Search results

1. AtomicLP

20 Years

It is true time flies. Back in 2004 I was 17 and had gotten into record vinyl collecting. The going rate for new bands LP's was $10-15. I bought my first turntable, a Pioneer PL-200 for $10 at the goodwill, I still have it and use it regularly. Did anything happen between the early 2000's to...
  2. AtomicLP

7070 relay not clicking, does with F-2624 pulled?

I only suggested since it caused me some frustration with my unit, and seems the 7070 is susceptible to relay issues from my internet searches. Only 20 bucks and a couple minutes of work, if the order is going in then why not!
  3. AtomicLP

7070 relay not clicking, does with F-2624 pulled?

You can use 1/2 watt rated metal film resistors in place of the 1/4W if that makes your life easier. I also have a 7070 and went through a similar issue and a random dropping right channel. I have recapped all boards, and replaced every single fuse resistor (which is a must for Sansui of this...
  4. AtomicLP

7070 Power Meter (VU) LED swap with pictures

Whoops, yeah that's a typo I'll edit that now. Fuses must have been on my mind haha.
  5. AtomicLP

7070 Power Meter (VU) LED swap with pictures

I am nearing completion on recapping my 7070. It has been fun and long process. I went against my original intentions and decided to swap out the power meter bulbs to LED's. I would like to share what I found in detail. The bulbs I used were 5mm "Cool White" pre-wired LED's, with a voltage...
  6. AtomicLP

7070 Main filter capacitor replacements

Hey Pete, just going off the pic do you think the leads would be too short to connect with the circuit board? Good find, they're quite a bit smaller diameter but I like the long leads..wait time is long 20+wks :eek: Spacing of the current leads is about 13mm....the hole would fit 10-15mm...
  7. AtomicLP

7070 Main filter capacitor replacements

Hello, I'm planning on a recap of my 7070. I've got everything except the large main filter capacitors. Does anyone have suggestions as to a suitable replacement? There seems to be few I can find, and to make things trickier, they are mounted in a weird way. Through the chassis and soldered...
  8. AtomicLP

Marantz 2250b recap.. lost sound after power amp completed

Final update: .............. SOLVED............... I gave the unit to my uncle for a second set of eyes (and a lot more electronics knowledge).... His findings on the P800 power supply board, the Power Supply Voltage had dropped from what I set it (when it was working) 35Vdc to a mere 8Vdc ...
  9. AtomicLP

Unfortunately I'm back to square one. The audio cut out again back to highly distorted. I took out the newly replaced transistors and tried another 4 with no luck. I'll be bringing it to my uncles who has a proper scope. I'll report back if we can trace the issue down.
  10. AtomicLP

That song was eric b & rakim - what's on your mind Edit: see my final post for the reason this was all happening....
  11. AtomicLP

Sansui 7070 LED dial pointer comparison (with pictures)

I posted this thread in December but noticed the image server I used basically disappeared...and there is no option to edit. So I will repost for you all... I recently posted a thread asking info on LED replacements. Well long story short I ordered some pre-wired LED's 3mm for the dial pointer...
  12. AtomicLP

I hope it is just transistor woes! Just quickly checked the preamp/tone board and no 2SC458's on there, but there are two 458s on the phono P400 board in H405/H406 position. I ordered 10x KSC1845 , and 10x KSA992 for the preamp replacement. If everything works out I will also swap out the 458s...
  13. AtomicLP

On the 2250B the pre-amp/tone board are one unit making things a bit easier to work on. Tried the hair dryer but didn't hear any differences. In my searching I just stumbled upon this thread http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2250-woes.569646/ which describes very similar...
  14. AtomicLP

Got it all reassembled but no luck with the shorting inputs. Popped a pig-tail fuse while diagnosing (d'oh) and it cut out all the lights. Got that fixed now. Unfortunately the same symptoms exist; highly distorted crackly sound. When on main-in w/ipod it plays fine, also checked the tape inputs...
  15. AtomicLP

Here is a video showing the distortion
  16. AtomicLP

I appreciate your help. Fired up the amp this morning and got the same symptoms. Plays the ipod through the "main in" jacks no problems at all. Cleaned the main-in/outs, cleaned the "dubbing" jacks with a swab (they were fairly dirty). I guess my next option is to start pulling switches and...
  17. AtomicLP

I was able to unscrew from the heatsink then swivel the board around to get access to everything. Did not have to remove any original wiring.
  18. AtomicLP

Interesting....gave this a shot with my ipod. I plugged it to the "main-in" jack and the audio plays no problem on both left/right channels. What is this telling me? The problem lies with the main amps?
  19. AtomicLP

I cleaned up the main relay, no luck. Also played with the main in/pre-outs. As it sits now the only audio output is fully distorted on both left/right channels. You get crackly "jabs" of audio fully distorted if you turn up the volume. I wonder if a transistor(s) is smoked. If I start wiggling...
  20. AtomicLP

Do you mean I may have lifted a poor solder joint away from the board?
  21. AtomicLP

Soaked the switches in deoxit, really focused on the input selector switch, bent a tabs a little closer to the plates and rotated it until my fingers hurt. Got the fan on the unit to dry and I'll fire it up in a bit.
  22. AtomicLP

I got everything cleaned (or so I think) with deoxit and all voltages set up back to spec. I hooked the amp back up and was playing some music for around 15 minutes. Everything sounded awesome, then it cut out again. I started wiggling switches. Sound came back while playing with the FM Muting...
  23. AtomicLP

Definitely, words to live by
  24. AtomicLP

Here is a pic of what I was talking about in regards to the possible wiring mistake:
  25. AtomicLP

The problem was occurring on AM, FM and on AUX (did not test phono or tape inputs) Great info thanks! For J711 something seems wrong on the schematic. I don`t think the actual wiring matches the schematic. If we`re looking at the same one, check out J706 and it looks different than J711. I've...
Back
Top Bottom