Search results

1. 04blackmaxx

My McIntosh Setup tour

2. 04blackmaxx

Home based recording studio

Hey Guys - I am looking to build a recording studio at my home in a dedicated room and I am really clueless on what I should get. I want monitors and a good mic but also I don't know anything about the rest of the equipment, laptop, etc to get. I see packages on Ebay like the link below but was...
  3. 04blackmaxx

Recording Studio Recommendations

Hey Guys - I am looking to build a recording studio at my home in a dedicated room and I am really clueless on what I should get. I want monitors and a good mic but also I don't know anything about the rest of the equipment, laptop, etc to get. I see packages on Ebay like the link below but was...
  4. 04blackmaxx

Tour of modified Music Hall MMF 2.2 with hana SL MC

Hey guys - Please check out my latest Youtbe video tour of the current TT and talk about the upgrade to a VPI avenger or McIntosh MC10. If you like this content please consider subscribing. I also plugged Audiokarma in the video because you guys are the authority!
  5. 04blackmaxx

McIntosh MC10 or VPI Avenger

I am planning a TT upgrade in the coming months and the budget is anything south of $10,000 so we have tons of options. I currently have a Music Hall MMF2.2 with a hana SL MC and an acraplat on an isolation platform but I am itching to go all in on something spectacular. I plan to put a Lyra...
  6. 04blackmaxx

New house and setup with McIntosh and Adcom

Hey fellow AK members, I haven't been active on here lately because i have been on my Instagram stalking World of McIntosh and McIntosh Labs for a sponsorship. I bought a house that has some small Boston satellites in the kitchen and dining room that is adjacent to my main listening room where I...
  7. 04blackmaxx

#Delete Facebook

As a result of my choosing to delete facebook, so have gone all of the various audio related discussion groups. Just miss that we cant simply and easily post a pic. I have replaced the C-15 with a C2500 since leaving and whoa baby this is one sweet sounding preamp.
  8. 04blackmaxx

Picked up C2500

Hey all, C2500 is a huge improvement over the C-15, enjoying it. Looking to add a VPI prime signature soon.
  9. 04blackmaxx

Meridian 808 $20,000 CDP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Audiophile-Meridian-808-Signature-Reference-CD-Player-Version-6/172429049376?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40130%26meid%3D2cead811ee944d62ae6c5f53fff13f41%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D252923176559...
  10. 04blackmaxx

Moving Coil Phono Stage

Hey all - I have been doing some research on MC cartridges for my eventual turntable upgrade. I want to get a higher end MC and match up the correct downstream electronics to optimize its performance. I like the Lyra Delos which states the following requirements: Recommended load directly...
  11. 04blackmaxx

Speaker Upgrade Path

Hi All - I have pretty much completed my setup for now as seen below and in my signature. I am pleased with the sound but I do want to still make improvements in the future. I want improvements that are clearly heard so to me the only thing left to do is to someday upgrade from the Polk's to a...
  12. 04blackmaxx

Background silence vs. Hiss

Hey - This is mostly obvious in Jazz and Classical recordings, but I find it a bit annoying to hear that well known "hiss" during quiet parts of a recording. Lately I have been listening to a lot of CD and in the process of building a collection and was wondering if this hiss is something that...
  13. 04blackmaxx

Time spent listening

Lately, been trying to find as much time as possible to listen to my gear with the increased amount invested and expanding my tastes into other Genres outside of Rock. I estimate I listen around 20 hours per week and rarely do I just put on the system and do something else, its usually pretty...
  14. 04blackmaxx

McIntosh or MacIntosh (MAC)?

Why do people call the company (MAC)Intosh when it is spelled (Mick)Intosh? Mc = Mick not Mac. These are the questions people...
  15. 04blackmaxx

What to do now?

Hey guys, looking for a little advice. My setup (signature) sounds great to me as-is and part of me has the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality while the other part of me really wants to have the full McIntosh system (maybe just for its own sake). I listen to alot of CDs and they are so...
  16. 04blackmaxx

MCD 301 and MCD500 CD Players Digital Audio Input/Output

Hi All - Pardon the stupid questions...I noticed that the MCD 301 only has digital outputs and the 500 has both Inputs and Outputs, both coaxial and optical. What would you plug into the MCD301's outputs? I am looking for the flexibility of being able to plug a laptop into one of these units...
  17. 04blackmaxx

Power Guard

For most of my listening, I never trip the power guard at the levels I listen. However recently just acquired an album called "Big Band Jazz" direct to disk and I am in love with it...however it has some very complex and it appears for the amp and speakers, challenging material where a full...
  18. 04blackmaxx

How fast can your TT go?

19. 04blackmaxx

Investment Grade Audio

Being a person who has a degree in finance and works in financial services I am always looking for smart ways to invest. With the amount of money to spend (potentially) in higher end audio, I selected McIntosh because to me it seems like it holds onto its value over the years and can possibly...
  20. 04blackmaxx

Victrola Phonograph

Picked up a fun little Victor Victrola VV-VI, new needles on order, one play per needle! Listening to 78's found in grandmas basement. Any fans out there?
  21. 04blackmaxx

Emotiva ERC-1 Turns itself off

The ERC-1 has been pretty solid to date, but just tonight it started shutting itself down to standby mode while listening to a regular (not burned) CD. Not sure the problem, hope it gets worse so I go for the McIntosh CD player i really want but was hoping to wait a few months. This kind of...
  22. 04blackmaxx

Speaker Toe In

Hi Guys - Been playing around with the toe in of my Polk's. I had them basically directly firing at the center point where I typically listen as the sweet spot, so imagine you can't see the sides of these speakers, just the fronts. I thought that sounded best until yesterday when I turned them...
  23. 04blackmaxx

Listening Volume

Hey guys - I don't know about you, but nothing puts a smile on my face more than to feel like the guy in the Maxell commercial with my MAC pumping 300 watts into my speakers...but the fatigue sets in pretty early. I do get the power guard to come on sometimes even though the dealer made it...
  24. 04blackmaxx

Emotiva ERC-1 vs. McIntosh MCD 550

I want to complete my McIntosh system but im afraid that I am unlikely to notice any difference between my Emotiva CD player and one from MAC, after spending considerably more money. What do you guys think, anyone out there do away with an EMO product for something higher end?
  25. 04blackmaxx

Upgrading Cartridge

Hi All - I have an entry level hi-fi TT called the music hall MMF2.2. It came standard with a cartridge called the music hall tracker. I was looking at what is out there from the $500-$1000 range and wondered this...would it be more prudent to be patient and wait to upgrade the entire table (to...
Back
Top Bottom