Search results

1. J

Sansui AU-555A Rebuild Cap Coupled Goodness

I'm interested in having my 555a recapped/restored as it sounds to me like the right channel is a bit weaker than the left. I don't have the skillset to do this on my own.... anyone in this thread point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  2. J

nickrobotron - Great Seller

Picked up an AT 440MLa cart with an AT 120E stylus. In the packaging was a bag of Guatemalan whole bean coffee. Delicious! Buy with confidence from nickrobotron!
  3. J

cdfac - Great Seller

cdfac, you're a pleasure to do business with. thanks for the great deal on the cart/stylus. Next time I'm out your way, I'll have a 6-er of IPA underarm. rest of AK -- buy with confidence when dealing with cdfac. He's a great dude.
  4. J

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

"New" SL 1200 MK2 owner here. No pics yet, but glad I can join you all. What an incredible table!
  5. J

JBL N26 vs Polk Audio Monitor 40's?

I have a pair of Monitor 40 IIs in my bedroom, driven with a Yamaha CA-1010. Vinyl is spun on a Pioneer PL-25 picked up with a Sumiko Black Pearl cart. Digital music is delivered through my phone/tablet using Spotify streaming at extreme quality. I enjoy the 40s quite well, although they...
  6. J

Polk LSiM703

Reviving an older thread here but I'm curious if you've posted your findings in comparing the CM5s to the LSiM703s? I have the LSi15s and really enjoy them so I'm searching for a set of LSi9s for the bedroom. However, I wouldn't turn down a set of LSiM703s, or CM5s for that matter. Thanks!
  7. J

Turntable Hum

Noted. Thank you, marc. I'm interested to A/B the Grado and the Shure. As you may have seen in another thread I'm likely upgrading the old stylus to either an 8MZ or an MCZ. I'm assuming based on your input, the hum will still exist with these styli as well. The hum is such that it does...
  8. J

Turntable Hum

The hum is more prevalent when not playing.
  9. J

Turntable Hum

My combo is not listed there. There is a single entry with the Dual CS5000 using a Grado Black which produced hum. I have a Shure cart/JICO stylus combo on the way. If I still get hum, then we know it's not the cart, correct?
  10. J

Turntable Hum

I'd be perfectly OK if this hum is typical and/or normal. It's not overbearing but when I'm changing LPs without lowering the volume level, it's definitely noticeable.
  11. J

Turntable Hum

Dual CS5000 with Grado X1+ cart. Hum does not intensify, or diminish, when touching either the TA or the HS.
  12. J

Turntable Hum

Hey guys and gals. I'm getting a hum through my turntable. It's the only source in my system where I hear the hum -- aux input (3.5mm stereo cable for Spotify on my phone), CD, and BluRay are are perfectly silent. I've tried grounding the table to the preamp, AVR, and the power center...
  13. J

Why???

I have the 40th anniversary edition and it sounds pretty dang good to me. I don't think this is the re-issued 180 gram edition you're referring to though....? If it is, which I think it sounds good, it seems as though I have a ways to go with what sounds good and what doesn't! ;-)
  14. J

Cartridge Upgrade Advice

Sent DaveyW an email, hopefully get his input. For the price difference, doesn't seem to make much sense to "settle" for the 8MZ. May as well pop for the MCZ!
  15. J

Cartridge Upgrade Advice

Correct, the MM input is standard 47K. I use the MC47K which Parasound indicates in the owner's manual is the proper input for Grado's MI carts. With the Dual's low mass arm, which stylus (8MZ or MCZ) would you consider the proper fit?
  16. J

Cartridge Upgrade Advice

I have the Parasound Halo P5 preamp with 3-position selectable phono stage -- MM, MC47ohm, and MC100 ohm.
  17. J

Cartridge Upgrade Advice

Hey guys and gals! I have an older Grado X1+ cartridge & stylus on my Dual CS5000. My first turntable and I'm really enjoying vinyl; much more than I ever enjoyed listening to CDs. Seeing as how I picked the Dual up used from the original owner (he approximated 300-ish hours on the...
  18. J

American Top 40.. RIP.

Nice 2250 :thmbsp:
  19. J

Thursday Tunes

The Band, self titled. Green Capitol pressing. Spun on a Pioneer PL-A25 deck with a Sumiko Pearl cart through Polk Audio Monitor 40's powered by a Marantz 2270. Bliss.
  20. J

Thank You Yamaki

wanted to give a shout out to Yamaki for the incredible deal we worked out on a Parasound Halo P5. The preamp showed up in better-than-advertised/expected condition. Extremely happy with the unit and will not hesitate to do business with him in the future. Highly Recommended!
  21. J

New to me 2270

Found it on audiogon, actually. Only pics I have are crappy low-light phone pics. I'll get some nicer ones with the DSLR when I get the time. I played around a bit with the tone controls and found I like one click of bass with jazz and the same click with rock at lower volumes. Once I get to...
  22. J

New to me 2270

Scored a lovely example of a Marantz 2270. It replaced a Yammy integrated amp in my bedroom, driving some Polk Monitor 40's (which I've never been a fan of in the 8 or so years I've owned tbem) and I can't get enough of the sound coming from this receiver from the 70s. This is my first...
  23. J

Polk Audio Monitor 10 Help

Have really been enjoying these speakers! Moved them out to the garage and after hooking them up I heard the same rattle from the left speaker I was getting on the right speaker, indicating a bad PR. Pulled it and sure enough, exact same issue I had with the other one. So...BkPhoto, PM sent!
  24. J

Home listening now. You guys.... These speakers sound incredible. Wow.
  25. J

Going to go the glue route on the PR...see where that takes me. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom