Search results

1. psychoaudio

HK 430 speaker terminal options

Hello Folks. My HK 430 speaker terminal needs a little help. Is there a better solution or replacement perhaps? Thanks Thanks
  2. psychoaudio

Black paint: what is a "correct" match for 1960s McIntosh products

I redid the outer glass of the MX110Z on gloss black vinyl . No more flaking
  3. psychoaudio

Dynaco Pas 2 pre-purchase help please

Seller reads 12N5 on the tube in that position. There’s no such thing. :)
  4. psychoaudio

Thanks guys. Now I’m curious what this tube is as there is no equivalent for the 12X4. Should be where it’s circled correct ? Thanks again @gadget73 and @zackthedog
  5. psychoaudio

Seller says pre was serviced and works fine but doesn’t have any paperwork. Can someone verify health wise looking at the pics ? Thanks
  6. psychoaudio

Best way to test carts without a table ?

I have the following carts that I’d like to test but no longer have a table. Any suggestion where to send them or maybe someone in the Bay Area (NorCal) can assist . Thank you GRADO MF1 and F-1 Audio Technica AT160ML Denon DL 301 MK1 Shure M91ED Shure V15 Type III
  7. psychoaudio

RIP Terry DeWick

Imagine Terrys wealth of advice, tips, and expertise is permanently stored within the threads, ensuring enduring accessibility and relevance. Amazing stuff. Thanks Again Terry !
  8. psychoaudio

RIP Terry DeWick

Indeed, his humility and gentlemanly demeanor must have left a positive impact on those around him. His passing is undoubtedly a loss to the audio community.
  9. psychoaudio

RIP Terry DeWick

In memory of the McIntosh audio tech, whose skill and dedication breathed life into sound systems, craftsmanship resonates in every note played. Your legacy echoes in the harmony of countless melodies. Rest In Peace Terry.!
  10. psychoaudio

McIntosh 1900 Volume Control / On-Off Switch Replacement

Has anyone tried Mark Opat? He’s got all kinds of old , vintage pots and switches. Worth a shot. https://oldradioparts.net/contact_me.html
  11. psychoaudio

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

Indeed. @cwh did a great job. You can’t even tell it’s been repaired . Glad your case is all fixed @catama .
  12. psychoaudio

MC2255 Meter Repair

Hi @Corktowner . Any updates on this one? Thank you
  13. psychoaudio

MAC 4100 solid walnut wood case done

Yup. I agree. So far so good
  14. psychoaudio

"Loose" McIntosh black rocker switches: can these be tightened or retensioned?

I have plenty of the pemko 480 foam tape left. PM me if you need any.
  15. psychoaudio

Mesa Boogie 6L6GC tubes any good for audio amplifiers

@gadget73. Upon closer examination; I think you’re right. they are 6n3c not 6L6GC tubes.
  16. psychoaudio

*Update* . I plugged a quad in for a few seconds, heard some minor popping noise coming out of left channel speaker and turned the power off immediately . :( Nope. Not going to risk it
  17. psychoaudio

McIntosh 4100 Main Filter Cap Issue & Warning

Thought I’d post this parts list I found compiled by @eedork
  18. psychoaudio

More pics . All tested 100% using Sencore TC28
  19. psychoaudio

How many power amps is too many?

“How many power amps is too many?” When you’re unable to keep it in rotation.
  20. psychoaudio

MC240 Power tube glow

Have you tried 6P3SEs?
  21. psychoaudio

MC240 Power tube glow

Maybe @twiiii meant original KT66
  22. psychoaudio

MC240 Power tube glow

IIRC. matching of tubes is not necessary in the MC 240 due to the high quality of its transformer design
  23. psychoaudio

Those look like United Chemi con caps. Direct drop ins ?
  24. psychoaudio

3rd time a charm ?
Back
Top Bottom