Search results

1. red73b

MC-352 vs MC-2205 Quandry

Thanks for the thoughts! The 2205 was rebuilt 1 1/2 years ago, and working flawlessly. I will have to check the acoustics of the room. I have attached pics of the room from each end. It is approximately 11' x 17'. The speakers are about 3' from the front wall and 1.5' from the sides. As you...
  2. red73b

Yes I am.
  3. red73b

Hello, I recently upgraded to the MC-352 from a MC-2205. My pre amp is a Rogue Audio RP-5. With the 2205 input sensitivity set at .75mv. the Rogue sounded great. Since I upgraded to the MC-352, listening music can be uncomfortable after a few minutes (certain frequencies are uncomfortable)...
  4. red73b

New - Magnepan LRS speakers

Hey guys, I spent a good part of the day yesterday reading this post. I am in the queue for a pair of LRS's (15-16 weeks). After reading through these, I think i can make them work for me. My dedicated listening room is approximately 11' x 16'. My current speakers are 5' from the front wall...
  5. red73b

PrimaLuna Evo 100 Tube Preamp with MC2205

Hi all, I am currently running a MA-6200. I had been using the MA6200 as my preamp, running it to my MC2205. unfortunately, The left channel went on the 2205, and I am currently on the waiting list for a full restoration. That being said, I am intrigued by the use of a tube preamp. I have...
  6. red73b

Stylus Upgrade for Audio Technica AT-120

Thanks again for the stylus recommendation! This ATN-150SA gets sweeter sounding everyday!
  7. red73b

Nice! Here is a pic of mine. Thanks again for the info. I’m really enjoying it!
  8. red73b

You Nailed it! I thought it was seated properly, but after messing with it a bit, it is now playing correctly!! Thank you for all your guidance!!
  9. red73b

I received my ATN-150SA. I popped it in my AT120 cartridge. It immediately started to skate across record. My AT120e stylus was tracking great. What is more likely, VTF, or take angle? Tracking is at 1.68gm. Thanks!
  10. red73b

Of course you were right...I had to unplug the turntable. The scale worked great, and the cartridge tracking force is 1.68gm. Thanks for the info. I’m thinking the AN150SA should work welll!
  11. red73b

The platter spinning won’t be a problem. Totally manual turntable
  12. red73b

Thanks. I just ordered the scale. It should arrive tomorrow.
  13. red73b

Update: Upon closer inspection, I see it is actually set to 1.75gm. I had it in for service in December, and the tech went through everything. In his notes he states he set tracking at 1.75gm. What he didn't do however, was make sure the indicator dot on the counterweight was at the top of the...
  14. red73b

Ok, there is one thing I am confused about. The Pioneer suggests a tracking force between 2-3gm. Currently mine is set at 2.75. The ATN150SA has a recommended range up to 1.8. Is this going to be detrimental to the life of the stylus? I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I want to make sure it...
  15. red73b

Thanks for the info so far! I'm leaning toward the ATN150 sa, and I have what may be a dumb question....My cartridge is aligned correctly, will I be able to just put a new stylus on the cartridge as is, or will I need to do a re-alignment? Thanks!
  16. red73b

Thanks, I'll check it out!
  17. red73b

Thanks! That is very helpful.
  18. red73b

I have a Pioneer PL-41 turntable with the original headshell. I am currently running a Audio Technica AT-120 cartridge, and I like it. However, I am in need of a new stylus, and I would like to upgrade. I have read the Audio Technica ATN152LP from LP Gear will work with this cartridge. Just...
  19. red73b

Orotofon SL-15 used with a Pioneer PL-41

Hi all, I purchased a Pioneer PL-41 last year with a Ortofon SL-15 installed (the stylus was broken off). I replaced with a new cartridge/stylus. I am intrigued by the vintage cartridge and I have been trying to do some research on it. I see it is a low output cartridge. I am contemplating...
  20. red73b

Kenwood KR-4600 No Power

I did put a new 3A 250V fuse on the bottom of the power transformer. Power came on, then blew the fuse immediately.
  21. red73b

Kenwood KR-4600 No Power

rhis was my garage receiver several years back. It quit working, so I put it on a shelf in my storage room. Decided to check it out today. Plugged it in...no power, no lights, no relay click, nothing. Started looking around, and noticed one of the resistors was cracked in half. (See photo). Is...
  22. red73b

Proton D540 Audio output problem

I’ve been looking at the joints with light and magnification. I don’t see anything. Do you? Thanks!
  23. red73b

Proton D540 Audio output problem

I have to assume not all caps are cre I have the service manual, and by the looks of the underside of the board, the caps have 4 posts. The caps in seeing in line all have 2. Is there a specific type of capacitor I’m looking for? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom