Search results

1. S

Turntable belts for Marantz TT400

I live in Toronto, Canada. Although I have found many sites offering replacement TT belts I have never found one in Canada (or the US) that lists a direct replacement belt for this turntable model. Most sites offer generic belts after you provide measurements you make of the current belt. Does...
  2. S

AU-G99X

Yes that is what I believe also. I use my AU-G99X in a sound system consisting of Mirage OM10 front speakers, JBL 2600 rears, M&K Sub woofer, Signet centre channel, Marantz TT400 for vinyl LPs. Most enjoyable sound system for my requirements. Many thanks for all your responses.
  3. S

AU-G99X

I have an AU-G99X and use it every day. It seems to be a great sounding amp. I bought it when I lived abroad in The Philippines around 1990, I think, and when I returned home to Canada I posted to one of the Facebook groups (which shall be nameless) asking their opinion of this unit . I was...
  4. S

Can a turntable mat really sound this different?

Try a single malt scotch...neat...like Glenlivet or Balvenie or McCallan.
  5. S

Windows 10 is finally running. What a PIA to get there.

I wont change the OS (win 7) on my 6 year old homebuilt PC until until someone comes from Microsoft and threatens to plunge a knife into my neck to make me do it. Then I will build a new computer with the latest MS OS at that time. No updates for me EVER until then.
  6. S

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

I am new to this thread but would love to get advice on an "Elite" problem I have. I own a Pioneer Elite VSX27TX receiver on which the sound has gone dead. I am told this is a chronic problem with this receiver that Pioneer never really was able to permanently resolve. The issue apparently is...
  7. S

Pioneer 27 VSX 27 TX receiver audio failure Issue

I have one of these units with well the known chronic audio failure issue in which the audio dies apparently as a result of the original audio IC board being mounted too close to the heat sink and eventually gets cooked by the heat output of this heat sink. I just wanted to enquire whether...
  8. S

Refoaming JBL 4410 Monitors

To audiogeek...I have been reading up on the tone generator method of re-foaming speakers. The suggestion is made to download a tone generator app to an Iphone or Ipad and connect to the speaker using the headphone output jack in the Iphone/Ipad. It made me wonder if the headphone output would...
  9. S

Many thanks for the excellent replies. I will contact Rick Cobb as suggested. I hope the test tone method does not require the use of complex test instruments I do not have. As an aside to Audiogeek, I have never learned how to set those pots on the front of the 4410s. Can't really hear much...
  10. S

I've been asking around for advice on this subject for some months now but get almost as many different opinions as the number of queries I make on the various sites. The question is simple. Will I likely be over my head in undertaking to re-foam a pair of JBL 4410 Monitor speakers. I have...
  11. S

Pioneer VSX27TX receiver..no sound from speakers

I have the manual so I'm going to page 76. I do know about that chronic IC9374 issue but I hear Pioneer have long since used up their supply of those ICs. Hope that's not the problem. The earphone connector does switch off the speakers when in use. But I am still getting no sound when there are...
  12. S

Pioneer VSX27TX receiver..no sound from speakers

I am trying to trouble shoot this receiver as far as I can take it before sending out to a shop for repair. It turns on OK, the relay clicks as usual but there is no sound or any noise coming from the speakers. I was advised to check if the headphone connection works and it does. Any ideas for...
  13. S

Dead Pioneer VSX27TX Receiver

My Pioneer VSX27TX produces no sound from the speakers. However all front panel lights work when I switch on and I hear the relay click after turn-on. The headphone output connection does work and the unit's volume control then nicely controls the headphone volume. When the headphones are...
  14. S

Pioneer LaserDisc players

I have the 3070 which I use also as a CD playback machine with great results.
  15. S

The Basic Turntable Setup Video - a new version

Why don't the plastic scale manufacturers just include the divot indentations and save customers the need to manually use an awl?
  16. S

Removing stuck TT platter

Many thanks Mark. Yes I live close enough to Hamilton. Any more info to identify that shop on Parkdale?
  17. S

YEEEEES. Tap with a screw driver. Worked like a charm. Many thanks. Now I must find a supplier of belts for this TT preferably in Canada but any in the USA would be fine also. Many thanks for the advice
  18. S

I have a Marantz TT400 belt drive turntable. I want to remove the platter to change the belt but it is mightily resisting all efforts to just lift it off the spindle. This is a very simple TT and an exploded view that I have just shows the platter sitting on the spindle--no c-ring etc. holding...
  19. S

Laserdisc drawer issues

Yes Duane, mine was 1989 also. I am really enjoying it also as a CD player. I use a Pioneer VSA 1000 surround sound amp with Mirage OM 10 speakers and M&K sub. The CLD 3070 must have reasonably good DACs because the sound is stunning with this equipment. I know the 3070 wont last forever but...
  20. S

Laserdisc drawer issues

Hey 13X24mancave, come out of that cave and smell the roses. Everybody is aware one can buy new equipment to replace faulty older stuff. But in my case at least the fun/hobby is in bringing the older stuff back to life. Very satisfying. I did manage to bring the Pioneer CLD Laserdisc 3070...
  21. S

Laserdisc drawer issues

I have a Pioneer laserdisc player model CLD 3070. Once a disc is loaded in the player it operates perfectly to play it back. However recently the drawer has been acting up during loading. If I press and hold the load button, the drawer will fully slide out but perhaps after one or two seconds...
  22. S

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I should've read the dates when this thread appeared but...there it is.
  23. S

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Sibelius "Finlandia" on a 12"" 45 RPM disc recorded by The Berlin Philharmonic, Herbert Von Karajan conducting...played through my Pioneer VSA 1000 surround sound amp, feeding Mirage OM10 front speakers, M&K MX90 sub, JBL 4600 surround speakers. I am using a Marantz TT400 turntable with an...
  24. S

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Will always keep my Mirage OM10s, MandK MX90 sub, Jbl 4410 Studio Monitors
  25. S

45 RPM LPs

To sberger..thanks for the speedy reply. Glad to note that I can go ahead and play these 45 RPM discs. I have hooked up the TT to an equally old Sansui AU-G99X amp, Mirage OM 10 speakers, M&K MX 90 sub, JBL 2600 surround speakers and Signet centre speaker. It has been quite a thrill once again...
Back
Top Bottom