Search results

1. Osibisa

Shure stylus with stiff suspension - Any value?

Not totally hard, but a bit too stiff that it causes distortion. Very low hours which is most unfortunate.
  2. Osibisa

SX-1080 function button stopper rings

Taking a shot in the dark here. I need to replace the four AED-068 stopper rings and one spring because they have disintegrated. Any viable replacement anyone has substituted?
  3. Osibisa

SX-1050 Protection Circuit Woes - Resolved

Experiencing an issue that has me baffled. The receiver was bought non functioning with cut cord. Successfully restored and it was operating without issue for about three weeks, then the relay would cut out. On a cold start it would play about two minutes before protection kicked in. Today I...
  4. Osibisa

Best way to trim dial glass - Solved

I had a dial glass cut that is 1/8" too long, what would be the best way to trim it down without damaging the rest of the glass? Wasn't cut locally otherwise it would be taken back to the shop. Haven't worked with glass before, so I'm clueless.
  5. Osibisa

Bought a basket case SX-1050

One of those cut cord units that I had a "feeling" about. Crappy case, cracked dial glass, dirty interior, and of course the cord. Pulled the cover and performed a visual inspection, nothing really jumped out except two vented main caps and a fused & burnt protection relay. Expected to find...
  6. Osibisa

Dial "Glass" replacement - real glass or plastic?

This is probably an academic question, but for those who have had to replace this was real glass an option or preferred? Since I seem to be a glutton for punishment, a SX-1050 will be on my bench (table actually) that I intend to fully restore over time, however it does have a crack. If a front...
  7. Osibisa

SX-1010 Unusual loss of volume when switching from Phono to FM

During the weekend I usually have a FM station tuned in during the day and spin an album or two in the afternoon. I noticed today that no issue was encountered when changing from FM to either phono input, however after the last album was played and I went back to FM there was dead silence...
  8. Osibisa

Grammy Awards Sighting

Who else noticed the running RT-707 in the equipment rack when Aerosmith was performing?
  9. Osibisa

SX-1010 Left ch offset issue & questions Pt. 2

Refreshing to finally be working top side again and have discovered the the offset reading for this channel fluctuates rapidly and will not hold at any one setting, this was happening before and after replacing the trimmer. The bias holds at 25mV and there is no issue with either in the right...
  10. Osibisa

Solved - SX-1010 - Questions answered, repair underway, issue found

Picking up my first ever Pioneer next week with a known power issue in that it will not turn on without blowing a fuse(s). The s/m lists the fuse amperage but not the voltage or whether regular or fast-acting. Would like to know what the correct ones are so I can get a few on-hand during...
  11. Osibisa

Frosted Bi-Pin Bulbs

Is there a product to frost the bulbs or does anyone know if the bulbs are available from a manufacturer? A couple of my receivers have stock Royal bulbs that may need replacement in the future.
  12. Osibisa

A Couple of TVX Caps are going EOL

FYI - Received a email from DigiKey informing two axial caps we may be using are going EOL Note: The reference numbers shown are my inputs.
  13. Osibisa

How do I edit threads - SOLVED

I know how to edit the content of a post but cannot find how to edit title or change a for sale item to sold, any tips?
  14. Osibisa

Klipsch KG4 Value?

Pair of Oak, dust caps pushed in and water marks on top from flower pot, generally good otherwise. What does the brain-trust consider a fair price to pay for these?
  15. Osibisa

Record Static Elimination

This is really a safe product right? ...RIGHT???
  16. Osibisa

2270 - Flickering stereo light in FM

Breaking this question out in separate thread relating to a early 2270 restoration. Have most of the receiver reassembled now after resolving a no SS/Multipath meter issue in FM mode. Resolution for me was to swap in another P200 since I could no trace the exact component failure. A new front...
  17. Osibisa

2270 Front Panel Removal - Headphone Jacks

I would like to remove the front panel without unsoldering the leads feeding the headphone jacks. Rather than risking damage to the knurled nuts securing them in place, is there a recommended tool that can be used to remove them? Wish the mounting plate fit through the opening but it's too big.
  18. Osibisa

Collecting acorn(s) for winter - low s/n 2270

Acquired another receiver but this one is a real project. Got it from a thrift shop for a good price who in turn got it from an estate sale. The entire receiver has a coating of what appears to be the dust you would get when cutting tile or similar material. Imagine the receiver sitting on the...
  19. Osibisa

2270 Late Model - Lacks Depth

I understand that the sound signature may vary from unit to unit but this one just doesn't go as deep on the low end as my mid production unit, or any of the other receivers I own. This one went through the standard recap of power supply (PW), main caps (LKG), preamp, and power amps using the...
  20. Osibisa

2270 Late Model Bias Question - Solved

I've got a high s/n (U450984) that I picked up on BT as a project unit. After securing a few missing & replacement parts the receiver powered up and sounds good. My issue though is that I can't dial in left channel bias as well as what I think should be possible. The diff pair hasn't been...
  21. Osibisa

Tuning Cap Bushing - Solved

These bushings look like they are on their last leg, can they be sourced?
  22. Osibisa

2245 Tuner Question

Hooked up an early 2245 a couple days ago, haven't done anything to it previously other than rebuilding the PS and installing new filter caps. Was getting arcing at the power switch so I added a Quencharc suppressor which resolved that issue. Usually listen to two FM stations at the low end of...
  23. Osibisa

Shure VN35E Question

While scanning the web for a OEM replacement, I noticed Thakker has listed what they call genuine NOS nude tipped stylus available (but for a price). What gives me pause is that the assembly calls out "VN35E" and does not have text printed on a silver plate as I've seen in the past. Was this a...
  24. Osibisa

2325 - Proper Snubber to use?

Got around to replacing the filter caps going up to 18,000uF and can now hear a slight arcing at the power switch which wasn't there before changing. I previously used a Quencharc 104M06QC150 on a 2245 that did the same thing, but would like to find out if the same part is suitable for this...
  25. Osibisa

HD Vinyl Anyone?

Read this blip over on another website today: "The HD vinyl process involves converting audio digitally to a 3D topographic map. Lasers are then used to inscribe the map onto the "stamper," the part that stamps the grooves into the vinyl. According to Loibl, these methods allow for records to...
Back
Top Bottom