Search results

1. CPC748

Xiang Sheng 728A Mods

Sorry I have not been very active, they are .47uf
  2. CPC748

Xiang Sheng 728A Mods

Sorry I have not been very active, I will find out and let you know in a few days
  3. CPC748

Xiang Sheng 728A Mods

Yes, he does. The next project to this pre will be replacing all the other caps to Nichicon caps. I like to tinker and the parts are cheap enough I don't mind.
  4. CPC748

Xiang Sheng 728A Mods

Forgot to upload the photo. I agree about the gain with the contour control.
  5. CPC748

Xiang Sheng 728A Mods

I know there are previous posting about this pre but I just want to share my experience. I have this preamp for 5 months, 2 weeks ago I've done some mods to it. I've replaced the tubes to EH gold pins. All of the Wima capacitors were replaced by Audyn caps that has been cryogenically treated...
  6. CPC748

Hello from Massachusetts

I've done a few posting without saying hello so I want to say Hello from Massachusetts.
  7. CPC748

Hey, all you Bikers...Guess what??

I don't ride on the street just track day only. How is this possible?
  8. CPC748

designer cables

I do have a cryogenic freezer that I use from time to time to cryo treat brake rotors. Each time I run it cost me $400.00 You have to weight the object that will calculate how much nitrogen it needs. This is all computerize, the freezer will feed the nitrogen and the temp will go down at 1...
  9. CPC748

designer cables

I have been experimenting with cables making my own with cryogenic treatment, mulit-stand cable and solid core individually insulated cable. I cryo treat the cables, connectors and using 4% silver solder. I can tell you that good quality cable does work and will improve the sound. I've tried...
  10. CPC748

What's your latest audio purchase?

I've bought 2 Xiang Sheng 01A Dac. I'm planning on doing some mods for the price can't beat it $140.00 each shipped.
  11. CPC748

XiangSheng 728A. What gives?

The 728A is a great pre for the price. I have it for about 5 months I've recently did some modification replaced all of the audio path capacitors to Audyn caps and the output wires. Now it sounds even better I absolutely love this pre.
  12. CPC748

XiangSheng 728A Pre

I'm new to this forum. For the price it's a very nice preamp I have it for about 5 months now I like it over my Parasound P5. I like to tinker I've replaced the 4 tubes except for 6z4 tubes which I can't find replacement. I've replaced all of the capacitors with Audyn caps and the out...
Back
Top Bottom