Search results

1. ampex6973

Bozak ID

YES; NEXT THING I WILL DO IS THE CAPS
  2. ampex6973

Bozak ID

I just found out they are BARZALY CABS W/BOZAK SPEAKERS .SOUND PHENOMENAL THRU TUBE GEAR
  3. ampex6973

Bozak ID

thank you
  4. ampex6973

Bozak ID

JUST BOUGHT THESE FOR $200/ANY CLUE WHAT MODEL? THEY CONTAIN FIVE SPEAKERS TWO OF WHICH ARE TWEETERS AND 1 12 INCH WOOFER AND TWO MIDS.
  5. ampex6973

My system

I have Ampex 6973 mono blocks w/ Marantz 23 tuner/ Rega Planar three w/ RB303 arm and Grado cartridge and Infinity SM 112 studio monitors.
  6. ampex6973

Ampex 6973

Hi, There are a lot of those tubes out there but you need really goood NOS Rca 6973's that seem to bias best in these amps or so trial and error have shown .EH has new quads for sale cheap but can't speak as to how they are,
  7. ampex6973

Ampex 6973

Hi, Keep forgetting to say kudoo's to Mike for making this all happen .He did the spectacular job of making these come alive again.The tubes in these amps are funny on bias / you really ha ve to get a matched pair to keep from redplating .
  8. ampex6973

Ampex 6973

HI, That being said I precision matched the resistors/CC's handle more heat and I guess the moisture comes in play as well.I won't even argue the metal film as I built one set with those and it was noisy IMO THESE are quite different than jukebox amps. They came in high end consoles built by...
  9. ampex6973

Ampex 6973

10. ampex6973

Ampex 6973

After a long two years I finally got my Ampex 6973 mono block amps back.They were totally dismantles/rewired/new socket Russian paper in oil couplers and period correct NOS carbon comp resistors.They sound beautiful an run dead quiet .
  11. ampex6973

Hum

Nothing is close enough to disturb and the house wiring is fine as well.
  12. ampex6973

Hum

Thank you .I have had AT new cartridges on here and it does the same.I had a v15 years ago on another planar but it had he ground wire inn the cable which I had no issues with but sold it like a dummy.I'm pretty sure I'll have to get this arm rewired w/ a dedicated ground.
  13. ampex6973

What TT's do you folks have

I have a Rega Pllanar 3 w/ rb303 arm and a Grado cartridge.
  14. ampex6973

Hum

I have a Rega Planar 3 with an rb303 arm and grado cartridge. It doesn't have a dedicated ground wire so is there a fix for the hum problem? I believe the ground runs through the left channel .
  15. ampex6973

A different twist to the Eico HF-85

I love my hf 85 stock sound
  16. ampex6973

How many tube amps do you have?

I would be interested in the w5m also
  17. ampex6973

How many tube amps do you have?

Ampex6973 monoblocks just redone,HH Scott 330 tuner,marantz tuner,pair of Heathkit W5M's W/NOS brit kt66's etc,Scott 299c and a 99,one unidentifiable integrated amp,Tube Synchro Amp,trying to break the lease w/ The La Scala's,Rega 3 W/RB303 and Denon 103 powered by a phono 12 volt DC I just...
  18. ampex6973

Bypassing Capacitors

Bypass caps I by passed the power supply caps in my Ampex 6973's and it removed all the hum at idle .I don't possess golden ear ability but these little 15 watters push the Klipsch La Scala's at crazy levels .I'm a firm believer in bypassing the power supplies on amps and will do the same to my...
  19. ampex6973

Sound Valves VTP 101 Manual

Does anyone have one of these to share and also a schematic . Thanks in advance
  20. ampex6973

Rega planar 3,speed control,rb300 arm and Denon103

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RYYC4U?colid=3BCWN4AMFD68U&coliid=I292ZRRB0BJ48Y&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl Hows it sound
  21. ampex6973

New Audio United

BBB Complaint This is in reference to your complaint against New Audio United. Your complaint was assigned ID #10679740
  22. ampex6973

Heathkit W5/mods/ideas

I just bought a set of these .Replacing power caps as we speak . What mods etc. are used or recommended .Sorry but I'm sure it is all ready here but I can't find the thread .
  23. ampex6973

New Audio United

Address
  24. ampex6973

New Audio United

Scammers Hi, I have a Rega Planar three and we all know it has a glass platter .I took the Dl103 out of the box,installed it on the tonearm ,swung it over to use the protractor and once I got it close I removed the safety cover for the stylus and that is when I discovered it wasn't there .I...
  25. ampex6973

New Audio United

Crooked SOB's Guy named Eric will answer the phone when you call.I ordered a Denon 110 three weeks ago a nd I got tired of waiting so I called and told them to expedite ship me a 103 which they did and it arrived without the stylus.I called and immediately he said they had the test report on it...
Back
Top Bottom