Search results

1. xrayspex77

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

I'll try to write a Review at some point. I was a little worried because none of the Reviews seemed to Rave about it but one said at the end "but I could listen to it all day". Until I got the Fisher 500B serviced it had been on 8-12 hours a day. Now they share duties depending on my mood. It...
  2. xrayspex77

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

The Leak Stereo 130 & 230 have Tone Controls. They can't be controlled by the Remote but can be bypassed. I have them set to mimic "Loudness" for low level listening and then go Direct when it gets louder.
  3. xrayspex77

Why won't my iPod play through my DAC?

With my iPod 30GB and Camera Connector I couldn't get it to work with USB on my MyDac. I also tried a Dragonfly Red and it didn't light up at all. It may need more power than the iPod can supply which is why it works with a Dock. I had a Monster thing (with a Dac) in my car that worked but it...
  4. xrayspex77

Why won't my iPod play through my DAC?

I would guess that you have too many adapters between the iPod and DAC, and that the iPod Camera Connector would work. My iPod is completely drained but I will test it once it's charged
  5. xrayspex77

So who's syncing DSOM to the Eclipse?

I did get a brief glimpse when the moon was about 20% of the way across the sun but then the clouds thickened. Hard to tell if I got my timing wrong but it did get seriously dark
  6. xrayspex77

So who's syncing DSOM to the Eclipse?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/heres-how-to-sync-up-pink-floyds-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-with-the-us-solar-eclipse-3614883 I will probably give it a shot although it's supposed to be cloudy here
  7. xrayspex77

Sanyo speaker replacement foam

If you do a search you should be able to find someone in the UK or you can try this guy in the NL https://www.repairyourspeakers.com/en/ He tried really hard to help me when I was looking for surrounds for my DM6's (odd unobtanium size)
  8. xrayspex77

Kenwood KD 5070 Auto Return Cam lube

"Photo" was of the Service Manual. Looking at in daylight, it appears to be sticking in the return mechanism. It's more of an annoyance right now, so opening it up is on the back burner.
  9. xrayspex77

Kenwood KD 5070 Auto Return Cam lube

The Auto Return Cam (see photo) on my KD 5070 has started to stick. There's no reference for lubing this part in the Service Manual. Wondering if I should use oil or grease or ?
  10. xrayspex77

Source for Vintage "Silent Home-Movie" Music?

While still a grey area, if you're not posting to social media you can probably use your own music rather than pay for Royalty Free. After my Dad passed I made a compilation DVD of family photos and videos using music he liked. Made copies for Family/Friends and no one has come after me yet.
  11. xrayspex77

What was the last movie you watched?

"I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin My irritability keeps me alive and kicking " reminds me that I have to rewatch 24 Hour Party People before it leaves The Criterion Channel at the end of the month. Howard makes a Cameo as himself if you haven't seen it.
  12. xrayspex77

Vintage film cameras

Here's an interesting Youtube vid from a guy who tracks down the type of Camera & Lens Jimmy Stewart use in Rear Window
  13. xrayspex77

Turntable help.

Looks like it has a builtin Phono Preamp. Is the switch on the back set to Phono or Line? If it's on Line and plugged in to Phono it would overdrive the Phono input
  14. xrayspex77

Fisher 500B FM Stereo drops out after 20 Minutes

The Penny has dropped I'll see if there's anyone local and start saving my nickels (we don't use pennies anymore). Potential lethal voltage is why I paid to have the other updates done. I have Cousins in Ottawa so I might ask Leestereo Thanks to you, Gadget and Dave. I am beginning to...
  15. xrayspex77

With a 12AX7 in V100 I get FM Stereo again but the L Channel is much weaker than the R until the Volume drops again after 10 mins. With the 12AX7 in V102 FM Stereo worked, was even on both Channels and sounded the best I have heard for the (sigh) 8 mins until it dropped again. The Service bill...
  16. xrayspex77

I have tried wiggling the 6AU6's, 12AX7 & 12AT7's The questionable AT7 used to glow but doesn’t now. After being on for 10 mins the tube is cold to the touch, this happens in both V100 & V102. I am getting 6.3 VAC on pins 4 + 9 on V100 & V102 With the ?AT7 in V101 there no Stereo, just static...
  17. xrayspex77

In both FM Stereo and Mono it's like flipping a switch when it goes out. In FM Mono the Eye does not show signal strength. If I tap on the chassis between the MPX and the IF the Eye and Sound will frequently come back but goes out again after 5mins or so. To complicate matters, it looks like 1...
  18. xrayspex77

My Xmas present to myself was finally getting someone to update my 500B. Can caps were replaced with Hayseed Hamfest, Vol. Pot was replaced and selenium rectifier was replaced with SS. I’ve mainly been streaming and using Phono which both sound great! I don’t know if this issue was there...
  19. xrayspex77

Luxman L-480 Overheating Help

When I needed them it was during the Covid Parts Shortage and those KEMET's were the only ones in Stock that fit. It's good that there's more choice now.
  20. xrayspex77

I only went with the other ones cause they were cheaper :)
  21. xrayspex77

Went through the same thing a couple of years ago. I used these KEMET, they're rated for 13,000 hours @85C https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/kemet/ALC70A103CF063/9742528
  22. xrayspex77

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

32 Years of Sobriety today still the only truly smart thing I've ever done
  23. xrayspex77

DAC/receiver - Bluetooth aptX plus WiFi

As I read the OP’s original post, he has 2 MacBook Pro’s, one of which is hooked to his Stereo for Spotify. If all he wants to do is improve the sound and he’s OK with his current setup then adding an external DAC is all he needs. If he also wants Bluetooth and/or WiFi/Airplay then a Streamer...
  24. xrayspex77

Portraits/People

25. xrayspex77

Portraits/People

A friend of mine's Bluegrass Band. The theme was 1920's Mug Shots
Back
Top Bottom