Search results

1. moondogtn

Technics SL-QL1 Tonearm worm gear help

I am hoping someone can help me. I have owned this table for some time. I worked on it a few years ago. I recently went to use it and while it works, there is an issue. When tonearm is returning, it makes more noise than I suspect it should. I believe it’s due to the black piece rubbing against...
  2. moondogtn

PE 2020 Help locating noise

PE2020 noise but can’t tell what this is. I got this table not long ago knowing it didn’t work but hoped I could save it. I cleaned off all hardened grease and added Teflon screw under tonearm as well as on glider pad. All auto functions are working properly but….this noise. I als notice that...
  3. moondogtn

Coral End Table Speakers ?

Has anyone ever seen these before? The drivers are all functional and sound pretty nice. Sorry for the crappy pics. I don’t have any others at this time. Woofer 12L-2 Mid 6M-1 Tweeter H3-B Crossover NT-3E Mainly curious as I may add some different legs to the cabinets.
  4. moondogtn

Fisher Statesman Console Solid State

Man…this thing is heavy. I got this thing home today. I was hoping the owners would find paperwork but no such luck. It has the 24-RX receiver which is the same as the 250-T from what I have read. Serial number 90178 The turntable is a Perpetuum Ebner badged as fisher 401. I’ll try to...
  5. moondogtn

GE Console C522 Questions

I picked this up because it was cool looking. It’s missing the porta-if unit which I was not going to use anyway but….someone cut it out and left wires hanging. I would love to find a schematic for this thing. So far, my searches have yielded nothing fruitful. Maybe someone can tell me if...
  6. moondogtn

Snell Type A Value

I have searched the normal places and seems to be limited info. Does anyone know what these may be worth? Thanks in advance.
  7. moondogtn

Jbjsr Class Act

Jbjsr (Joe) has been great to deal with on more than one occasion. Fast shipping, very knowledgeable, and fair prices. Thank you.
  8. moondogtn

Teac CD-P650 Service Manual Help

I load a CD and it will sometimes time say SLED ERR. Other times, it will play one track and either play part of the next track or simply scan through tracks like it is searching the discs. T02, T03, T04....sometimes it will find one and stop to play but most times not. Edit: The device with...
  9. moondogtn

Lafayette SK 500

I picked up a pair of these that were inside some cool end table speakers. I like them but can’t figure out what to do so am contemplating selling. I know they were made by Goodman but that’s about all I know. What’s going price for these? Thanks
  10. moondogtn

Another Snell Type Kiii Surround Question

I picked up a pair of these knowing foam would be gone. I did not know how much fun it would be finding surrounds. These are Peerless woofers P/N 830295 cone diameter is ~ 6 3/8” Outer diameter of foams seems to be 7 3/4” Inside diameter of foam is about 6” I tried reaching out to Rick Cobb...
  11. moondogtn

First Pioneer Headphones? SE-1

Does anyone have any info on these? Searching yields similar headphones but not exact. I assume 1960 and were first headphones ever produced by pioneer. Pioneer SE-1 made by Fukuin Electric in Tokyo Japan. These are rough and were found in the drawer of an old console. Foam was mostly...
  12. moondogtn

Coral BX-800 question....

I grabbed these at a garage sale down the street since they looked cool and daughter is wanting a small system for her apartment. I listened to them and they don’t sound bad but don’t sound anywhere near great. I know these aren’t known for being great so I am not expecting miracles. I...
  13. moondogtn

Fisher TA-600 600 Receiver Too Far Gone?

I picked this up inside a beat up mainly filthy but nice console. I feel like it’s worth saving if possible but will be some work. I always seem to find the crustiest gear. The console was covered in owl, mouse, rat, coon, and whatever else droppings that’s may have been through this old ranch...
  14. moondogtn

Tweeter Advice

I posted a thread recently regarding some Griffin Speakers....which may or may not have been early pioneer. Here is the thread https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/griffin-sp-4d-gb-4d.918397/ Both cabs were sealed from factory but had mismatched tweeters. These were early and rare...
  15. moondogtn

Griffin SP-4D GB-4D

I picked up this pair of apparently very rare speakers and am hoping someone will have some more info. They are labeled as Griffin SP-4D Hermephonic on the back and GB-4D on the front. They have the original matching stands. Initially, one tweeter was not working so I pulled the hermetically...
  16. moondogtn

Dual 604 Anti Resonator Question

I picked up a dual 604 with the anti resonator counterweight. Later, I saw that it was sagging and research began. I’ll try to describe this clearly. The perpendicular set screw that holds counterweight to to arm is present. There are two holes in the end of the counterweight assembly itself...
  17. moondogtn

Fisher 90-R Anniversary Tuner

Howdy everyone. It’s been awhile. So, I picked up this Mono tuner with some stuff and was hoping to just go through the basic. Replace electrolytics for sure and check resistors but I am wondering about the accuracy of the schematics. I notice it says for models up to 19999 Mine is serial...
  18. moondogtn

Mystery Mono Setup 807 Williamson Clone?

How’s it going folks. I have this setup that I’m hoping to get going but have some questions. I don’t know much about this gear other than it appears homebuilt but looks solid. This setup was supposedly built by an electrical engineer. Based on looking around on the web, it appears to be similar...
  19. moondogtn

D130 question.....

So, I have an empty David Beatty console and was hoping to install some decent full range drivers in there without dropping too much money. I finally found some D130 but they have been reconed. The guy did tell me it was done in 2006 and appears to be a good job. He says they sound great and...
  20. moondogtn

Beogram 8000

I bought some gear from family members. Included is a Beogram 8000 turntable with MM20CL cartridge. It functions and sounds great. The only issue I have found is that the little aluminum door has come loose. It seems the foam tape disintegrates. No big deal. I have looked at eBay and range for...
  21. moondogtn

Old recoton needles stylii id

I’m going through a bunch of stuff and this is in there. Can someone please tell me how to ID or differentiate these? I know I have seen these before and know they aren’t high end but would still like to identify them and know where they can be used?? If anywhere. Thanks
  22. moondogtn

Big Bozaks to Kansas City, KS area from TX

A member and I and myself are trying to come up with a way to get some big Bozaks to him. Shipping has been a dealbreaker so far. A pair of B-305 and a pair of symphony. I am just south of San Antonio and he lives up near Kansas City, KS. If anyone is going that way or ???, can you let me...
  23. moondogtn

Realistic 113 Tube Tester Question Help (Precise 111 or 111M)

I picked up this Realistic 113 several months ago. It is supposedly a great tester which I plan to restore but I have a few questions. I have tested a couple of tubes just to see how it works and seems fine. I still plan to go through and deoxit and replace a few parts. Naturally the first...
  24. moondogtn

AU-G99X Problems, need some advice

I picked this up last weekend hoping for the best. I paid too much since I was told the unit was working fine. I listened to it briefly and no scratchiness in any controls. All other functions so seemed to work but then, I noticed right channel is louder than the left channel. I was going to try...
  25. moondogtn

Dual 1219 early or late version questions...

All, I recently obtained a 1219 but the owner says he misplaced the platter. He is still looking for the platter as he is moving and says he will call me if he finds it, fingers crossed. From what I understand, there were two versions. Is there any way to determine which version I have so...
Back
Top Bottom