Search results

1. S

Vintage Peerless blue cone woofers

With my dq-10s I received the owners passive subs which he had used as stands 2x10" peerless in each cabinet Are these SLS? Same specs as modern SLS? 8" version used in Mirage sm-1 Cant find anything vintage using the larger blue 10" and 12" woofers..anything? SLS subwoofer builds found...
  2. S

My most modern speakers and new to me csl.5

So in successive months I barely missed out on two inexpensive mtm designs through craigslist EROS Mkll a high value type tower DIY build And Hanson Zelberberg standmount Monitors Either would have been great. But one day while browsing these popped up and the listing was weeks old already...
  3. S

Dq-10 time alignment

So due to space constraints I have these squares atop Timewindows used as stands I listen standing up. No other way around it. Just recently instead of the grill resting on the top plate necessitating a 2" block under the bass cabinet to sit level Ive now overhung the grill slightly This...
  4. S

Craigslist and buyer order

Something I've been curious about here How often do you -feel- sellers upon first dive into emails consider the NEWEST reply to their listing "first in line" Ive been 2nd SO many times and many of those times I got in right when the listing appeared Under 30min. Or the times an ad has been...
  5. S

Tube stuff at auction..thoughts?

I have no tube gear. Never heard any for all I know So certainly nothing extensively These pieces are up for auction today Fisher 50b? Tuner Fisher kx200? Amp Looks to have all tubes and ok enough condition A Magnavox? amp i havent found in image search but 6bq5 with extra unknown tubes...
  6. S

Eurostat

One mention here By name only Only other mention ive found thus far is maybe not that oddly Here http://rochesterhighendaudio.blogspot.com/2013/06/?m=1 Maybe this is the 9th listing https://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/d/unique-floor-standing/6731004924.html Im not interested but they LOOK...
  7. S

Rochester, ny area craigslist smattering

Smattering or a Slew Not quite sure Lady has listed these items for her significant other audio collector who suffered a stroke and is now needing to sell it off Needs some help with identification and value estimations Figured id link it and see if the people here can be of any help. Shes not...
  8. S

Nothingburger What Is It?

I cant identify this piece. I think i recall seeing similar somewhere but cant recreate the search Just bugging me
  9. S

Dayton Wright SPS mklll preamp

Just lucked into one of these for $20. Cleaned it up and sounds great. New to separates having only a nikko alpha ll beta ll gamma v to compare against I do at least believe it much better than the beta ll. Beta ll being generally regarded as just decent or average sounding for a pre The beta...
  10. S

Altec Valencia? Diy Valencia? WNY

https://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/d/large-altec-lansing-speakers/6533775035.html Right near to me but really have no interest Seems like a good price
  11. S

Nikko Rack assortment

Day after christmas found a Mister Disc in a thrift store for $50 Actually passed and went home 30 miles away Then changed my mind and turned back 40 minutes later not only do i get the "sound burger" but in taking it back through the store to test it out i find two nos shure sm-11 lapel omni...
  12. S

Radian Research by Becker

Stopped into a local consignment for the first time and they had a pair of these for $40, I believe. 3 way 12" 4" cone 1" Dome with tight mesh protective grille Aligned vertically and centrally on piano black baffle with thick aluminum beauty rings around drivers With two contour pots behind...
  13. S

Denon pma1080r and dq10 speakers

Ever try such a combo? Power hungry speakers of any kind with such an amp? Its a high current nelson pass AB pseudo type A The various stasis amps are highly regarded The type A amps obviously But this one is here now. Its a highly thought of amp But good enough? 105 tested 130w
  14. S

Denonpma optical A compared with stasis amp

I have dq-10 and word is you need high current and watts. Im powering em with a denon avr 105watts right now. I think its ok. The denon pma1080r is conservatively rated at the same but tests around 130w while the avr ive read is pretty accurate at 105 Its a psuedo type A amp You guys are...
  15. S

Lame speaker identification

Just a picture and a guess I think its Lafayette Whatchu think? I think i see an upper left void so maybe the 12" and two upper drivers Just wondering about the badge, though Cant see em till wednesday Could be a single but never really know
  16. S

First Foray. Dead channel

Soto i picked up a tapco EV cp500 for $10 One side sounds good the other nothing. Only static when fumbling with speaker wires into that sides speaker All cleaned up with deoxit Dc offset dead channel 22mv Working side fluctuates 13-18mv Obviously worked on before Circuit board shows...
  17. S

WNY/Buffalo thrift stressease chair

Took an early run out to a couple thrifts and went first to a salvation I normally pass As Is on Military As i pulled in what was in the display windows? A 9/10 Fjords Mustang in off white/cream with footstool Footstool has minor grunge thatll probably clean off to new No price Had just come...
  18. S

Are these DCM

Havent been checking craigslist lately but was bored waiting for glue to dry and these popped up. Look like tw7 meets surroundscape or tf-v series But the tops have 5 sides, it looks Description says two 7" each tower Would make sense. One each angled baffle Or some knockoff? Cant find...
  19. S

Simply speakers replacement surrounds

So these were purchased for Avid 330 In the description they give dimensions and i check against the avid woofers I check every other replacement available that i can for the best fit Simply speakers won out but i had reservations They were one of 2 listing as actual 330 surrounds Their foam is...
  20. S

Avid 330 scroe

Free These were avids totl in 1980 3-way 12" felted woofer 2" dome Waveguided mid and tweeter Protection circuitry no fuses Grilles with precise cutouts for drivers for diffraction control Solid as sh 60lbs each 8ohm 88dB 35-20kh Sitting in an unheated garage Foam rot Woofers good Tweeters...
  21. S

Dahlquist to DCM

I have tf600, twindow original second version Also have BA A200 Timewindows are more open and image better than tf600 but 600 have more bass Tw are better. Both are good. Dahlquist dq-10 were inspirations for the dcm sound How close are they? Is it the same 1/3 step up from tf to tw or...
  22. S

Strange Ones identification

Just saw these Dont know what they are Dont appear to be anything special at all Just curious
  23. S

DCM TimeWindow cabinet design etcD

Having a TimeFrame 600 set I like very much but hearing how some prefer the 700 and 500 earlier series models with vifa tweeter etc ive been keepibg a watch Up came some TWs. Second series originals. Won them for $85 Consecutive SN 45k which seems to put them right on the verge of the 1a...
  24. S

Altec flamenco, mac receiver etc roch, ny

https://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5734626830.html Just checked after a ride in the rain and these were freshly listed No idea if good deal or not. Not personally interested
  25. S

Big heathkits in syracuse ny

Not too bad if best offer brings it down to $200 https://rochester.craigslist.org/eld/5682439634.html
Back
Top Bottom