Search results

1. E

2 Tuner's hooked to 1 Antennae

Steren TV Satellite Diplexer, Splitter, Combiner - 201-252 E01 7506250901522 | eBay Would something like this 2-way combiner/splitter work, or do I just need a "basic" (non combiner) 2 way splitter? Would I connect the OUT to each of the 2 Tuner(s) and the IN to the antennae?
  2. E

2 Tuner's hooked to 1 Antennae

I would like to connect both my AM/FM tuners to a single attic antennae. Is there a certain splitter that I need? I see 2-way splitters have 1 in and 2 out connections, but I'm not certain if they will work or how to properly connect. I have all F connecters.
  3. E

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Joy FM 90.5 WBVM Christian Radio on my Denon TU-1500RD.
  4. E

SP-1500 Crossover Recap

I recently came upon a really nice looking and sounding pair of SP-1500's. I read that I need two each following sizes (2.2F,6.8uF,22uF,47uF). Poly caps for tweeters and electrolytics for the rest, still best bang for your buc approach?
  5. E

Great stylus brush inside!

Phono Turntable Needle Cartridge Stylus Cleaner Cleaning Brush | eBay I use 2 of these....one for wet and the other for dry cleaning. These are the same Shure included with some of their cartridges.
  6. E

Closed vs Open back - Meze Classic 99 vs KLH Ultimate One

Meze are truly magnificent...especially for the price. Glad you enjoy the KLH's.
  7. E

Best Headphones for under $200

ESS 422H.
  8. E

Discwasher SC-1 stylus brush

I prefer the Shure Sylus Brush (soft bristles) over the more common "stiff" stylus brushes. I have some rather expensive stylus that I don't trust with the stiffer round brushes. Every few LP's, I just use my ATSK 301 liquid cleaner to clean anything that the Shure brush "might" leave behind...
  9. E

Can only afford 1 stylus, should it be for V15 III or DL-60 cart?

Shure V15 Type III is a classic. Period.
  10. E

Rotel CD Player acting WIERD

Just received a rather newish Rotel CD player that is puzzling? CD player makes loud internal mechanical noise (transport maybe?) while playing tracks 1 through 3 or 4 (sound diminishes some each track forward)....then noise is completely gone. Also, some CD's and even CDR's, are noisier or less...
  11. E

Buying Vintage (Thorens)

Not true..I have 2 Technics SL-1800MK2 tables and love them. I still own my TD-150 MK2, and and have owned about a dozen other Thorens. Prices on used Thorens tables have steadily risen over the last decade. Good Luck!
  12. E

Stanton 600 Cartridge

Stanton 600's are very underappreciated. Have been using one for years and love it!
  13. E

CONICAL LOVE -Who loves running a conical needle on a cartridge most don't???

Most of my LP collection is late 60's to early 80's Rock and I like Conical tips for these. Luckily, I have several NOS Jico conicals for my Shure V15 Type III and IV's carts.
  14. E

Jico Conical on a V15III

I have NOS Jico conicals on both my V15 Type III and IV..... very happy with them.
  15. E

Screws and hardware?

Check out vinylparts on the the big auction site..lots of choices and low prices.
  16. E

What cartridges are we using?

Shure V15 Type III, IV are my favorite.
  17. E

My first Empire

I love my 598....Empire tables are to die for. Enjoy,enjoy!
  18. E

Stanton 600 Cartridge

Here's a Genuine Pickering stylus : https://www.ebay.com/itm/264300626186?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 These are really good sounding carts and often overlooked...which is fine for those of us who know how wonderful they are.
  19. E

Harman Kardon T55C experience/opinions?

Currently have a Ortofon Super OM10 mounted on my T55C and it sounds great. I also have a older Shure M95ED that I use for my older/worn LP's.
  20. E

Harman Kardon T55C experience/opinions?

The T55C (Floating suspension) is a superb table...have had one for years and love it. The tonearm is excellent too! The OEM headshells are kinda hard to find but I have made myself an extra 4 by gently tweaking some carbon fiber Empire's. $100 is a steel..I'd easily pay 3x that if it's in good...
  21. E

Platter mat for AR-ES-1

My AR "The Turntable " is similar to your ES-1 like ChristopherP mentioned above. A good Rubber Mat (medium thickness) is what came on mine, and is fine.
  22. E

Jelco is closing business

Just saw this and am very saddened by the news. They made some of the finest arms and headshells in the world. http://av2day.com/2020/05/tonearm-maker-jelco-closes-up-shop/
  23. E

Linn vs Thorens Smackdown. Who Will Win?

SO,SO TRUE I hate to say. I can't count the number of used "nice" tables I bought over the years that were severely damaged due to poor packing.
Back
Top Bottom