Search results

1. msh1999

Restoring Hallicrafters S85

I have a really old Hallicrafters i would like to restore but i have never dealt with tubes and radios, I found some tube and capacitors kits that should fit, is there anything more to know or its just a matter of some cleaning and soldering and it should be good as new as long as the...
  2. msh1999

Has anyone heard of Dimention 4 speakers?

The only info i got is that the company was established in 1982, located in Dayton Ohio, the number of the company is no longer in use (what a surprise:D), nothing else. been wondering if anyone knows the man behind it, I really want to know more about these speakers, since its pretty unusual...
  3. msh1999

Turning KLH 6 into KLH 2?

so here is the thing, sadly one of the tweeters is faulty (working but badly), and getting a matched pair of such tweeter is not the easiest task. I got a chance to get my hands on a pair of Janszen 130, so I was thinking of getting these instead and turning the KLH6 to KLH model two, but there...
  4. msh1999

ADS L710 crossover help

Got a pair of the original crossovers i need to connect to the drivers here and Im extremely confused with the schematics, to the point im opening this thread for help:oops: I noticed the original cables have different colors probably to make life easier for the assemblers at the factory, can...
  5. msh1999

When is it "too much"? - Diffusers

I got a small room, and I have been thinking of covering my whole rear wall in diffusers (this is the only spot i can do it btw) I got about 1meter distance from the wall so the diffuers will be effective. Its a 1.6MX2.6M wall and yes, im thinking of filling the whole thing with diffusers, the...
  6. msh1999

Bigger cap value=better sound?

So I sent my Citation 16A for a repair and and I told the repair guy that I will get the 4 big caps myself, 10,000UF each. I see many people use higher values as replacement, even 36,000UF, and he reported about huge sound upgrade doing so, so the question is, should i go for higher value cap...
  7. msh1999

Free AR drivers at Long beach\Lakewood, anyone?

bought a whole AR 98LS speakers but I only need parts from it, so i thought that whoever wants can take the rest from the seller for free. i only need the crossover and the mid\tweeter plate, the rest whoever wants can have, if you want the crossover i can give it as well but i will need some...
  8. msh1999

Lets talk about Grado RS1

Just got myself some RS1 (button edition) and im well aware there is 1000 different mods for them.. and thats also the problem, i cant tell whenever mod is really worth it or not anymore, any suggestions for specific mod that makes a good change? meanwhile i kicked those original cap pads for...
  9. msh1999

second hand pre under 500$ help

looking for that one and only pre and i just cant find one model to focus on and buy... the goal is finding detailed dynamic and open sounding pre but without sounding bright and thin. the closest pre to win is the NAD S100 but it tends to be very bright, too bright for my speakers. my current...
  10. msh1999

AR9LS vs. AR9

when it comes to the mid\high section, which one sound better?
  11. msh1999

Class-D amplifier for subwoofer?

hey guys, planning on building 2 subs for my stereo system, and I need 400-500w at 4ohm. Though i got 2 questions\problems Are the cheap ones any good for hi-fi use? the subwoofers will use the Morel Ultimo which is 500$ per piece, so i dont feel like buying amplifier that wont suck everything...
  12. msh1999

Pre-amp for Harman citation 16A

so i got the harman citation 16A with the citation 11 pre amp,the speakers that are connected to those is very open and dynamic sounding, and i feel like i should get some more "romantic" sounding pre for them. anyone here have experience combining such a pre with the 16A here? note that im not...
  13. msh1999

Special\rare vintage drivers from 50\60`s thread (?)

I thought making a thread where people who have\had those special drivers or speakers from that age can share the exprience with those drivers, doesnt really have to be rare, if they got special sound its fine as well. As a start i can comment about the 4" SABA tweeters... big sound, one of...
  14. msh1999

Tannoy DU316 tweeter reapir kit?

I hope this is the right forum. I have a chance to buy pair in small cabinet, but one of them got a problem, one of the drivers got tweeters that sounds weaker in one side comparing to the other one. Anyone know a place\someone where i can buy repair kit? (just to buy, will give the kit to a...
  15. msh1999

Harman citation 16 bias problem

i know there is a lot of information around this amp but im a total noob in those stuff, though i understand its pretty easy to be done. the problem is simple, one side gets much hotter then the other. I know which pots controlling the bias there, and i know i should clean them first but other...
  16. msh1999

SABA Greencones, how good they are?

Im thinking of buying the 8" with tweeters, would cost me around 200$ in good working condition. I already bought the tweeters but the woofers would cost me triple amount of money of the tweets. so, Im trying to understand how good those are, i saw some put them as OB, some in cabinet, and i...
  17. msh1999

How far can you go to repair speakers

here`s short story about extreme repair for not extreme pair of speakers after i bought them I sent the tweeters and woofer for repairing. after i got them back i found defect in the woofer and one of the tweeter, so i putted them in repair again. there was unknown problem in one of the...
  18. msh1999

Anyone heard of Erixon?

I cant find anything even on the company itself, the power amplifier model name is V250. Not really a home stereo amplifier, but it looks darn good, seller claims it works fine and for cheap price. anyone heard of the company and can tell me anything?
  19. msh1999

ESS AM- 1eM? anyone know them?

There no info about them, the only thing i understood that it is that it got older version of the famous AMT tweeter. Edit: its AMT-1eM, cant edit the title
  20. msh1999

Best type of bass trap for small room?

As the topic says, I got very small room, although the bass sounds amazing and i cant point on any real problem, I I want to try bass traps since building one isn't too expensive (well it can be but i dont have the space to make this little project expensive anyway) from what i understood those...
  21. msh1999

Is it KLH? is it Morel? Experiment that finally went right

after trying different tweeters In my Morel prelude (for fun) the only tweeters that left me to try are the klh from the model six, and to my big surprise i got VERY interesting results, good enough that was worth sharing it here :) I always had hard time to describe how my KLH 6 sounds like...
  22. msh1999

Audiophile anime main character!

the creator must be an audiophile to know all those stuff and put this random part of the episode :) if you hate Japanese just mute and watch, worth watching imo scene starts at 4:30~ and ends at 8:00~ http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Akiba-s-Trip-The-Animation/Episode-003?id=133739
  23. msh1999

mounting speakers on top of speakers help

i got 2 pairs of morel prelude, and as the title said i did it with those pairs, and putted a little silicon pieces between. when they were like that the bass got much louder, so laud that it hurts to listen to some songs... and when i put them side by side the bass is all good. problem is the...
  24. msh1999

DCM SurroundScape

There is a pair here that i can probably buy for 200-300$, beside one review that says they are not the best for stereo i couldnt find information. I know that i dont have much to lose for that price considering those speakers costed 2200$ in 1991, but i dont rlly have need for any new...
  25. msh1999

speaker magnets can effect health?

tried to find if anyone asked about it but didnt really find anything. so, does the drivers can effect health? i got a lot of speakers in my small room where i also sleep and i wonder if im doing any damage to myself by having so much speakers.
Back
Top Bottom