Search results

1. 911s55

Denon DP-1200, Your Opinions please

Your table seems to be missing the tonearm rest, the black plastic cradle? It is sitting very low at rest. Also the PCL-3 is the original headshell.
  2. 911s55

Weird tire names

Vredestein Great tires and are available in original sizes for vintage sports cars as well as modern.
  3. 911s55

Time for a new AK logo - let's see what you come up with

Familiar seems fine unless there is a problem you are solving. Change for change sake?
  4. 911s55

10" (8 ohm) Guitar Amp Speaker Suggestions?

I've had good luck with the Weber 10A125 and 10F150 (Ferromax) in a couple of very early Fender 2x10 amps, tweed and brown Supers. Also the WGS Veteran 10 is a dead ringer for the early 60's Oxfords. Not the most high fidelity or power capable @ 20 watts but they are authentic sounding. I...
  5. 911s55

AR-LST or LST-2 in a small room

I had LST-2 in a room similar but more rectangular and getting the speakers to be placed into the room away from the walls was not possible so the imaging was kind of lost. Those speakers are pointing in three different directions and they have a fairly large footprint.
  6. 911s55

High compliance cartridge recommendations for jelco ts-350s arm? (Under 500 usd)

Here's an elliptical that tracks at 2 grams and a nice NOS conical that does as well. Under your budget for both. https://www.lpgear.com/product/AT7V.html ADC K8 https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/part_detail.asp?PNumberBase=K8&SearchType=MfgNameCartridges&MfgName=ADC&Categories=
  7. 911s55

JBL L-112 noise one channel

If the speaker is in close proximity to or on the same surface as the turntable this can be an issue.
  8. 911s55

Your Mileage May Vary: Twilight Zone? Worm Hole? Time Travel? Deep State?

I have two cars, 52 and 21 years old both with factory sized tires. The 52 year old has the accurate speedo.
  9. 911s55

Which table does the ex wife get?

I'd bet she just doesn't want him to get both.
  10. 911s55

KA-8100 feel of knobs and switches, other thoughts?

The overall feel of the switch gear and knobs is very good. Well thought out sizes with a solid, firm yet smooth action. The next generation of amps lightened up a lot and many of the flip switches appear to break. The phono section is very nice and seems closely on par S/N wise with my...
  11. 911s55

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

Hey, it no longer looks the same as the Steve Hoffman site, act accordingly.
  12. 911s55

Replacement for an MA2002...but budget

I purchased a Sony PS-X50 from the original owner a few years ago, it also had the MA 2002e cartridge on it. It is still servicable but I will probably send it out for a new tip. Someone will want that cartridge if the price is reasonable. I really like the Sony table as well, very nice semi...
  13. 911s55

MAC in business

These units barely get warm to the touch. There are LED lamps in the Scott and the only warmth from the Mcintosh is at the front panel due to the lamps. I'm running 12 ohm speakers and the amp is barely idling. Thanks for the concerns and suggestions all.
  14. 911s55

MAC in business

It sits about 3/4" up. The faceplate on each sit higher and lower than the covers.
  15. 911s55

MAC in business

Terrible 120 hz hum, no lamps, not usable. I also have a Scott 112b and a late model 312c that are complete if I need parts or a stand in.
  16. 911s55

MAC in business

I picked up this MA6200 on here from Snow last July. It's been from Alaska to down here in Washington and recently to New York and back for service and still looking and now sounding prettty great. The Scott 312D was restored by Punker X (thanks again Mike) fairly recently as well, everybody is...
  17. 911s55

Technics SA-1000--overpriced or market reality?

another resurrection https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/d/seattle-rare-technics-sa-1000-monster/7510554510.html
  18. 911s55

MAC 4100 receiver phono input help needed

Common issue on some of these, my other inputs are the same too. I was able to snug the cable with some pliers but some cable ends are going to be too fragile or rigid. Insert them and maybe try to draw them toward each other without touching by wraping with a plastic tie? The added tension...
  19. 911s55

Great SR-71 Blackbird video

I was able to poke around in the cockpit of an A12 that was being installed into the collection at the Museum of Flight back in '91. Truly amazing what it could accomplish with all that analog technology. We also recieved the start cart which consisted of two Buick 401 ci motors. On a nice...
  20. 911s55

MX114 tuner issue

maybe a bit of a cleaning? https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-clean-a-tuner-analog.144163/
  21. 911s55

Best Sounding Vintage Kenwood Integrated?

Have a look and listen to a KA-8100. I have one and had a 9100 and 9150 at the same time. The 8100 has more usable features and I preferred its overall sound and better/quieter phono section. I have a restored KA-8006, nice amp but not quite the detail the 8100 presents. Here's a couple on the...
  22. 911s55

McIntosh, overrated? I Used to Think So.

I think they sound cool and look warm.
  23. 911s55

New (to me) baby blue monitors - JBL 4301BWX

These do great in a smaller room. They present a larger scale than they appear they would and aren't really clinical or analytical sounding, very musical.
  24. 911s55

Mid level receiver recommendation for vinyl

The Sony STR 60xx series are pretty sweet, well built and have that look. Early generation Scotts are cool as well, the 348 has a fabulous tuner.. These all are going to have their type of sound and most will need or should get serviced. Listen to some different makes and models if you can...
Back
Top Bottom