Search results

1. txturbo

Marantz 2500 toroidal power transformer blown

This fuse is encapsulated in the epoxy resin that surrounds the transformer. I have tried to access it. I won't say it's impossible but its very unlikely to access it without damaging the rest of the transformer.
  2. txturbo

Marantz Stereophonic Tuner Model Twenty

If the scope lights up and you get any trace then the scope tube is likely good. What happens when you move the dial? Does the tuner sound ok?
  3. txturbo

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long?

Hope you are better soon.
  4. txturbo

Marantz 2600 European

Check this thread for info on where to find the SN. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2600-from-the-recycling-bin.677927/
  5. txturbo

Harman Kardon Citation Receiver resto

Can you post a picture of what you have?
  6. txturbo

Harman Kardon Citation Receiver resto

Sorry, I just saw this. The touch panel on mine was complete. Are you missing the buttons?
  7. txturbo

Power Supply Caps

You might be able to flow some fresh solder onto the bar to increase the heat transfer. You could also try 2 small irons at the same time.
  8. txturbo

sx-1250 tuner, phono board

You can also do it with a perf board.
  9. txturbo

sx-1250 tuner, phono board

I still have a bag of thees. If you have a genuine need for one pm me.
  10. txturbo

What is the best hi-fi tuner ever made?

I would like to hear this one: "The 109 Signature Edition is not only our best FM Tuner but the best in the world. The tuner board is Magnum Dynalab’s best we have ever made, the TRACC MKII audio has been under development for 10 years by Zdenko Zivkovic, it features Teflon By-pass caps, fully...
  11. txturbo

Amplify headphone output?

Or just use an inline headphone amp. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1241150-REG/fiio_a1_portable_headphone_amp.html?ap=y&smp=y
  12. txturbo

Amplify headphone output?

You may want to look at the impedance of the headphone jack of the handheld radio. It might be somewhat simple to change a resistor in the headphone circuit of the radio to increase the matching or improve the gain.
  13. txturbo

Onkyo TX-51 Receiver dies ughhhhhh

The fuse you need to check is inside the unit.
  14. txturbo

Onkyo TX-51 Receiver dies ughhhhhh

Check the fuse.
  15. txturbo

Harman Kardon Citation Receiver Bias

I see a problem.. One part of the manual calls for the idle current to be set to zero however on the page for the driver board it is defined as 45mv +/- 5mv. This is correct.
  16. txturbo

Harman Kardon Citation Receiver Bias

Its 0 +/- 100 mV. Set them as close to 0 as you can get.
  17. txturbo

Are FM amplifiers supposed to be used for radio reception on your stereo?

Not all FM amps are created equal. Some, like the Magnum Dynalab MD205 are tuned. I thought Radio Shack made one like this at one point. "HOW THE MD 205 SIGNAL SLEUTH WORKS The Sleuth is a tunable RF processor for the 88-108 MHz frequency band. It is capable of applying amplification or...
  18. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

Have you checked caps C333 and C335?
  19. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

Do you mean the waveform is different? I have seen problems with the volume and balance pots. Sometimes they are not linear. By the way, Tony indicated the difference between the mute circuits a few years back. Check out post 96. I think the problem must be in the limiter section. You get...
  20. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

I am not sure about a shorted resistor. Let's try this.. Place a jumper wire between the blue wire coming from the limiter and the center terminal of R328. This will bypass the mute switch. By the way.. The schematic is not correct in regards to the mute circuit. This is what it looks...
  21. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

The +/- 12 V looks ok . What do you measure at 5F as you tune? Specifically when you are tuned to a point on the dial that's all noise? I think everything else works, it's just that you can't get a low enough voltage at 5F when you tune to trip the mute circuit. Mine trips at about .8V.
  22. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

It may have something to do with the transistors but everything else works so I doubt it. After you replaced the zener diodes what do you read for +/- 12V?
  23. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

What about the other direction?
  24. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

What's the minimum voltage you can get on the center terminal when you turn the pot?
  25. txturbo

Marantz Model 18

Ok.. That looks normal on the receiver scope. So.. The circuit around Q305 is probably ok, this manages the signal strength displayed by the scope. The muting circuit uses a portion of this signal that is fed to Q305 to trigger the mute function. The scaling of this is managed by R328...
Back
Top Bottom