Search results

1. Madman1

Dire straits on every street…rhino vs Mofi

Anyone have an opinion on which one of these I should buy? Mofi is twice the price, but is pressed from analogue. Pretty sure Rhino is from digital. The Rhino gets a few hit and miss reviews as most of their pressings do.
  2. Madman1

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

@Ilikevinyl is there an ideal sut setting that I need to look for?
  3. Madman1

@mcgjohn i was about to pull the trigger on a At-33ptg/2 just before your message came thru. Thoughts?
  4. Madman1

@Old Guy8 I do have a Vpi vacuum that works great. I typically will not play any records on my main turntable that aren't near mint.
  5. Madman1

uurrgghhh! I know I'm repeating some things here, but I need to type out the voices in my head. I've got analysis paralysis now and can't decide which direction to go. So I have read rave reviews of the warm engaging sound of the Nagaoka mp-200, but I've also read complaints about igd and lack...
  6. Madman1

Looking to upgrade the AT-440mla on my sl-1200mkii with kab mods. Have considered spending more money and getting a sut and Denon 103, but some suggestions the Grado opus and a few others. Is it worth the $300 more to move to the Denon?
  7. Madman1

Next step in the cartridge world

Interesting, seems to be quite a lot of 1200 owners using the 103. Although it also seems to benefit from using a different headshell and possibly weight, which makes your point. I ended up purchasing a Shure v15ii with Sas boron stylus…hopefully it sounds good.
  8. Madman1

Yes, that is my understanding as well. And I have thought about the 540 and it gets good reviews, but I wanted a bit of a step up from what I’m using may be something totally different.
  9. Madman1

@Gigantic I’ve seen some talk of the 110, any idea how It’d compare to my 440mla? Could it be compared at all against the 103, or is that apples to oranges?
  10. Madman1

Ok Sarge, you are really pushing my buttons here!! Just to clarify, if I use I sut I will no longer use the phono input, but would then use the linestage on my preamp? I’m a little iffy on that because I love the phono stage of my mx110z.
  11. Madman1

So I currently have a AT-440mla cart on my somewhat kab modded sl-1200mkii. It sounds nice and I’ve enjoyed it for a few years, but I’m wanting to try something new/different and maybe a couple rungs up the ladder. Would hopefully stay below $300 for a new cart, but to be honest I’ve been...
  12. Madman1

Can anybody identify this cartridge?

My gut said empire but I didn’t know for sure. Decent cart?
  13. Madman1

Totally thought I added pics..
  14. Madman1

This came on a Garrard 301 that I’m looking to restore in the future. Only marking I see is what looks to be a B3-5 stamped on the body and a K on the stylus insert. Thanks.
  15. Madman1

Fairchild 412…1steps?

Well I got up the nerve and cut the hole. Got it all in today…a bit tedious. It’s good and quite tracks well. I’m confused about the cap on the power switch. If I use one jumped between the two wires it makes a connection and my switch doesn’t work. Where is the cap supposed to go?
  16. Madman1

Fairchild 412…1steps?

This is exactly what info I needed @adnick …So to beat a dead horse, as long as the angle of the center of the tonearm slot is in a straight line from the spindle at the appropriate distance then it can be almost anywhere it will fit?
  17. Madman1

Fairchild 412…1steps?

@bob smog please forgive my ignorance, but I’m still confused a bit, so I think I understand template and mounting distance. What I don’t understand is the angle from the spindle to the corner mount spot. Look at these pictures, you can see where the old tonearm was which I was hoping would be...
  18. Madman1

Fairchild 412…1steps?

Bob, I’m trying to make sure the proper spot to cut the hole. I have the same plinth as you had. Hard to tell from the pic, do you remember if the mount/tonearm was inline with the corner of the plinth?
  19. Madman1

Fairchild 412…1steps?

I still need a mat too, other than that fancy expensive one that you use @adnick !
  20. Madman1

Fairchild 412…1steps?

@bob smog I think you had a 3009 on your 412. I’m getting close to cutting a hole in the top of my plinth to mount a 3009… good idea, or go a different route?
  21. Madman1

Sme 3009 S1 unimproved mounting

Thanks, I’ve got to attempt to get signed back into vinylengine, they kicked me out a while back, maybe due to lack of visits. When I tried to sign back up they said they weren’t accepting new members at the time.
  22. Madman1

Sme 3009 S1 unimproved mounting

Is the mounting distance of 218.5mm that I've read is for the s2 models the same for the S1? And the base needs to be mounted in line with the spindle, Or should I say mounting diagonal inline with the spindle?
  23. Madman1

Bryans12v

This is way over due, but @bryans12v really did me a solid a while back and I just wanted to say thank you to him and say he’s a great guy to deal with.
  24. Madman1

Greg Nal positive feedback

Great recent transaction with @Greg Nal, trustworthy and very nice guy!
  25. Madman1

BuzzK is NOT a buzzkill!

I can attest that BuzzK is great to deal with as well.
Back
Top Bottom