Search results

1. S

how to evaluate older speakers (DCM TF-600)

L Listen to them, you will probably love them. To often we get caught up numbers, material and what others think. The first pair I ever bought had no markings on them and I was new to the old game. At an old black man's booth way in the back of a run down flea market. I ask him about them...
  2. S

A speaker and amp being musical, what is that?

I'm still trying to figure out what symmetry is?
  3. S

Hi Patrick, How have you been? I was in that stereo club with you and Steve years ago here in...

Hi Patrick, How have you been? I was in that stereo club with you and Steve years ago here in Augusta. Sounds like you have been heading in a tube direction, I hope you have made it . Nothing like tubes in the music stream.
  4. S

Altec Bolero's...how do these look?

Didn't mean to hurt your tender feelings. Why not just buy them rather than ask strangers to assess speakers for you from a picture on the internet? The Bay area says it all
  5. S

Altec Bolero's...how do these look?

It's way to easy to find nice vintage speakers within driving distance of your location.. Go listen to them and inspect them and don't be afraid to walk away. I'm a big Altec guy but have had many others, lot's of great speaker's out there.
  6. S

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nils Lofgren acoustic live
  7. S

Pee-Wee Herman Passes - RIP

I always liked peewee
  8. S

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

A few small speaker's
  9. S

High End System Listen

One of my favorite speakers.
  10. S

High End System Listen

45000.00 wood be better spent adding on a large listening room.
  11. S

I had the pleasure of listening to a true high end system, wow.

I was listening to Nils Lofgren acoustic live earlier. I have a large pair of what I call my Altec model 19's , I built them. They are currently hooked up to a vintage Macintosh 1900 being fed by a Cambridge DVD player. Room acoustic's , just a big living room with big hand built book cases full...
  12. S

The greatest testament to my system was watching a grown man that has a life time of experience and much of it in communications field, stand in front of my system and wiping tears from his eyes while listening to his favorite cd. He said he had no anyone could have a sound like that outside of...
  13. S

Gear loving comes straight from the love of music. After you find music you really love on a given system then you hear it in an even better way from another system, you realize that they go hand and hand.
  14. S

Classic High-End Gear

Macintosh 1900 preamp with dynaco st70 hooked to vintage Altec A7's. And a vintage pioneer dvd player for the cd's. I have vintage TT but like a no hassel listening experience and those old thin silver faced Sony and pioneer dvd players sound really good. I have a high-end Cambridge blue ray...
  15. S

South Carolina audio club get together.

Anybody around Augusta Georgia? I'm a vintage JBL , Altec guy.
  16. S

When does your system sound the best

I too have a big king water bed, been sleeping on it since 1979. Can't ever sleep on a regular bed again.
  17. S

We haven't had rain in a while and it's been pretty dry. Yesterday it started lightly raining and has been off and on steady thru the night, plenty of moisture in the air now, all stereos are sounding great again. Maybe it's as simple as the amount of moisture in the air? It might just effect my...
  18. S

Started selling off my gear.

I'm selling a very nice pair of 604E's Altec's this weekend. I believe I may regret that, but I have never used them and the cash would be nice. I still have plenty of Altec's just not the holy grail after Sunday.
  19. S

Pioneer SX-828: Replacing Main Amp Board

How much are sx828's going for now? Sounds like you could buy a complete amp for 900 bucks.
  20. S

Yes, I agree with the calmness late at night and absolutely on cleaner power late at night. But what I notice is a random period of time sometimes days long. Time of day or night does not change it. I live outside of town with a dependable power supply and I'm always in a good mood until this...
  21. S

I've noticed for a long time my Stereo's sound best late at night. And sometimes they drive me crazy how bad they can sound all at the same time. Nothing about them has changed, what are your thoughts ? Has anyone else experienced this from time to time?
  22. S

anyone using Pellet stove in same room as audio equipment ?

Down here they run the pipes in the attic now. They use to run them under the slab but now they use pex pipe for the water, it is way more forgiving to the lower temperatures. But it rarely gets below freezing long enough to case any issues.
  23. S

I can't speak about what's better in other places, but in Georgia I like a slab. When we built our new house back in 2010 I had a room built for both heating units and the return filters are in the walls. No ladder needed to change filters or check the units. It's a one store wheel chair...
  24. S

I heated my house with my two wood stoves for two years and they did a really good job. It has a lot of that modern wood flooring on top of a concrete slab , man this house can feel like an ice box in the winter. But It stays cool in the summer. Nothing beats the feel of wood heat. My heating...
  25. S

I will be needing speakers for an early solid state system. Thoughts?

I have been told by one guy that owned a pair that they are power hungry. I was selling a McIntosh 2505 amp and he brought his with him to test the amp. After hearing them and selling the amp to him I jumped on ebay and bought some. I run them with a dynaco st70. They sound really nice and...
Back
Top Bottom