Search results

1. evoroadster

Belle's or Cornwalls?

A set of Klipsch Belles have popped up on Craigslist for $1600. Should I go for these or buy a new set of Cornwalls? I currently have a Crites modified set of Heresy and Forte II speakers.
  2. evoroadster

My $963.30 gecko

This is the reason our AC stopped working a few days ago.
  3. evoroadster

Early Fathers Day Present

This came today:
  4. evoroadster

Replacement cables for TT

My Technics SL-1500 TT started dropping the right channel. The fault is at the phono plug end so I ordered a set of Hosa TT hookup cables with the idea of cutting one end to solder into place. Instead I decided to cut the old cables leaving enough length to connect to a pair of panel mount...
  5. evoroadster

Musichal's S70-Custom

Here is Musichal's amp at its new home. The amp arrived in about 5 days in perfect condition. I can probably thank Hal's wife Christine for that. The packing job was phenomenal. Unfortunately, at initial turn-on an output tube melted the cathode bias resistor and its corresponding test...
  6. evoroadster

USPS strikes again...Amazon to the rescue!

Yesterday, in spite of my having a sign at the gate asking that packages be left out side the yard, USPS tossed my Amazon order of 3 CDs and 2 vinyl records over the wall. My dog then spent the rest of the day totally shredding everything! I tried to contact USPS by phone but that quickly...
  7. evoroadster

Which TT to choose?

Refurbished Dual 701 w/Shure V15 Type III and dust cover for $890 or an Orbit Special with Ortofon 2M red for $459?
  8. evoroadster

C41 new to me

A C41 was delivered to me today and I am surprised at how much bigger it is than my MC2125 amp. I am going to have to find another MC2125 to balance the C41 out!
  9. evoroadster

La Scala on Oahu

There are a set of La Scala speakers (1990 born on date) for sale by original owner. He describes them as being an 8 out of 10 for condition and is asking $2500 OBO. I am tempted since being on an island in the Pacific there aren't many choices for acquiring big heavy objects without paying a...
  10. evoroadster

MC-2105 value

Local Craigslist has a MC-2105 they are asking 900 for. It has a cracked faceplate and is missing the fuse holder??? Probably needs a complete going over. What would be a fair price to offer?
  11. evoroadster

MC-2105 value

Local Craigslist has a MC-2105 they are asking 900 for. It has a cracked faceplate and is missing the fuse holder??? Probably needs a complete going over. What would be a fair price to offer?
  12. evoroadster

Denver Art Museum find

I know, the topic heading kinda throws you to find it here but last week we were in Denver and the Museum Store had this for sale for $350.
  13. evoroadster

SL-1500 Craigslist score

I scored a pristine Technics SL-1500 for $75 off Craigslist from the units original owner. He has had it stored in shrink-wrap for the last 20 years or so. Got it home, oiled the motor and just for S&Gs tried a record. It sounded terrible. The unit had the original cart and needle so I went...
  14. evoroadster

Forte II

I picked up a set of absolutely perfect Forte IIs this afternoon. They came from the original owner and are unmolested. I currently have them setup on a Carver1650 being fed by Tidal through a Schiit Modi2. What a gorgeous sounding set of speakers. The Heresy IIs will be moved to the spare...
  15. evoroadster

SA-8100 alignment procedure

I recently picked up a SA-8100. It needs all switches cleaned and I want to check if the idle current and neutral potential are correct. The service manual calls for a 4.7K resistor to terminate the input terminals of the power amp unit with no output load. What is the recommended way to do...
  16. evoroadster

Dynaco SCA-35

I picked up a SCA-35 chassis which had the transformers, tubes, faceplate and power cord removed. I am rebuilding it with upgraded boards etc. My question is: should I stick with the 2 prong power plug or upgrade it to a 3 prong so I have an earth ground without having to rely on the neutral...
  17. evoroadster

Vinyl

From the Forbes website: "Once left for dead, vinyl continues its unlikely recovery, with album sales up 38.4% to 5.6 million year-over-year. There’s now one LP sold for every 10 CDs, with the latter slipping another 10% to 56.6 million units on the year. The top selling vinyl album of the...
  18. evoroadster

Aloha

Aloha from the isle of Oahu. I have been lurking for a few weeks and just want to finally say hello to everyone. Music has always been a part of my life. I can remember being 8 years old and my mother giving me a dollar to go down to the Sam Goody store to buy her the #1 45rpm record for that...
Back
Top Bottom