Search results

1. MK-421

what turntable in gremlins movie?

I’m not 100% sure but I believe it’s a Pioneer PL-15R.
  2. MK-421

Pioneer SX-950 repair in Nashville,TN area?

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good vintage stereo repairman (or woman) in the Nashville, TN area? Specifically someone who knows vintage Pioneers well. I sure do wish there was an EchoWars esque repairman close by. Thank you very much for reading this or for...
  3. MK-421

JBL 120ti Care & Maintenance

Thank you, gmccaughey.
  4. MK-421

JBL 120ti Care & Maintenance

Hello, I am now the proud new owner of a pair of JBL 120ti's. Let me begin by saying to everyone who said I should get these speakers, you're all correct, they sound amazing. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. Now I'd like to make sure they're well cared for. They don't have any...
  5. MK-421

JBL 120ti deal, good, bad or fair price?

You guys are awesome. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.
  6. MK-421

Awesome! Great answer! Thank you, jblnut. One final question. Do you think they should pair nicely with the SX-1250?
  7. MK-421

Thank you very much guys for the links and reply. jblnut, my listening room is pretty average I guess (13 1/2 x 11 1/2). I do like to crank it up sometimes but sound quality is paramount for me. I'm almost sold on the 120ti's but I've heard the hi end can be a bit bright. I did notice some...
  8. MK-421

I have a friend who knows I want a pair of JBL's and has offered his 120ti's to me for $500. What are your opinions on this speaker and how do you feel about the price? I also know someone with L7's for the same price. I'm new to this and don't know much about which ones are nicer than...
  9. MK-421

Best Speaker Test Albums/Songs

Wow! Lots of great advice (and music)! Thank you to everyone who responded.
  10. MK-421

Best Speaker Test Albums/Songs

Hi, I was wondering, what albums/songs do you guys use when testing out speakers? I just bought some Realistic Mach II's for my SX-1250. I'm pretty blown away by these speakers so far (can't believe these came from Radio Shack)! I've been listening to Steely Dan, Rush, Santana, etc. but...
  11. MK-421

Speakers to use with SX-1250

I'd love to own some JBLs one day. I have a friend that owns some JBLs. Not sure of the exact model but they look similar to these.
  12. MK-421

Thank you very much, Copa1934. I think I will try out the Mach Two's. Maybe one day I can score something with a bigger sound stage, but based on their great reviews, the Two's seem like a no brainer to start my collection.
  13. MK-421

Hi, I've recently purchased a Pioneer SX-1250. It sounds pretty nice with the Cerwin Vega VE-12's that I have but depending on what I'm listening to they sometimes sound a little muddled in the hi and mid-range. Anyway, I know these speakers are not the best for sound quality so I'm on the hunt...
Back
Top Bottom