Search results

1. two dot

Is there an Autoformer "slimline amp"???

I have a C-15 pre amp... Is there a matching "AUTOFORMER" slimline amp, with or without meters...???
  2. two dot

Anyone heard the "new" Luxman integrated tube amps?

Just found out they (Luxman) are bringing in the EL 34 tube amp again... Anyone heard them yet?
  3. two dot

McIntosh and system placement

Well, some of you know that I have very frustrated by my main Mc system lately. I still loved the sound of the 501's and the LS360's... But system placement was all messed up. I spent the better part of this beautiful Southern California afternoon completely re doing my "rack" with...
  4. two dot

Is it sacrilege to strip a console if you are going to use it?

Ok, help me here. I would really like to take the components out of this beautiful old console, put some nice small bookshelf speakers in the sides and a small integrated amp in the center, running Sonos. The Motorola amp works, just needs a tune up... of course the record player is not...
  5. two dot

How many McIntosh boxes do you have in your house?

Ok, this is not one of those who has the most wins thread... Maybe the person that has the least wins... (I know of one system here that I REALLY envy that only has 1 Mc piece) Just curious... Ok, before you ask, each box counts, items not in use count, items must be in your house, and YES...
  6. two dot

What would be the "PERFECT" speaker for the 275?

OK, not the K-Horns... we all know that one. So, if you you were designing a system around the MC275 what would be the perfect speaker. It would have to play LOUD, work well with everything from Rock and Roll to jazz, to reggae... The Pre would be C220...w/Teles Thanks in advance...
  7. two dot

Any Harbeth owners here ???

I am really considering driving to ear a pair of these speakers that I have been hearing so much about... Any thoughts, comments, experience??
  8. two dot

Do the XLS 320's really only go to 80Hz???

I am really confused about this. I have heard many great things about this little speaker... but... 80Hz? My Klipsch (RB-81) say they go to 46Hz... what's up? Anyone with actual experience would be much much appreciated.
  9. two dot

Thinking of replacing my MC240 with my 402

Ok, many of you know that my office system has come together with the MC240 sitting in the bottom of the Barzilay cabinet, C-15 on top and Klipsch book shelf speakers in the original speaker cabs. Now... I just look at my 402 sitting there... not being used... no takers in the financial...
  10. two dot

Anyone here using a single 275 with McIntosh speakers?

Well the title pretty much asks the question. Who is runiing what? Thanks in advance.
  11. two dot

Who is the 604 expert here?

I really need some help with this particular driver. I want to use them in some speakers cabs I have, but need they sound to be GREAT... Any help here? @40 watts tube power... Old Barzilay speaker cabs. Thanks in advance, Two Dot
  12. two dot

MC240 finds a new (old) home...

Far from perfect, but, I have been trying to find a good home for this old 240 McIntosh amp. Adding the McIntosh C-15, purchased from the original owner in LIKE NEW perfect condition, has allowed met to start spinning vinyl with this rig again. For now the 4301b's are sitting in the...
  13. two dot

My McIntosh 240 on the Sonos Flicker sight

Check it out and maybe you can add your McIntosh if you like... http://www.flickr.com/photos/9357807@N03/3271807209/in/set-72157600610179770/
  14. two dot

Anyone have a C-15 that they could measure for me?

I know that there are measurements on Berners etc, but I need the actual measurements of the body. In other words the exact measurements of the black box that is the body of the pre amp. I want to make a cut out for it in anticipation of its arrival. Thanks in advance.
  15. two dot

Something Old... Something New

Maybe the best of both worlds here... Lush tube sound smoothing out the digital bits... Thanks to Dan for suggesting to use the Sonos direct into the MC240 and use the built in pre amp. Very Nice actually. To bad that I already ordered a Mint C-15 to be here Friday... Oh well...
  16. two dot

Any Tannoy Glenaire users here???

Just wondering if anyone here has used or owned the Tannoy Glenaires... Thanks in advance. Stephen
  17. two dot

Why do balanced (XLR) sound different from RCA?

I know that I have read that some actually prefer the sound of the RCA's why is this and more importantly... Why do they sound different? Thanks, Stephen
  18. two dot

Features aside does the C2200 sound better than the C220?

So those of you that have heard both, which sounds better?
  19. two dot

Advice sought for 2nd system "Pre" choice to mate with 240

Ok, need a little help here. After moving the C2200 in and our of my main system for a few weeks it is back to stay. Now I need a Pre for my 240 in the office. My main "source" will be Sonos, so I do not need anything too fancy. I know that you guys are going to say go for a 220 but I am...
  20. two dot

Follow up to Dans McIntosh Downsize thread...

Ok, this has been on my mind for some time... If you could take all of your components and trade them for ONE beautiful McIntosh box. Remember... exact same sound. Remember ... exact same capabilites (DAC/CD/Tuner/Etc) Rremember... EXACT SAME SOUND. But...One Box Would you...
  21. two dot

Does anyone have XR200's yet??? Or spent any time with them

Ok, I am wanting to know if anyone here has them and what they compare to. If you do not own them, have you spent any time with a pair? You know... what amps, what music, etc, etc... Thanks in advance. Does anyone see where this is going???
  22. two dot

Anyone here running LS360's on less than 500 watts/ch

So any of you guys using the LS360 with a 402/352/252 etc???? Thanks in advance. Stephen
  23. two dot

This is going to be a slippery slope...

I just got my first McIntosh tube amp... Oh my... A MC240 circa 1963...
  24. two dot

OK, you guys have infected me.

My first two tube amps are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. A Scott 299 (not even sure which variation) sad I know. A McIntosh 240, Both bought from the notorious auction site and I am sure both will have to go in for total upgrades, but both are supposed to be working and having been used...
  25. two dot

Ok, I really hate my Mc remote

Can anyone suggest a small remote that will do these three things. Control volume of MCD500 Skip, play, pause of CD's Switch between inputs on MCD500 Thanks in advance. Remember, I am not trying to control the space shuttle or run a recording studio, I just want to be able to...
Back
Top Bottom