Search results

1. DaBigTookie

Garrard Speakers

Dropped them to go into some listening sessions, not bad, but not great either. Bass response is a little quick but not exciting enough, the midrange is lacking some. Highs are a little shrill on some tracks. Definitely on the more dull vs mellow side of things. I can hear the potential for...
  2. DaBigTookie

Garrard Speakers

Haha, my bad on the pics. After about an hour of listening, they definitely need a recap. Sound is very neutral and not too bass heavy like how they look.
  3. DaBigTookie

Garrard Speakers

Hey Guys, I acquired a pair of interesting pair of speakers. Looks to be from the 80-90’s? Garrard GSS-830 Two-8” woofers in a “Push Pull” design with Two-8” woofers on the rear. Two-soft dome mids One-soft dome tweeter “Made in Taiwan” Gloss Black finish About 75 LBS a piece No markings on the...
  4. DaBigTookie

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

I totally agree with these speakers being the best in the market at the 1K mark shipped! Beautiful pieces of furniture and really well built!
  5. DaBigTookie

Hey HiFiJeff, yeah overall best speakers in that midfi price range and yes about having them sitting directly on the carpet holds back all the dynamics from the finger ports. I’ve had them on the carpet and absolutely did not like the sound. Mine is almost 1” off the floor, but still want more...
  6. DaBigTookie

I’ve put it about an 1” just for giggles and think they just need a little more bass in IMHO
  7. DaBigTookie

Yeah, Gerrit @ Zu recommended 1/4” off the floor, he suggested the 25ohm resistors because some amps just see them better.
  8. DaBigTookie

I have been listening to these with the 25ohm resistors and can say, I did not like sound at all. Went to a Unico Hybrid Integtated and now on a SS with an Adcom GFP-750 pre, GFA 5500 amp. They handle the mids great but the bass is somewhat lacking to me still. Highs come out rather neutral to...
  9. DaBigTookie

Hey guys I received my pair last week and have listened to them for about 12 hours now on a Musical Fidelity A300 and Oppo BDP-103D, Kimber Kable interconnects and speaker cables. I too have too many speakers but all I can say is Gerrit at Zu is cool as hell for helping me with the little...
  10. DaBigTookie

“Superman” Speakers

Still trying to put together what these might be, mids are coming up as a possible drivers from Marantz?
  11. DaBigTookie

“Superman” Speakers

Some speaker fill inside the cabinet, bass is somewhat what you’d think it be with no port, has a classic sound and fills the room easily.
  12. DaBigTookie

“Superman” Speakers

I’m not sure if they are homemade, just because everything looks too precise?
  13. DaBigTookie

“Superman” Speakers

They actually sound very balanced and open. Running them on Musical Fidelity A300 integrated right now, will try them on a Jolida Integrated tube in a week.
  14. DaBigTookie

“Superman” Speakers

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone knows what these speakers are? I referenced Superman because of the obvious top of cabinet picture design. Looks to be from the late 70’s just because of the look. Bi-directional design: Each top half houses (2) 8” drivers, (2) 3” mids, (2) 1” tweeters...
  15. DaBigTookie

Audiostatic electrostatic Speakers

I just acquired a pair of ES-300-RS speakers and also the matching pair of Subwoofers. None came with any power supplies or stands. Curious if anyone has any knowledge on these as to what kind of power supplies they use?
  16. DaBigTookie

List your Klipsch speakers

‘84 Cornwalls (current) ‘82 Cornwalls Cornwall ii Heresy ii Heresy HBR ‘79 La Scala ‘97 La Scala ‘90 La Scala KLF 20 KLF 10 CF3 My current Cornwall CBL has the Cane grills and needs to be recapped and one woofer developed a slight voice coil rub. Definitely like the Cornwall sound over La...
  17. DaBigTookie

Cornwalls with Cane grills running on Dynaco Mark iii

One the woofers has developed a little voice coil rub and is audible now at somewhat low listening levels, also I've been contacting Bob Crites and have determined they also need new crossovers now, as these are all original from 1984. What you do you guys think is a fair market value on these...
  18. DaBigTookie

Had 3 pairs of La Scala (all sold) and this is my second pair of Cornwalls, definitely like the Cornwall/Heresy sound a lot better.
  19. DaBigTookie

I never even thought of any other color would look better, just gives it a nice earthy feel.
  20. DaBigTookie

It's definitely not the best, but definitely brings some detail out.
  21. DaBigTookie

Never saw these in cane, always the black mesh. What a difference of the look they bring with the birch
  22. DaBigTookie

Gonna run these on a Manley Stingray now and see how these sound campared to the Dynaco
  23. DaBigTookie

Nice comment, yes they sound good on the Dynaco and appreciate the advice on the tweeter issue.
  24. DaBigTookie

CBL (Birch Laquer) with Cane Grills from 84
Back
Top Bottom