Search results

1. mhardy6647

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

It's good that you went.
  2. mhardy6647

My “New” Sansui TA-500

3. mhardy6647

Happy Birthday cabinover!

one of AK's best. Happy birthday, ol' son!
  4. mhardy6647

Happy Birthday Tom Brennan!

... and another!
  5. mhardy6647

Happy Birthday markus!

One of my favorite-est ever AKers.
  6. mhardy6647

Happy Birthday F1nut!

Happy birthday, ol' son!
  7. mhardy6647

Happy Birthday baco99!

Happy birthday, ol' son.
  8. mhardy6647

I'm turning in my keys.

Thank you, sir.
  9. mhardy6647

My best friend passed away.

Very sorry to hear of your friend's passing.
  10. mhardy6647

Any songs with double bass?

Joy Kills Sorrow You Make Me Feel Drunk. Find the original recording (from their album Darkness Sure Becomes this City). A remarkable, and very funny, solo by their bassist Bridget Kearney. (Bridget more recently of Lake Street Dive) YT has some live videos, but they won't necessarily give much...
  11. mhardy6647

Your early experiences on AK

yup. : -)
  12. mhardy6647

Your early experiences on AK

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/iso-vintage-philips-dome-tweeter.1490/#post-12275
  13. mhardy6647

Can anyone shed any light on identifying this large Tube?

https://worldradiohistory.com/BOOKSHELF-ARH/RCA-Books/RCA-Guide-for-Transmitting-Tubes-1942.pdf
  14. mhardy6647

Giant Presto turntable...tell me about it!

The really important question is: What were you doing in Athol? ;) Nice to see you postin', sir -- hope you are well! I also hope you got the PM I sent you a week or two (or three) ago.
  15. mhardy6647

Hadley

I thought it was about the town in Western Massachusetts. Beautiful componentry.
  16. mhardy6647

Why is absolute polarity backwards in my system?

Oh, I'll also mention that the XLR cable pin-out "standard" has been a bit... mercurial... over the years. Modern cables & components (i.e., your Rane XO) should be OK, but the old dictum "trust but verify" is a good thing to keep in mind when dealing with balanced interconnections and polarity...
  17. mhardy6647

Why is absolute polarity backwards in my system?

could be any one component (or any odd number of them; two inverters would cancel out!) -- and it should also be testable. Isolate components (one at a time) and retest. Are you 100% sure of the veracity of that particular polarity tester? This is -- FWIW -- the one I use. These are in...
  18. mhardy6647

Diana's turntable

Braun (Dieter Rams design) and absolutely timeless. As was Dame Diana. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/can-anyone-id-the-silver-and-black-square-turntable-on-this-beautiful-vitsoe-shelf.944739/ https://demo.getgrav.org/lingonberry-skeleton/blog/the-life-and-works-of-dieter-rams
  19. mhardy6647

New to AK. Restoring a 1940 RCA 26x4

Did you see AK's sister site www.videokarma.org ? Irrespective of the name, it's the antique radio side of the business ;)
  20. mhardy6647

Harman Kardon A-402 opinions?

Re: the Wards 450: whoa. I say, whoa. :confused: New(s) to me! ;)
  21. mhardy6647

Can you identify this horn driver?

Here's a 1" three-bolt JBL driver (275) attached to a JBL horn (H5040), for reference/comparison (& FWIW). DSC_6121a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr ... and here's the same, compared to a 2" throat, four-bolt JBL 2441 driver (sans horn). DSC_0455 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  22. mhardy6647

Can you identify this horn driver?

Pretty generic looking compression driver. Tell us the numbers when you get a chance, please, @johnhoef. It looks like it ends in "16" which I am guessing means it is a 16 ohm driver. EDIT: Looks like (????) A1512HR16 534...
  23. mhardy6647

Can anyone identify these Electro-Voice speakers?

That'd be nice. The fact it's a (stereo) pair is a good sign, since the enclosures date from the very dawn of the consumer stereo hifi era. That said, here's my guess, FWIW. ;) 15TRXBfront by Mark Hardy, on Flickr 15TRXBrear by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
Back
Top Bottom