Search results

1. momozmaster

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah-um Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah-um Media is a 180 grams LP Listening with: Pioneer Rondo 2000, Shure MM and stylus Harman Kardon HK3390 Sennheiser headset :music:
  2. momozmaster

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Album: Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon Transport: SACD Ch: 5.1
  3. momozmaster

Pictures of your computer set ups

I'm not an office worker, so I get away with a more leisurely setup. I no longer use a classical desk setup. I use a wireless keyboard with integrated track-pad to use my computer from the couch using a either a 24 inch TV as a screen, or the main 32 inch TV, depending on whether I'm alone or if...
  4. momozmaster

What's your username mean?

Means the furry football in the pic below is my subordinate. Someone should inform it of that fact though...
  5. momozmaster

How do you play your flac files?

I have many options. My favored player is an Oppo BDP-103, reading the files off my network storage, powered by a Harman Kardon AVR-3600, on JBL Northridge E-60s. I often use my PC linked to my AVR-3600 (via HDMI), using Foobar2000, often using Foobar's "Stereo to 4 channel" DSP. Late at...
  6. momozmaster

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

. Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2, And Paganini's Rhapsody
  7. momozmaster

Any benefit from using a center channel for music?

Using a center channel to listen to stereo sourced music ruins the channel separation. It's so bad, that I disable anything which activates the center channel for any stereo source played on my AVR. Stereo sources in mirrored stereo, in A+B mode is cool, but only if all 4 speakers are matched...
  8. momozmaster

Do you stack components on your receiver/amp?

I don't stack, my rack is an open design. I've setup my kit with 4 inches of breathing room on top of all my components. The only exception is a small WD streaming device which sits atop a cool corner of the Cable Co's box.
  9. momozmaster

Reference Albums

David Bowie - Let's Dance Michael Jackson - Thriller Dave Brubeck quartet - Time out (Stereo pressing # 2) Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygène Jean michel Jarre - Équinoxe Zamfir - The lonely shepherd James Last - Mystique
  10. momozmaster

Multiple amps one source?

Using a switch will minimize voltage loss, and reduce chances of introducing a ground loop hum or hiss. It's the solution I would privilege. If you can, using preamp out, tape out or even digital out (depending on your main receivers' capabilities and configuration) it is also quite possible...
  11. momozmaster

My setup - latest incarnation...

That's a very good looking setup. :thmbsp:
  12. momozmaster

4 18's, 6 10's(earthquake cinema) Listening space re-done with good pics this time.

what did you use to implement crossover, simple caps or complete crossover boards ?
  13. momozmaster

My piece of "happy".

State of the gear Nothing extraordinary, but it keeps me happy.
  14. momozmaster

Best SACD players of 2014

Here's a quote from Wiki: I've not been witness to a multi-channel DSD bitstream being played back by any receiver, at all. I've seen one receiver, a Marantz SR5009, allegedly playing a stereo DSD bitstream via DLNA. Seemed real, and sounded good, but can't say for sure if it's software was...
  15. momozmaster

Best SACD players of 2014

Can't rally say which is best, but I've used: Sony BDP-S5100 (PCM) Harman Kardon DVD-47 (6 ch. Analog ) Oppo BDP-103 (8 ch. Analog, and PCM ) On these Harman Kardon receivers: AVR-144 AVR-3600 HK 3490 Favorite combo setups are: - HK DVD 47 /...
  16. momozmaster

'lo from up north, hey ...

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, guess the picture was taken at an odd time, the big old hulking desktop rig and lappy on the left are not usually present. Lappy was being retored from system image stored on old closet dwelling P4... My computer usually reside there, and I use it with the...
  17. momozmaster

Stupid question...

nothing quite like a picture I use 150% on a 24 inch 1080P TV from my couch with a Rapoo blade keyboard Nothing quite like a picture, though...
  18. momozmaster

Yamaha HTR5790 or Harman Kardon AVR635 ?

I would have a very strong penchant for the Harman... :thmbsp:
  19. momozmaster

'lo from up north, hey ...

'lo from up north, hey ... Got this thing with sound. A bug or something...
Back
Top Bottom