Search results

1. gtxtom

International move

Hey guys I'm going to be moving to Japan in 2 weeks time. I currently have just under 400 records. I have them in 8 of these crates with the records out of the covers and each record/cover in its own plastic sleeve. I have cardboard on all sides of the insides of the crates, but I'm unsure if...
  2. gtxtom

Integra DHC-80.3 won't turn on

So I was recently given an Integra DHC-80.3 home theater preamp that won't turn on. The relays on the power supply board will click on and off intermittently. It did power on for about 5 minutes last night before shutting down and reverting to random clicking. Does anyone have any idea on where...
  3. gtxtom

How extra will my setup be?

So, right now my living room system is as follows: PC - TV - pre - amp - speakers I'm currently using the TV's DAC via 3.5mm to RCA to my preamp. I've been doing that for about 5 years now and like the convenience of being able to use a remote for volume control. I'm looking at the Topping DX3...
  4. gtxtom

Empire 598 on CL

There's an Empire 598 on CL near me for $480. It looks complete and comes with a 2000 E/III cartridge with a bent stylus. It looks to be very clean. Does this seem like a decent price? They're sort of all over the place on eBay's sold listings ...
  5. gtxtom

New X-101-B owner

Just picked up an X-101-B off of craigslist and started checking it out. I had been PMing Larry prior to picking it up getting his opinions, but I figured I'd post here. It looks like it has at least been serviced on 2/8/77 as per the yellow tag and it looks like some work has been done, but...
  6. gtxtom

Estate sale tube equipment identification

There's 2 estate sales starting Friday with some audio equipment I need help identifying. The first one really only has this. It looks like a Fisher tube receiver? Anyone know any more? Next one has a lot of audio equipment:
  7. gtxtom

Estate sale items ID

There's an estate sale tomorrow and I need help with ID'ing some items and putting a rough value on them. Here are the pics: Any help would be appreciated.
  8. gtxtom

Big thank you to Tcomisky

He was willing to meet up with me to deliver FREE speakers. Enough said. Thanks again, Tom.
  9. gtxtom

bktheking is indeed the king

Recently, I put a WTB ad up for a Marantz 3250b to go with the 170dc I received not that long ago. Brad told me about a guy on canuck audio mart that was selling one. I got in contact with him, but he wouldn't ship outside of Canada. Brad stepped in and talked to the guy and I got the pre...
  10. gtxtom

Small CL pic help

There's a 'house contents sale' going on soon near me and there's a good amount of audio equipment for sale. Here's the list: Anything worth the trip out? You can see my small current list of gear in my sig. There also seems to be a lowish WPC Marantz receiver on the top left?
  11. gtxtom

+-150

Guy on CL wants $150 obo for roughly 150 "tubes never used, in good condition" in an RCA service case. Is this a good deal? Are these tubes worth it?
  12. gtxtom

170DC hum

I just got a 170DC amp from a fellow member today and it has a hum from the left channel. It was serviced/recapped Dec '13 according to PO. Is there anything I should be looking for when I pull the cover off? Any specific points to check for this left channel hum?
  13. gtxtom

SL-1200MK2 for PL-71?

I'm thinking of trading my Technics SL-1200MK2 for a PL-71 on Craigslist. Am I crazy for wanting to do this mostly based on looks? I did some research and the Pioneer is a well-liked table, but would this be a downgrade? My Technics has a Herbies platter mat, upgraded RCAs, and a brand new dust...
  14. gtxtom

AR 91s

I'm looking at a set of AR 91 on CL and was wondering what a decent price would be. The guy (who's a big AR fan) says some guy in upstate NY offered him $225, but he wanted more. The woofers need refoamed, but he says everything else is good and is in 'like new' cosmetic condition. So what would...
  15. gtxtom

CL dilemma: Criterion or Celestion

I'm looking at setting up my first system. I'm looking for relatively inexpensive speakers for the time being and found these on CL. Snooping around on here seems to yield positive and negative comments on both, but I'm looking for which is better out of the 2. Criterion 2002A @ $35 or...
Back
Top Bottom