Search results

1. ryanward84

Power amp for new to me power hungry speakers

I recently scored some LSA 2 standard speakers! 89dB sensitivity 6ohm 50-250w power recommended I currently have an Adcom gfa 535ii that puts out around 75w. Im wondering what amp or integrated that is more like 150w- 200w I could pair with them. Pretty tight budget of around $500. A bit more...
  2. ryanward84

Looking for pony express from Orange County to Utah

Hi I’m looking for someone driving from Orange County to Salt Lake City. I need a large guitar amplifier brought from Fullerton CA to anywhere in Northern Utah. Will be well compensated!
  3. ryanward84

Dobieguy is a good seller

@DOBIEGUY sent me a record promptly and well packed. Good price too. Thanks!
  4. ryanward84

Cartridge/Stylus bargains in Japan

Sort of a specific question for those living in or who have traveled to Japan recently. I will be there this September and I am wondering if there are any cartridges (like Denon, Nagaoka, etc...) that are worth picking up there that are pricier here in the USA? I will be doing some record...
  5. ryanward84

Musical Paradise MP 301 or similar 6L6 tube integrated

Is there anything out there that is comparable to the MP 301 that runs 6L6gc tubes? I'm thinking in the sub $500 price range with 5 - 15 watts per channel. Secondly, does Musical Paradise ever run sales on their gear? Thanks!
  6. ryanward84

Hirscwi is great!

I bought a Tandberg TR 2045 from @hirscwi and it came packed well and as described. Good seller indeed! -Ryan
  7. ryanward84

Jcamero is awesome

@jcamero Sold me a pair of ADS L400 speakers and packed them for the apocalypse! Double boxed and with foam cut to cover all sides. Thanks!
  8. ryanward84

Yamaha CR 1020 no sound

I picked up a CR 1020 today and so far it powers up but no relay click. I am not very handy but I want to learn to bring this a receiver back to life. Funny enough I have another CR 1020 that is my main amp and operates as it should, so that may provide some insight in the repairing of this new...
  9. ryanward84

Recommended Brooklyn/Queens Record Stores

I will be visiting a friend in Queens for a few days next week. Any great shops to check out?
  10. ryanward84

Which is the mono switch on a CR-1020?

There is a selector switch for stereo, L+R, L, R and Rev. Would like to enjoy a few mono LP's. Thanks.
  11. ryanward84

Polk SDA CRS+

Curious about these speakers. What kind of power do they like? Good for a medium sized office/listening room? How would they compare to ADS L810's?
  12. ryanward84

Can anyone identify this turntable?

13. ryanward84

Moving into a smaller listening space

My wife and I are buying a home and my listening space will be in a bedroom used as an "office". I am wondering if my ADS L810's are going to be too much speaker for this room. I don't have the exact dimensions but it is probably 10' x 16' I am willing to switch speakers for something smaller...
  14. ryanward84

LP Gear Ortofon replacement styli

Anyone out there using the LP Gear Ortofon replacement styli? I have an OM 10 but will need to replace the stylus this year. I'm looking at the LP gear version of the 10 or 20 depending on how much spending cash I have.
  15. ryanward84

Squier guitars

I'm looking for a cheap fun Fender/Squier guitar. So just for fun, what do you think?
  16. ryanward84

What cart are you using with mid-mass S shape tonearm?

Just curious what AKer's have found to be good matches. Who loves their set up?
  17. ryanward84

Good cart match for Denon DP 1200

I'm looking for a good cart to match with my Denon DP 1200 arm which has an effective mass around 15g. Price under $150.
  18. ryanward84

ADS L810 or Boston A400?

I have the ADS speakers and I like them but I have the opportunity to get some A400s. Wife won't let me keep both since we have limited space. How do they compare? Are the Bostons an upgrade? I also have A150s. But they dont have the bass of the dual 8 in on the ADS.
  19. ryanward84

Sony STR GX60ES problem

I picked this receiver up recently and after cleaning out a lot of dust and hitting the controls with deoxit I plugged it in. It plays through both channels on phono but emits a sort of buzzing sound when the speaker selector switch engages the speakers. It is not a hum like when it is not...
  20. ryanward84

Japanese Pressing Score!

My sister-in-law was in town from Sacramento for the weekend and she brought me these! All Mint! The Meddle and LZ 1 are Japanese w/o obi. The insert is from Meddle and is pretty cool. Awesome sister-in-law for sure!
  21. ryanward84

Onkyo Integra M-504 vs M-5030?

I'm looking into getting one of these power amps. They are both dual mono with the 504 having 165w and the 5030 100w. Other than that are there major differences?
  22. ryanward84

Cartridge ID

What is it? It's on a Denon DP 60L with the strait tonearm.
  23. ryanward84

Denon DP 60L

What is the going rate for a Denon DP 60L?
  24. ryanward84

Denon DP 1200 vs DP 60L

I have the DP 1200 and love it but there are two (yes two) 60L available near me. How much better is the 60L? How rare are they?
  25. ryanward84

Receivers Score

I just picked up a stack of receivers/CD players on my local classifieds for $80! Marantz 2230 Technics SA-5370 Yamaha A1 integrated Sony GX60ES A pair of Sony ES 5 disc changers All in decent shape cosmetically Technics is missing top cover though and Marantz has a couple bent knob pots...
Back
Top Bottom