Search results

1. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

some shots from greenpoint bridge- got really lucky with the timing/lighting all taken with nikon 1 v3 10mm f2.8 prime
  2. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

all shot nikon 1 v3 10-30mm or d3300 70-300mm dx DSC_7574 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0088 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0171 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0147 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0232 (1) by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0253 (2) by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0154 by rick...
  3. nyhifihead

Small-ish Floorstanders under $3k?

I don't think you can go wrong with either Acoustic Zen Adagios and PSB Synchrony One if you find a used pair.. also monitor audio silver 500 7g is stereophile recommended "A" for 2022 @ $3200/pr. they have some great cabinet and xover tech in those things. They are on my list as well
  4. nyhifihead

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

more tandoori chicken, this time with a super spicy curry sauce w. himalayan chiles. Side of stir fried broccoli & baby bellas
  5. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

I didn't. got on my knees and lookin thru the viewfinder like a madman. the angle was also terrible but i didnt feel like driving to a better point. If i had a telephoto lens on my nikon 1 v3 I couldve easily set up a nice automated time lapse. the mirrorless has a lot more success in low light...
  6. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

really hope someone one ups me, I could not get a good shot once the eclipse happened for my life. Also non-weighted tripods are trash. All shot D3300 + 70-300mm AF-P DSC_0755 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0771 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0800 (1) by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0823 by...
  7. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

I was never impressed with the AF-S 55-200mm, this one is leagues ahead. wicked fast AF and not bulky at all. great portraits @ 70mm too.. @ 185mm DSC_0474 by rick houston, on Flickr @ 260mm DSC_0478 by rick houston, on Flickr @ 125mm DSC_0558 by rick houston, on Flickr @ 300mm DSC_0567...
  8. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

Very nice, I need to get a NDF filter for similar shots. Went to some local nature preserves experimenting with my 70-300mm af-p dx DSC_0310 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0547 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0406 (2) by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0618 (1) by rick houston, on Flickr...
  9. nyhifihead

Any Subie Experts?

subaru n/a engine head gaskets are notoriously garbage. most start leaking after 100-120k. If it's a fresh rebuild I hope the heads were machined and they used a new head gasket. glad to hear it was the rad cap. A friend of mine with a 04 forester using the EJ251 N/A motor used STi...
  10. nyhifihead

Hafler amplifer opinions

Most of the hafler amp topology is very similar within the same line. I'm assuming my 9505 is basically a larger version of the 9180 linked. I don't know enough about circuit design in this explicit example to tell you for sure but I would pick it up unless your speakers are extremely...
  11. nyhifihead

Hafler amplifer opinions

My P4000 and 9505 are still more detailed than many different amps I've used/auditioned in my systems. The "MOSFET" amps get the rep of being warm and less resolving, and this may be true for other amps but I've never found both my P4000 or 9505 to be accurate in their presentation. Also FWIW...
  12. nyhifihead

$12K

used 3.7+ maggies + stereo subs is a great suggestion, but will be harder to dial in than conventional dynamic speakers also suggest used legacy aeris Revel F228Be monitor audio Platinum PL300 II Canton Reference 7K psb synchrony t600 NHT 3.3 (basically impossible to find used but worth...
  13. nyhifihead

New listening space.. new system

sorry to ruin the surprise but those were polk RTi A5 in the back of my subie 2 posts up.. They sounded great but needed more room than allotted in my current space, and they are clearly not taking over the 3.3s when they are reinstalled, so I sold to a friend. honestly phenomenal speakers with...
  14. nyhifihead

New listening space.. new system

having fun... road trips mean thrift stores & craigslist searching late at night lol got some nice stands with adjustable height to give me a +/- 1inch distance from tweeter , a lil more room treatments. also grabbed a nice lil power amp otw back to LI. seems to be a mid 90s VSP labs trans mos...
  15. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

after a job interview went to a local preserve/beach. got some cool shots of mute swan gaggle DSC_0082 (1) by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0051 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0047 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0918 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0954 by rick houston, on Flickr DSC_0178v2...
  16. nyhifihead

Post your photography!!

the weather was too damn nice to be couped up in a server room. I bounced at half day LOL floored it to suffolk north shore beach, then hit a true bog deep in the pine barrens. Fun day man the subie felt sublime driving in summer weather.. 72F till the sun went down litflowers by rick houston...
  17. nyhifihead

Energy brand speaker thread

canadian brands always presented great value, PSB, paradigm, mirage, and energy some of the best bang for your buck esp used. IIRC mirage and energy were the same company at some point I've seen some veritas bookshelves come up and they are gone within days, never saw the towers in local...
  18. nyhifihead

Todays METAL playlist

sick song off cytotoxin's Gammageddon
  19. nyhifihead

stopped at patel bros over the weekend and picked up like 2yrs worth of indian spices... dirt cheap man indian dish #1, tandoori chicken w. a tikka masala type sauce. (sous vide of course) then onto the 1100F flame broiler in my pellet grill. this is a keeper...
  20. nyhifihead

those wings look sublime.. even shopping smart those wings would cost me $65+ here I am very jealous share your vinegar based sauce I find myself always using NC style opposed to very sweet bbq sauces nowadays
  21. nyhifihead

Todays METAL playlist

such a sick album, crazy they only made one, once again on the prog death metal binge
  22. nyhifihead

RedBook Is All You Need!

I only agree because most of my music taste is beyond niche im lucky to get 44.1khz redbook FLAC. I would say like <.5% is high res I think the only 24/96khz stuff I have is like gorillaz and red hot chili peppers. And a lot of Jazz, including the "system test/showoff " tracks. But I also have...
  23. nyhifihead

Todays METAL playlist

dude this band is sick!! real stoner doom and a sick tone. thanks for the share I grabbed the flac off bandcamp Afterbirth - Four dimensional flesh one of the 2 instrumental tracks off the album, great sound. Really tech/prog and stupid low vocals, been on this genre binge
  24. nyhifihead

Todays METAL playlist

lucky enough to have a CD rip of this... pure tech/prog death metal from montreal. Insane musicians
  25. nyhifihead

RBH Speakers??

agreed, they disappear very well, and for a small footprint they make a massive sound.. only slightly outperformed by my NHT 3.3s, which is saying something "RBH" is one of the few keywords I have for email alerts across cl/bay etc and they almost never come up. Once again I cannot talk enough...
Back
Top Bottom