Search results

1. LongPlay33

Fear the 4ohm speakers i just brought are not a 100 percent match with my 9090db

From the reading I've done I don't have a good feeling hooking up my recent purchase of Ar3a speakers to my 9090db .  I recently found a brand new Adcom GFA 6002 Power Amp. for sale at 300.00 dollars. Would buying the Adcom solve the problem to run the 4ohm speakers with my 9090db ? Does the...
  2. LongPlay33

What to do? Sansui 9090 and 4 ohm Speakers

Dam, I sure wish Sansui would have been clearer if the dB could run 4 ohms..even though you brought up a good point from the manual I'm still nervous to test it out. :-(
  3. LongPlay33

9090db Speaker Selector Switch fuse ?

Thank you, I will have to pull the unit out of the shelf and turn it around to look for the serial number. I'll do that asap.
  4. LongPlay33

9090db Speaker Selector Switch fuse ?

Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix this issue on a Sansui 9090db I had the speaker selector switch on Speaker C and the volume was set at 4, all was sounding great until I heard a loud pop. The right and left speaker`s quit working. I disconnected the AR3a speakers from...
  5. LongPlay33

Speaker gauge wire

Can someone please tell me what gage speaker wire I can easily fit into my Sansui 5000x and also my 9090db
  6. LongPlay33

Advice requested: DAC

* I have a iphone and stream spotify to a Arcam rBlink which is hooked up to a Sansui 9090, The sound is very muffled ! Are you saying if I was using a Android phone instead of a iphone the poor quality muffled sound would be gone ? !
  7. LongPlay33

KLH WOOFERS

Is there anybody else is agreement that these model twelves can replace my model fives ?
  8. LongPlay33

KLH WOOFERS

Thanks everyone for ur replys.......I have a chance to pick up two model twelve woofers that look like this :
  9. LongPlay33

KLH WOOFERS

I also read a thirty would work for a six I bought some thirty’s ( at least that’s what the Ebay seller said they were out of ) and they did not fit into the six’s ( too small ).
  10. LongPlay33

KLH WOOFERS

Can a KLH model five woofer be replaced with a model twelve woofer ? I have read conflicting answers to this question Also can a model six woofer be replaced with other model woofers ?
  11. LongPlay33

KLH Model 5

MUCH THANKS everyone !!!! I am going to take it to a qualified tech this Sunday... I`ll let you know the results asap... Mean while I have some more woofer swapping to do !
  12. LongPlay33

KLH Model 5

Well its taken me awhile to post these new facts...... unfortunately I have found that the klh model six`s woofers have gone out just like the model five`s too....so I guess pointing to the receiver should be my next step , right? Can anyone recommend a competent service technician in the...
  13. LongPlay33

KLH Model 5

Much thanks for ur input. I do also run klh model six`s without a problem , weird huh,I will check those insulating washers on the five`s. I then shall have the receiver gone over. And yes I do listen "pleasantly loud", I`ll be bummed if that`s the problem
  14. LongPlay33

KLH Model 5

Brought a nice pair of Model 5s that had just been gone through with new caps, In one of the speakers a woofer stopped working after listening to them at a pleasant high volume. I didn`t hear the woofer stop until turning on my receiver the next day. At that point I noticed the woofer not...
  15. LongPlay33

Repair Shop needed in Detroit Tri County Area

My 5000X has started popping and cracking on the right channel after having the volume at 4 Does anyone know of a good repair place near by ?
  16. LongPlay33

Local Repair Needed In Detroit Tri County

My 5000X has started popping and cracking on the right channel after having the volume at 4 Does anyone know of a good repair place near by ?
  17. LongPlay33

5000X

That`s how I remember hearing my brothers 5000a in 1970. loud clean clear, that is what I`m looking for.
  18. LongPlay33

5000X

Well Happy belated BD to you, I just turned sixty last month so yes I can still handle the volume. The KLH are 8 ohms , I did try working just 2 speakers at a time. Both sets sounded good with just a tad difference in tone. I can actually turn it up a few more notches before the sound stops...
  19. LongPlay33

5000X

I am not sure of the specs on those speakers, I was told by the person I brought them from that they had been gone though. I am really happy with the sound of them ! The used audio store where I brought the 5000X told me the unit had been gone though. When turning the volume knob it sounds...
  20. LongPlay33

5000X

I`m running a Sansui 5000X which has 55wpc I have it hooked to four KLH model six speakers and run all four together on ch A,B With the volume half way up everything sounds fine.I would like to listen much louder but a crap sound starts past having the volume knob turned more than half way...
  21. LongPlay33

Speaker Spike ?

Okay got it, will let ya know how this turns out......Thanks for the ammo everybody.
  22. LongPlay33

Speaker Spike ?

So seriously :lmao: is their such a thing as a speaker spiking ? I`m going to pick the unit up later today.....:confused:
  23. LongPlay33

Speaker Spike ?

When I pick up the unit I`m going to check if all inputs aux,phone,tape are working. I want to catch any problems before I take it. I know now I should have inspected the unit before buying. Anything else I should check ? I`m also bugged he wants fifty bucks from me to cover his tech looking...
  24. LongPlay33

Speaker Spike ?

I only had been listening to the radio. Hooked pos/neg speaker wire from unit to speakers. Also hooked up to each of the channels a,b,c Distortion was at all volume easier to hear at lower volume though. For got to mention... when the I hooked up the unit the first time I heard the left cut...
Back
Top Bottom