Search results

1. Thunderbox

Question on ads p2 turntable

I have just got a ADS P2. I can not find out what this switch does. I have tried everything. Maybe it's if you want the play to repeat or not. Have to try that.
  2. Thunderbox

Adele corners the vinyl market....

And to which genre do you believe vinyl belongs to on an exclusive basis.
  3. Thunderbox

cartridge setup - what are you doing???

You can not get rid of an imbalance caused by the cartridge design and if the manufacturer o the record did not cut it perfect that will put any azimuth alignment . Some are good others aren't. Azimuth is the least of a vinyl fanatics problems. You probably buy into expensive interconnects...
  4. Thunderbox

You would be incorrect it isn't for mono cartridges. All cartridges have a spec for channel balance. For example the Empire 2000Z has a .25 db balance between channels. where an AT12XE has a balance of 1.5 db balance between channels. 6 times the difference between the 2 cartridges. Azimuth...
  5. Thunderbox

I was referring to the specs on the cartrige. Many only have 2 db between channels
  6. Thunderbox

Why would you shove something under your cartridge to make it off by a long shot. You know very well i am talking only about what you can't see with your eyes. If you read what I said previous you would know that.
  7. Thunderbox

Yah like I am going to put a drill in bit as part of my audio setup. Really what about the extra weight and a drill is ferric so it can effect the cartridge and therefor the sound. Really
  8. Thunderbox

Most cartridges don't have that great of a balance between channels and that is on the best ones they check at the factory..
  9. Thunderbox

I use test records to set my TTs up. Sounds good on one record and not so good on another for the reasons I said before. Some people claim to have a golden ear, very few really do.
  10. Thunderbox

Only MM cartridges I don't think paying 1500 for a retip is worth the money at aprox $1.50 to $2.00 an hour to play. Not happening. I have 20 or so cartridges. Empire 2000Z, 3 versions of the venerable V15, AKG P8ES Super Nova, Nagoaka MP 500, Pickering and Stanton high end MM like 681EEE...
  11. Thunderbox

Systemdek IIX with Profile II tonearm

Install a wall mount turntable stand of some sort. End of that problem but the other problems are not by design.
  12. Thunderbox

A Azimuth is the most overstated setting on any turntable. When the records are cut the azimuth for perfect tracking will be different record to record. Getting it perfect on the arm is no guarantee it will be so on the record. It is hardly worth the effort to do it. Just make sure the...
  13. Thunderbox

That is new for me and I'm not new. Very interesting, makes sense. How long have you had that turntable?
  14. Thunderbox

How can you do azimuth while playing a record? Love to see how that works. Come to think of it there was a wooden tone arm set up that had, on the fly azimuth adjustment. Is that what you have?
  15. Thunderbox

Questions about a Cartridge Alignment Protractor

Make absolutely sure the cartridge is set in the headshell perfectly parallel to the headshell. Yours is off by a few degrees. Loosen the screws slightly to allow the cartridge to slide forward or backward. Set the arm down and while looking down from directly above, make sure the sides of the...
  16. Thunderbox

Vinyl on TV-a Pet Peeve

Got it.
  17. Thunderbox

Vinyl on TV-a Pet Peeve

18. Thunderbox

Should I upgrade my phono stage?

I give up. You don't know what you don't know. Moon uses DIP switches on the bottom. No need to open anything.
  19. Thunderbox

Scott PS-67a cueing lever

That is the correct stuff. It's a pretty easy job on most TTs Sony's are the worst.
  20. Thunderbox

That isn't the same as being able to tune the preamp for a particular cartridge. Adjusting tone and actually matching the cartridge to the Preamp are 2 totally different things.
  21. Thunderbox

For about the same price you could get a much better phono pre. The price listed is in Canadian so $549 becomes $432 US and it is adjustable for gain, impedance and capacitance. Also does MM and MC cartridges. Moon 110LP V2 – soundhounds
  22. Thunderbox

Scott PS-67a cueing lever

Which silicon oil did you order
  23. Thunderbox

How do you manage your vinyl lists?

I think having all the information Discogs gives you is invaluable. You can also see the album (different in many cases from album to album) and in some cases there are 750 different pressings which Discogs can help you identify.
  24. Thunderbox

Bad Inner Groove Distortion on Mitsubishi LT-5v

The OP says the albums work perfectly on his 2019. That is why the assumption is, set up or stylus wear. Records don't seem to be the problem.
Back
Top Bottom