Search results

1. LDK180

USB Oscilloscope

Anyone using one of these http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1976.html?
  2. LDK180

Wire length?

How important is matching the length of speaker wires and do you match? I'm asking because I'm running new wire (larger gauge) and the current lengths don't match.
  3. LDK180

Why do we like the music we like?

Why do we like the music we like? Is it a predetermined genetic thing; do different brains perceive music differently so that some forms are unappealing or is it a combination of things, i.e. age, exposure, intellect, wealth? Is there progressive change as we mature and why do we settle on the...
  4. LDK180

Thievery Corporation

I love this song.
  5. LDK180

IL-50 tweeter problem

I've got a blown tweeter in my left channel. I believe this occured while switching my cable box from HBO on demand to a lower non digital channel. I had the volume quite loud during the movie and neglected to turn it down when switching channels. There was a loud pop from both channels. I...
  6. LDK180

VCRs

Doesn't anyone make a cheap VCR with a turner anymore and what good are the VCR/DVD combos with "line-in recording"?
  7. LDK180

New music ideas for young woman (daughter)

I asked this question last year and got some very good suggestions. With Christmas coming soon I need some ideas for a few CDs, preferably fairly new music. So, what are the young women in your lives listening to? Thanks
  8. LDK180

Jazz Rankings

If Miles Davis' kind Of Blue is #1 then Wayne Shorter's Speak No Evil is #2. Just sayin'.
  9. LDK180

On The Funky Side

For you guys and gals that like your jazz on the funky side try this Karl Denson CD. The last track really gets down.
  10. LDK180

Keith Jarrett's Yesterdays

Has anyone listened to this album? The only cut I've heard is You've Changed which I really like but I can't seem to find samples of the rest anywhere on the net.
  11. LDK180

sv02 replacement diode

I won't go into all the gory details (past posts) but I have a 5000a in need of driver board repair and the diodes are no longer available but I found this. On the right side there is a possible replacement. What do the experts think? I'd really like to get this reciever up and running.
  12. LDK180

Helped a co-worker

Last week a friend at work said that after hooking his cable box (audio out) to his receiver that he was getting a lot of distortion. We talked it over and I asked if he was using the phono input - he wasn't sure so he was going to check it out. Well sure enough, this morning he said that he was...
  13. LDK180

Electrovoice Aristocrats

I just got a pair of these from the guy that gave me the HK T300 / A500 and Sansui 350a. The cabs are in very nice shape and he said they sound nice as well. I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to listen yet. What is the impedence of these speakers and what does the control knob on the...
  14. LDK180

Newly Aquired 350A

Just got this from a co-worker. A few weeks back he gave me the HK A500 and T300 that I posted about in General Audio. He seemed more than happy with $100 for the three pieces along with 3 table top tube radios. The picture is kinda' bad but the cabinet is just as nice as the front. It works...
  15. LDK180

New Gear

I got some stuff from a co-worker today: Harman Kardon A-500 and T-300. They were console mounted and therefor have no enclosures but also have no damage. He is also giving me a Sansui amp, a 3000x maybe, not sure and several table top tube AM sets. I don't have a variac to bring the HK...
  16. LDK180

Gloria

This might be a dumb question but did Jimi Hendrix and Van Morrison co-write Gloria?
  17. LDK180

New chill CD

I discovered this one on Pandora. Although there are no samples on Amazon I did sample the tracks on Pandora before I purchased it. It's pretty solid as far as chill goes. Tracks #4 and #11 are my favorites.
  18. LDK180

Yard Sale Find

A friend and I were halfway through a bike ride Monday when we spotted them...they were too big to go unnoticed...JVC SP-7700. Three way with what must be 15" woofers. Anyway my friend bought them for $40..we had to go back with the car. He put them in the barn for his kids. Smashing...
  19. LDK180

Radar Detectors

What's your favorite radar detector and why? What do you think of the Beltronics detectors at Radioshack? The Cobras don't seem to get very good reviews. My last one crapped out - the volume control wore out.
  20. LDK180

Electrical Code

I am going to move my entire service - entrance and panel. I want to install all the hardware my self, I'm not going to do the wiring. My question is: Do I go by the National Electrical Code or is there a New York State code that trumps the national one? Not NY City. Thanks, Lonnie
  21. LDK180

Lost Tribe

I remember a discussion about the original story, I think it was here anyway. Here's the truth. Sorry if this has been posted.
  22. LDK180

Canon AE-1

My Canon AE-1 has a problem with the light meter - the needle sticks at the bottom of the scale. The camera is in mint condition otherwise and I have a lot invested in lenses, winder and flash. My question is - should I get it repaired or go digital. Thanks, Lonnie
  23. LDK180

Audioslave Tribute

I found this tribute to Audioslave, strange.
  24. LDK180

Suggest some Summer crusin' music

Something I may have never heard of. Thanks, Lonnie
  25. LDK180

The Black Crowes unplugged

My original Time Warner digital cable box had been acting up for awhile so I finally had them send me a new HD box. I don't have a wide screen TV, just an older Sony WEGA Trinitron with HD inputs and 480 resolution but IMHO the HD pic is just as nice as anything I have seen. Last night...
Back
Top Bottom