1. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thanks mate!
  2. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thanks guys!
  3. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes everyone! Peace, good music and much love to you all!
  4. Eastham

The Pioneer PL-300 a very underrated turntable

Fantastic work! May it bring you many years of enjoyment.
  5. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thanks Avionic. :bigok:
  6. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes guys!!! :beerchug:
  7. Eastham

Wharfedale Triton 3's

Most call them Wharfdale purple dome tweeters, they're pretty rare and hard to find sadly. The woofer is a little easier, I think it's the same 8" woofer used in the Linton's if that helps. I miss these speakers, I wish I'd have kept them.
  8. Eastham

Nad 3140 Clean up and repair.

No problem, best of luck with the resto!
  9. Eastham

Nad 3140 Clean up and repair.

Hi, the B stated on the parts specifies the type of resistance curve, B means linear, as far as I know all trimmers are linear the K means x1000 so 1k is 1000 so you're looking for timmers in these values. 1K ohm 500 ohm 200k ohm Hope this helps!
  10. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thank's guys! :biggrin:
  11. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thanks mate. :)
  12. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes guys! :beerchug:
  13. Eastham

Trio S-120 / Kenwood KL-50A

Yup, that it is and I still have that receiver, though sadly the speakers are now gone, this post is a blast from the past for me, almost 4 years ago already.
  14. Eastham

Fixin' up a Yamaha CDX-810

I don't have this CD player anymore but if you need help setting up the tracking gain and focus gain a way to get them close enough it to turn them up until you can just hear a faint squealing and hissing noise from the laser.
  15. Eastham

Can a new TV listen in on me? Can it even see me?

And that's perfectly fine. I just hate seeing so many people scared to use modern tech because of fear mongering. I fell victim to it myself before I became more technologically inclined. Now I own a Amazon Echo Dot and I love it, I have it hooked upto my Sherwood for streaming music.
  16. Eastham

Can a new TV listen in on me? Can it even see me?

Man you guy's are really getting into some tinfoil hat theory crap. Suppose TV's, Phones, Alexa devices, etc. Are listening to you, what makes you so important that someone is going to listen to the aspects of your life for hours on end? Most devices that do do this are listening for keywords...
  17. Eastham

Cartridge surgery...

Thanks Dave, those tiny wires were a pain to solder.
  18. Eastham

Cartridge surgery...

Exactly, risked it for the biscuit and I got the biscuit! Nope, slapped it on my head shell and aligned it with an arc protractor, the cartridge body slotted back together pretty snugly, I just glued it as a precaution. I imagine some higher end carts might be a lot more complex than this one...
  19. Eastham

Cartridge surgery...

Indeed I'm surprised it worked, soldering those tiny fragile wires was almost impossible.
  20. Eastham

Cartridge surgery...

I just used some regular non corrosive glue, the stuff I used was UHU. I didn't know that, I'm not sure what the original coil was since both sides where completely open but it would seem that mine is the 350 ohm variant, looks like I'll need to find another cartridge. Definitely, even with...
  21. Eastham

Cartridge surgery...

I'd never heard about ADC cartridges until I found this one attached to some junk old BSR, I bought a NOS Digital Series 1 stylus for it and quickly found out the cartridge was kaput, so I bought a replacement RSQ 32 cart and much to my frustration I found that it was a proprietary slide on...
  22. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thanks guys! :D
  23. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Better late than never ;) Thanks, dude!
  24. Eastham

Happy Birthday Eastham!

Thank you Pio. Live long and prosper.
  25. Eastham

Have you guys ever blew any capacitors or transistors?

I was making a small linear power supply for a DAC and didn't realize I'd put my smoothing cap across the rectifier backwards, I turned it on and was pretty pleased with myself seeing 5v on my output until a loud bang made me jump across the room. Cap guts and smoke everywhere...
Back
Top Bottom