Search results

1. moondogtn

Technics SL-QL1 Tonearm worm gear help

I know it’s the holidays but just curious if anyone else has any good pics or suggestions regarding this issue. I found another thread with basically same issue. There was no resolution and it’s from 2018. Last post described identical issue I believe. OP hasn’t been on since 2022...
  2. moondogtn

Technics SL-QL1 Tonearm worm gear help

I am hoping someone can help me. I have owned this table for some time. I worked on it a few years ago. I recently went to use it and while it works, there is an issue. When tonearm is returning, it makes more noise than I suspect it should. I believe it’s due to the black piece rubbing against...
  3. moondogtn

PE 2020 Help locating noise

Seems it was the bearing assembly itself. I had another assembly that I installed and noise is not present. I’ll update further once I get it all put back together. Thanks for the guidance.
  4. moondogtn

That’s it. The spindle base/cushion washer/bottom washer/bearing…. It was the same on the parts table I had so I’m fairly certain I have that put together properly. This noise is so odd. It’s almost as if it were rubbing the teeth on the cam but cam is positioned with notched “blank” spot as...
  5. moondogtn

I never thought this would be a huge issue as I haven’t ran across this particular issue before. I’m fairly certain I did. I have another one that I pulled apart in same order. I’ll get pics too. It’s just a cover/top washer that snaps on top. The the balls protrude from bottom side. Platter...
  6. moondogtn

I did remove platter and removed bearing, bottom washer and cushion washer. I opened up bearing and cleaned them up as well as washer and spindle. I used a light coat of super lube on bearings. I probably need to use a thick oil. Reinstalled. I am considering swapping bearing assembly with...
  7. moondogtn

PE2020 noise but can’t tell what this is. I got this table not long ago knowing it didn’t work but hoped I could save it. I cleaned off all hardened grease and added Teflon screw under tonearm as well as on glider pad. All auto functions are working properly but….this noise. I als notice that...
  8. moondogtn

Torn on a Dual 1229- is this TT likely to give me lots of trouble?

As others have said, I’d buy it at that price in a heartbeat. Seller seems to be a stand up guy so I’d definitely keep his contact handy. If you need it serviced in the future, you could use his services.
  9. moondogtn

Nice Dual 1229 for $120--should I grab it?

I noticed you said tested and working. I would grab it in a heartbeat!
  10. moondogtn

Another C.E. VII followed me home...........

Very nice and I like idea of finding a gutted cabinet.
  11. moondogtn

Fisher Statesman Console Solid State

I guess I’m a slacker guys. I got the receiver going and dropped off. That PE Turntable was a bit of a pain but I was able to get it working properly. This console now resides at my daughter and son in laws place. They listen to it often. I have an odd power supply issue that I may have tracked...
  12. moondogtn

Looking at a Pioneer SX-D7000. Good Price?

All of that can be remedied. I have owned the 3900 and the 7000. I sold them both but they sounded great. The 3900 I completely rebuilt following advice on here. The 7000 worked and a buddy wanted it so I sold it. Both are pretty cool receivers. At a minimum, I’d probably rebuild and upgrade...
  13. moondogtn

Finally after getting the single cap that was holding me up, I got her fired up this evening. Sounds really good…except FM. I cant bring in any stations. I’m going to investigate further tomorrow. It’s been a long day. I’ll get some pics and hopefully track down that issue. Auxiliary and AM...
  14. moondogtn

Coral End Table Speakers ?

I was able to repair it so that’s resolved. I’ll check em out some more but overall, they sound really nice. Crossovers have a handful of caps in them. Some are dual caps similar to those in KLH 5. I don’t have all the values or I’d go ahead and take care of that. Later project maybe.
  15. moondogtn

Well, there is that option and I will further attempt it. I tried but the leads were super short. I’ll try to unwind it as I have been able to do that on other drivers. These are definitely on there. As I say, any tips or tricks appreciated. Is there anything that could be used to maybe soften...
  16. moondogtn

Bad luck.....at least one tweeter is bad. I am hoping I can find a diaphragm that will work or possibly repair this one. Btw, they look like the H-1 but without the cover. If anyone has advice on tweeter repair or replacement, let me know. Thanks https://audio-heritage.jp/CORAL/unit/h-1.html
  17. moondogtn

I actually plan to test them with a little different setup. My initial tests were with a setup im not too sure about yet. I’ll definitely review and get back with some news. If anyone is nearby and wants to drop in for a listen, just let me know.
  18. moondogtn

I also found this….1uF cab states 70volts. Reads 1.068 I have some 50v nichicon ecaps to use. C421 on MPX board. They are also installed on C414 and C417. Part number on drawing is one digit off from installed part CE22317-2 CE22316-2
  19. moondogtn

I’m going to pull that tuner board. Looks like fun removing all six ground wires. I’m just thankful not all of boards had those. I may just cut them and redo them depending on how much trouble they are to remove.
  20. moondogtn

Ha. Im going to try not to get too crazy until I decide if I’m keeping. I have found a little info on the drivers…not much. I have found zero cabs that look like that.
  21. moondogtn

Has anyone ever seen these before? The drivers are all functional and sound pretty nice. Sorry for the crappy pics. I don’t have any others at this time. Woofer 12L-2 Mid 6M-1 Tweeter H3-B Crossover NT-3E Mainly curious as I may add some different legs to the cabinets.
  22. moondogtn

I went ahead and finished up that board using .47 for those. I feel like the bottom side is finished. I cleaned the pots while I had that board out. I’m considering powering up initially with DBT and checking voltages. As of yet, I have not found anything too crazy other than two caps that were...
  23. moondogtn

I’m working through this as time permits. I’m on the preamp board 2019. I pulled those caps marked +TIM and of course now I can read them better. .68uF 35V I have .47uF 63V that I had planned on installing here. Old caps measure dead on so I could leave them I suppose? Or I can install the...
  24. moondogtn

Infinity rs5 any good "pics"

I don’t have any experience with this model. I have listened to the RS3. They sounded really good for the size. I had them next to some AR4x. If I remember correctly, these had a little more bass but that could have just been due to other factors and placement.
  25. moondogtn

I checked the output transistors…those are still good as are the little fuses soldered into the leads. I’ll probably just go ahead and order the caps. I do have a few transistors lying around so hopefully work hace something that will work if needed. Right. You never seem to have exactly what...
Back
Top Bottom