Search results

1. Jammin Floyd

*Budget System for my Father-In-Law's Birthday (Help Please)

Hello! My Mother-In-Law decided to finally get my Father-In-Law hooked up with an audio system so that he could play his old vinyl collection and asked for my help. He has an old Technics SL-J33 turntable he's attached to so I'm building the system around that. She only wanted to spend...
  2. Jammin Floyd

Any Suggestions for an Entry Level Disc Player? What About the Oppo BDP-83?

Hello! I'm a vinyl guy. My whole music collection is on vinyl. Recently I've been considering broadening my horizons and allowing myself a little more versatility in the form of a disc player. I want something that will play any form of audiophile CD as well as Blu Ray. I hate to see a good CD...
  3. Jammin Floyd

What do you guys use for quick and regular stylus/vinyl cleaning?

Personally, I use an Onzow Zerodust for my stylus and and a Hunt EDA Mark 6 carbon fiber brush for my records. I use both every time for each side of a record before playing. I'm interested to know what everyone else uses, and how often.
  4. Jammin Floyd

Adding a Sub to My Stereo System (need some input, pun intended)

Hello all! I'm back again seeking only to take advice/knowledge and not to give, as I have little to offer. The people here have always been so generous though with their time and wisdom. This forum has been a great asset for me. I'm typing all this from a phone so I am going to try to be as...
  5. Jammin Floyd

My Marantz Isn't Hanging With My KEF Q300's :(

Hello again, I'm back for more help. Before I go on, I will readily admit that I am VERY ignorant about a lot of this stuff. I love music, and I love to listen to it right, and I'm trying to learn as I go. I've been breaking in a new set of KEF Q300's, a new Marantz PM5005 Integrated...
  6. Jammin Floyd

••Adding a Sub to My Stereo System (Need Some Advice)••

Hello again! Thanks to this forum I just recently purchased a pair of KEF Q300's (they're wonderful and I couldn't be happier with them) to go with my Marantz PM5005 and my Pro-Ject Audio Debut Carbon Esprit with 2M Blue stylus. Side note about the 2M Blue stylus: I must right a wrong and own...
  7. Jammin Floyd

KEF Q300's to go with my Marantz PM5005

I'm very excited. I've finally drummed up the funds for a set of bookshelf speakers. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of KEF Q300's (haven't decided on the color yet) from KEF Direct through Amazon. I will also be ordering an Ortofon 2M Blue stylus on the same order to replace my...
  8. Jammin Floyd

Connecting a Subwoofer to Marantz PM5005 (Help Please)

I just purchased a Marantz PM5005 to replace my old Pioneer VSX-4800. I couldn't be more pleased with the way this amp has improved the sound of my system. Seriously. I'm playing my records on my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable with the Acryl-It platter. Very soon I will be replacing my old...
  9. Jammin Floyd

Bookshelf Speakers $250-$500, Help Please!

Hello all, I'm new here and have posted once before on AK in reference to a vintage Pioneer receiver. I never pulled the trigger on it, and instead I just recently purchased a Marantz PM5005. I don't have the knowledge base or the patience to get myself a good deal on a vintage, turn-key...
  10. Jammin Floyd

Looking @ a re-serviced SX-1050. Decent price??

Hello! I'm 25 and I've been using my dad's old Pioneer VSX-4800 to jam my vinyl collection for awhile now, but it's starting to go out on me. I've been looking to upgrade my sound for awhile anyway, and now I have a good excuse. I want something that's going to last, and I know these old...
Back
Top Bottom