Search results

1. oldmanstan

How do you use your Reel to Reel?

I have a 1969 Akai 360D. I do not use it because in 1984 a shop in Minneapolis told me “Use it one more time and that is it.” They said the heads were worn out. So from 1970 to about 1976, I wore this unit out playing rock pre-recorded tapes. I am envious of you all that find little...
  2. oldmanstan

ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

I am sorry I have not had time to respond earlier. I did some experimenting and left the linkage pinched as described in a previous post in this thread. I put the 50H back together with this known defect and plugged it in. Sure enough the record would play over and over. I could...
  3. oldmanstan

Dear Pastor Tube, In my picture 1766, you are looking at the cam follower positions right after I pulled the main cam off a 50H. All the linkages on top of the deck are taped down. This is the off position. I would think the 10H would operate in a similar fashion. In the upper picture...
  4. oldmanstan

See my post 784 of Nov. 17, 2017. I like Mobil EM (electric motor) grease and Zoom turbine engine oil. The West Germans used Mobil products in these machines originally and in the seven BM 50H,s I have relubed the platter bearing grease was still good after 48 years. You can see the...
  5. oldmanstan

Yes I do. I had to turn my 50H set down adjustment screw about 3/4 turn Counter Clockwise (move in) to get a proper touch down point back in 1970 new out of the box. I recently had to adjust another 50H, I am re-lubing. I think the previous owner never adjusted it when it was new. Stan
  6. oldmanstan

In The first image below see that I have a silver colored spindle inserted and shimmed up to simulate single play if the turntable chassis were right side up. Also see white Q-tip (acting as a pointer). The spindle depresses a paddle and arm which stretches the little spring in the upper...
  7. oldmanstan

Keep us posted with pictures of your rebuild, that’s how I am learning about these wonderful machines. Also any problem you run into. I masking tape all the linkages I can get at to the chassis before I start disassembly so nothing can move when you remove the spindle support and timing cam...
  8. oldmanstan

To: flasher1 I am in the process of refurbishing my third 50H. I will study how the repeat mechanism works and try to help you. You have definite problem since it repeats using both the long and the short spindle. Everytime I take one of my BM’s apart I learn something else about how...
  9. oldmanstan

Jesus Green, I am the fellow that had the same problem with the tonearm skipping, skimming or almost flying to the center of the LP on one of my BM 50H's. Upon checking and adjusting the gap above per monkboughtlunch mine still skipped across the record. It has to be the stylus and...
  10. oldmanstan

What was your first album?

I bought this in 1963 I think. I still have it and play it and I am from Georgia. No surfing.
  11. oldmanstan

Turntable Dust Cover: Up Or Down

I take mine off. I like to watch the turntable go round and round in my lighted cabinet.
  12. oldmanstan

JesusGreen, I think I may have one other thing for You to check. I was working on one of my 50H's. This unit I will call "Indiana" Appears to have been dropped or hit with a baseball bat from the damage it has sustained. Anyway, in the first picture you will see a potmetal (gray) lever...
  13. oldmanstan

Attached is a picture of the anti-skate mechanism on my "Junker" 50H. The very thin piece of metal in the center of the page is the anti-skate arm. When the anti-skate is at zero the mechanism is free and clear of the tone arm. If you treat the anti-skate arm as a pointer, it points to...
  14. oldmanstan

Tips on using AK's Software

This is funny, "Who is older?" Makes me smile.
  15. oldmanstan

I believe your problem is a dirt problem from what you have said. From what I have seen the Miracords were designed to run with very little lubrication. You might inspect for a broken plastic part, which there are few, but other than that don't take it apart. The other thing I can...
  16. oldmanstan

I must admit that I don't know any better. I have not owned any other turntable or changer, except a Technics that was recently given to me and have not played. So I have nothing to compare to. My original unit has been in continuous service since I bought it, it has been through 3 kids...
  17. oldmanstan

I have 4 Benjamin Miracord 50H's. One since new in 1970. No two are exactly alike. None have the brass device you have. How is it attached? Screw from the underside or adhesive? If it is screwed on it might be some do-dad that Benjamin Miracord was trying out on a...
  18. oldmanstan

Hello! New Here!

Hi Burleigh, If you are still following this thread, may be able to help you a little bit. I purchased my SX 1500 TD and CS 99 speakers in1970 also. I have most of my paperwork also. Does your receiver have a faint bronze tint on the metal below the dial face? Or is it black? My...
  19. oldmanstan

I decided to put off trying to service the top bearing. I do not want to ruin a 50H motor that sill works trying to hammer out the top bearing. I want to think about this a little more before I tackle the project. The only pictures I have are the ones I posted in this thread earlier...
  20. oldmanstan

Here are some pictures of a Papst motor out of what I believe to be an early 50H that I bought as a "Learning" turntable on EBay. sold as "I t doesn't work". I own 3 other 50H's the motor looks the same.
  21. oldmanstan

Hi everyone, I have owned a 50H since 1970, the same one, it runs fine, has had no maintenance other than new cartridges and styluses. I have been following all this work in restoring Benjamin Miracord turntables, has anyone pulled the Papst electric motor apart? I have partially. The top...
  22. oldmanstan

I joined the SX-1500TD club yesterday...

I too own a SX-1500 TD I have owned a SX-1500 TD since early 1970, I think. I bought it with a lot of other stereo gear while I was in Vietnam. I had no idea what I was buying. It was in the United States 6 months prior to my returning. The receiver has been through 3 teenagers and...
Back
Top Bottom