Search results

1. msh1999

Restoring Hallicrafters S85

So give it to a professional for repair, thanks!
  2. msh1999

Restoring Hallicrafters S85

I have a really old Hallicrafters i would like to restore but i have never dealt with tubes and radios, I found some tube and capacitors kits that should fit, is there anything more to know or its just a matter of some cleaning and soldering and it should be good as new as long as the...
  3. msh1999

my system

few months of delay as always but here`s whats new. Morel MLP403 room acoustic project (80% finished) Newform Reaserch ribbon speakers with a custom double 9" cabinet, they even got marble plate on top, makes them a great stands :)
  4. msh1999

my system

oh wow, I forgot about this thread:oops: Its been almost a year, lots of stuff, just gonna let the pictures talk (mostly) Musical Technology Kestrel Grado RS-1 (sold) Fitear MH334 Dual CL172 Sony MDR-cd1700 Nad RP18 Sansui SS-100 Dimention 4 Morel duet Morel MLP201 (sold) bought another KLH 6...
  5. msh1999

Has anyone heard of Dimention 4 speakers?

would never guess the tweeter are MB Quart!, yeah pretty sure the mid is Audax`s, the woofers are Vifa P17 WJ00-08. The speakers are already at my house, very interesting sound, lower mids got couple DB increase, balanced bass down to 40hz~ and the highs dont stand out in any way, doesn't have...
  6. msh1999

Has anyone heard of Dimention 4 speakers?

The only info i got is that the company was established in 1982, located in Dayton Ohio, the number of the company is no longer in use (what a surprise:D), nothing else. been wondering if anyone knows the man behind it, I really want to know more about these speakers, since its pretty unusual...
  7. msh1999

Turning KLH 6 into KLH 2?

so i just swapped the tweeters, the problem in one tweeter remains... The tweeter makes a sound at the very low end (1000hz-1500hz with crossover) that somewhat feels like a rubbing voice coil Is this fixable?
  8. msh1999

I got the inductors for such adjustment
  9. msh1999

I can do a simple crossing ,I got a measurement microphone for that as well, and thats all I pretty much need the woofer needs single inductor , and as sberger said the janszen got built in crossover (at 800hz) , so worst case would be adding LPAD other then the inductor. ofc stock sounds...
  10. msh1999

i did not swap the tweeters, i will make sure to do that once Im back home this weekend. Though i opened the thread to find out if i can take the KLH to the "next level" by checking out if its ideal to replace the tweeters with the Janszen 130..;
  11. msh1999

Already reccaped the klh, nothing changed. Not sure how to desrcribe the problem, i guess that sand/distortion is the way to desrcribe it
  12. msh1999

mine got the removable woofers, I`m well aware that just getting another replacement tweeter is the safest bet, but as you said it yourself , the Janzen will probably sound better:biggrin:, also since its a friend it will be possible to test the combo at his house, but I wont do it before I...
  13. msh1999

so here is the thing, sadly one of the tweeters is faulty (working but badly), and getting a matched pair of such tweeter is not the easiest task. I got a chance to get my hands on a pair of Janszen 130, so I was thinking of getting these instead and turning the KLH6 to KLH model two, but there...
  14. msh1999

Sansui SS-100

just start testing the headphones outputs of your vintage amps (especially the sansui stuff) you got until you find the best match for the ss100, you dont need a dedicated headphones amp, the vintage amps headphones outputs can sound as good as a modern high end headphones amp.
  15. msh1999

ADS L710 crossover help

Got a pair of the original crossovers i need to connect to the drivers here and Im extremely confused with the schematics, to the point im opening this thread for help:oops: I noticed the original cables have different colors probably to make life easier for the assemblers at the factory, can...
  16. msh1999

When is it "too much"? - Diffusers

thanks i saw some of the video before, this is way too basic for what i need, some of the questions u need to ask: diffuses have certain FR they effect, which one you need? from what distance they start to make their effect? what is the type for my room of diffuser? (and after u choose, which...
  17. msh1999

We are talking about diffusion not absortion
  18. msh1999

yes behind the listener, of course its an overkill but the question is if it will be worth it sound speaking... this should not be that expensive to be honest, just time consuming, about 500$ and i can get this done, I got great speakers and an upgrade from those would cost me a lot, the DAC i...
  19. msh1999

I got a small room, and I have been thinking of covering my whole rear wall in diffusers (this is the only spot i can do it btw) I got about 1meter distance from the wall so the diffuers will be effective. Its a 1.6MX2.6M wall and yes, im thinking of filling the whole thing with diffusers, the...
  20. msh1999

Bigger cap value=better sound?

https://www.components-shop.com/product/Cornell-Dubilier-Electronics-(CDE)/CGS103U100W4C.html Is this a good cap? Also how is this site? I can trust it? , they sell it for 50% the price from the rest of the good quality 10kuf cap out there, i dont want to buy something bad.
  21. msh1999

Thanks for all the information (which some of it above my knowledge:confused:), if it was not clear I`m doing a recap ,thats not a question, the question was about the main power cap which I need to replace as well. Anyhow I will get the original value of the main caps as i said earlier.
  22. msh1999

Thanks for the Information! now just need to find 10,000UF 100V cap at the same size, any recommendations guys? currently mallory is on my top list but its about 50$ a cap, is it worth it?
  23. msh1999

Then how so many people use higher values? this is very common with the 16a, do they change things in the circuits as well for this?
  24. msh1999

So I sent my Citation 16A for a repair and and I told the repair guy that I will get the 4 big caps myself, 10,000UF each. I see many people use higher values as replacement, even 36,000UF, and he reported about huge sound upgrade doing so, so the question is, should i go for higher value cap...
  25. msh1999

Free AR drivers at Long beach\Lakewood, anyone?

doing last bump before i give up
Back
Top Bottom