Search results

1. Blasty

Audio Drop-Outs - how could this not be software related?

All, A few days ago I started experiencing some extremely disruptive audio drop-outs while watching videos. Every several minutes, the audio drops for about 0.5-1 second and then resumes. I found later that it is not just with videos, but ALL sources of audio on the computer. I was running...
  2. Blasty

Please help me understand this transformer spec

I am toying with the idea of building a new headphone amplifier, and ran across this transformer which looks like it would be great to use in a parafeed design. Upon further research, it was apparently designed just for this purpose. http://www.edcorusa.com/pcw10k-7k_300-32 Please look at the...
  3. Blasty

My main stereo setup

It's about time I got around to posting my entire main system. I must say I am very happy with this setup today. This is good since money that would go toward electronic projects must be saved for other things for the time being. I can live with this. :) Listed below the picture is all of the...
  4. Blasty

My step into the single-ended world - DIY 3W mono blocks

Hello everyone, I hope this post finds you well. This might get lengthy and I still won't hit every point I wanted, but here's an initial writeup. Feel free to skip and look at the pictures/schematic that I have attached. Earlier this year I decided it was time for another electronics...
  5. Blasty

Questions Re: effects of OPT Z & DCR in a 6V6 cathode follower.

This amplifier looks very interesting, and I'd like to try building it: http://diyaudioprojects.com/Technical/Papers/Direct-Coupled-6V6-Cathode-Follower-Amplifier/ However, I am having trouble finding an output transformer with both the required AC impedance and DC resistance. The circuit calls...
  6. Blasty

Cheaper cartridges that do well on inner grooves?

I've done a bit of searching on this subject but the amount of information and variety of cartridges out there is a bit overwhelming. I currently run a Grado Green in my Technics SL-1200MK2. I did homework to make sure it was set up right. When installing the cartridge, I aligned it using the...
  7. Blasty

My take on the RCA phono preamp

Ladies and Gents, I would like to share my first DIY preamp. I was inspired when I first learned of the RCA circuit in this thread: http://mail.audiokarma.net/forums/showthread.php?t=642448 While eagerly awaiting the outcome of analog addict's project, I have taken a crack at designing my own...
  8. Blasty

Understanding Room Modes.

Now I understand the LaScala bass horn is not renowned for deep bass, but if I stand in the dark area noted on the attached drawing, I can hear the lowest of the lows in most of my music. Stuff that is not really there at the "sweet spot." At the sweet spot, there is no shortage of knock-down...
  9. Blasty

Tubes do the darndest things

A few months back I ordered a matched quad of the Tung Sol reissue 6V6GTs for my Magnavox 175. Over the past few days I've been hearing strange thumps and raspy hums on one speaker. Not loud, but definitely bothersome. I was convinced I had a bad socket since I'd been pulling the tubes in and...
  10. Blasty

Magnavox AMP175 owners, what preamp do you use?

(TL;DR: My PAS-3 has way too much gain for my Magnavox 175, what to use instead?) I have a Magnovox AMP185/175 conversion that I have put quite a lot of work into: - Converted to AMP175 circuit be removing ceramic phono preamp stage. - Removed balance control and input capacitors. - All...
  11. Blasty

New Member, PAS-3 Output Circuit

Hey everyone, I've been reading the forums for a while, but this is my first post. As you can see in my signature line, I run a modified PAS-3 preamp into a Magnavox AMP175. A while back, I removed the tone controls per the instructions by Curcio Audio, in addition to replacing the power...
Back
Top Bottom