

Budget tuners

6. jmb1960

Budget tuners

Let's say the best of the mediocre then. High performance is not in the budget at the moment.
  7. jmb1960

Budget tuners

8. jmb1960

Budget tuners

Let's say under fifty dollars.
  9. jmb1960

Budget tuners

Hello AK people! Looking for recommendations for a budget tuner. Will be mated to a Technics SU 7700 amp. The one feature I would need is to pull in distant FM stations. Thank you in advance, I believe some of you are way more knowledgeable with this gear than I'll ever be!
  10. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Lots more to chose from up there but probably a lot more competition... I think the Wharefdales might be W60's
  11. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Hull, where are you located?
  12. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Maybe......
  13. jmb1960

University Larado speakers

Looking for thoughts and opinions on University Larado speakers. Who's listened to them? Likes? Dislikes? What other speakers do they compare too? Thanks in advance!
  14. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Thanks again Biggles! Much appreciated!
  15. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Have you ever listened to University Larado speakers? I have a line on a pair of the these also.
  16. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Thanks for the info Biggles!
  17. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

How about the speaker wire? Looks like a single cable?
  18. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Biggles, did the two way use a 10 or 12 inch woofer?
  19. jmb1960

Wharfedale speaker ID

Hi to all. Trying to identify some Wharfedale speakers that were assembled by The Radio People. They look like a W60 as they are 24 inches tall by 14 wide by 13 deep. My biggest question is did they make a two way and a three way version?
  20. jmb1960

What are you drinking now?

captain coke....:thmbsp:
  21. jmb1960

speaker cap identification

One more question, my speakers are optimus 5 and my largest cap is a 33mf and i came across a listing on e pay for a complete xover from an optimus 5 and its biggest cap was 47 mf both are elna caps. Would R/S have changed that from one production year to the next?
  22. jmb1960

Thanks for the offer. Have been to Parts Express already and a few other sites. Just trying to get a grasp on the different types of caps and why one would want to change from what was used originally from the manufacturer. If the originals are electrolytic and lasted 30+ years, why not just...
  23. jmb1960

Cablephil, where did you get your caps from and did you stay with the same size?
  24. jmb1960

Thanks for the imput, Ferninando. :thmbsp:
  25. jmb1960

This is one of three.
Back
Top Bottom