Search results

1. rocketman65

Mid Atlantic AK Gathering Sunday May 22nd

I guess I'm the obvious scapegoat on the weather... Truth be told, this is hotter than Florida. Looking forward to meeting you all. Glenn
  2. rocketman65

Mid Atlantic AK Gathering Sunday May 22nd

So I find myself in Maryland dealing with some pretty heavy stuff with my elderly mother. As it looks like I will still be here for a while, I would welcome and appreciate the distraction of some audio fellowship. Is there a secret handshake LOL or can you PM an address for the gathering? As...
  3. rocketman65

Valuation of Vintage Pioneer Stuff

ughhh! I missed this one :bye: Someday I'll catch of these CL listings early enough...
  4. rocketman65

Another SX-1250 saved from the scrap bin

"The unit looks like it was sitting in a barn or garage for a very long time." Wow - that unit looks like its been buried in the desert outside Vegas - sinful. You're doing an amazing job with the resto! Thank you for saving one of the finest.
  5. rocketman65

RT-707 How much would you pay?

Thank you - I should so a better job of searching first... Good to know I'm in the right ballpark.
  6. rocketman65

RT-707 How much would you pay?

I would like to add a pio reel-to-reel to my growing silver-face collection. Every once in a while I'll see one on CL (never near me, more like a 4 hour drive) and of course there's always that auction site which they seem to run "high" considering questionable service history, etc. I would...
  7. rocketman65

SX-1250 bi-amp best practice

Ah-Ha - Good point. I guess that's why manufacturers provided the pre-out / amp-in. :beerchug: Thank you
  8. rocketman65

SX-1250 bi-amp best practice

As I am starting to build my silver-face collection, I am eyeing up a Spec-2 to add to my existing SX-1250 which is driving some AR-9s. The Spec-2 on the woofers, and the sx-1250 on the upper end. What is the best practice to bi-amp this? I was thinking of replacing the pre-out jumpers with...
  9. rocketman65

Looking for Central Florida members.

I just stumbled on this thread. I'm around the corner in PSJ!
  10. rocketman65

VINYL

Yes, in the window of Sam Goodys next to some what looks like some OLAs. I think I'm finding myself looking more into what the props dept is putting on display each week than following the story. Popping a demo tape into a Nakamichi 700 - thumbs up, the pio rt701 or 707 in the conference room...
  11. rocketman65

Is a Pioneer PL-530 servicable?

I'm looking at buying a PL-530 locally. I've read to look out for loose tonearm mounts. My question is - is this fixable and how fixable (do I need to locate a donor TT or just a competent shop)? Thank you
  12. rocketman65

Pioneer PL-530

I'm looking at 2 different PL-530s on local CL for $350-$360. They appear to be in fair shape. I really like the look of this era TT, my first purchase was a PL-117D so I'm nostalgic towards the Pios. This seems a "fair" price and I'm concerned an online sale could lead to a bad shipping job...
  13. rocketman65

new to AK

Just turned 50 and found you Googling around for some vintage equipment. As a birthday gift to myself, I want to put together my childhood "wish-list" this year and I think this is a good place to start.
Back
Top Bottom