Search results

1. carewser

Do you consider resale value when purchasing new or used speakers?

The question isn't about CD's and LP's, the question is about speakers
  2. carewser

Bose 901 II Frequency Response

I'm resurrecting this thread because i've been fascinated by 901's since I first encountered them over 40 years ago as a teenager. Back then I considered them really high end speakers :rflmao: although in my teen tax bracket they were pretty pricey. The one thing i've never been able to find...
  3. carewser

Friendly speaker debate- old vs new

These were my first speakers ~40 years ago and to say they sounded "meh" was giving them the benefit of the doubt. In spite of solid cabinets and and a 8" woofer I don't think they went much below ~70hz and for a basshead like me that was disappointing although i'm sure my parents didn't pay a...
  4. carewser

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Def Leppard's greatest hits on Youtube through a pair of Kanto Tuk's and a Martin Logan Dynamo 500 sub
  5. carewser

Do you consider resale value when purchasing new or used speakers?

yes I recently got such a great deal on a pair of Castle Knights and a Martin Logan Dynamo 500 sub I bought them for the purpose of flipping them I just haven't done it yet
  6. carewser

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

most bose speakers have impressed me between the little wave music system to the companion 2 computer speakers to the little soundlink speaker, I don't know if they're worth what bose charges but they sound good to me, very small systems, astoundingly deep bass
  7. carewser

List your Klipsch speakers

As an extremely poor audiophile all I own are the Klipsch ProMedia's which some people don't think even qualify as Klipsch speakers but I know another guy that felt the same way about the Klipschorns, he loved them so much I'm surprised he didn't try and trade one of his kids for a pair...
  8. carewser

Logitech z623 vs z533

Good call, $140 for a used Z-2300 is ridiculous, as good as they are. I got a used set a few years ago in mint condition for $55 Canadian.
  9. carewser

Technics SB-G500 Speaker Breakdown:

I'd love to compare the sound of these to a pair of Klipschorns because on paper the Technics, with the exception of efficiency, trump the K-horns.
  10. carewser

List your Klipsch speakers

All i've got are the Promedias. Someone a while ago asked if they belong in this thread and I can't imagine why they wouldn't since they're Klipsch speakers. Computer speakers are still speakers.
  11. carewser

Klipsch Options

Ooops Sorry. It helps if i read the original post. :oops:
  12. carewser

Technics SB-G500 Speaker Breakdown:

My guess is that when they design speakers they don't think people will buy something the size of a wall.
  13. carewser

What was the last movie you watched?

^Looks interesting
  14. carewser

What was the last movie you watched?

This was a documentary about the Golden Gate bridge and those that have used it to end their lives. :banana:
  15. carewser

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

The room is L-shaped, it's 170sq/ft and the ceiling is about 6 and a half feet high so can anyone find anything wrong with the acoustics in my one listening room? Just the acoustics, not the equipment.
  16. carewser

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Since I was just in the "Best car song...." thread I was listening to "Low Rider" by War and I don't mean to brag but I was listening to it on YouTube through my Logitech computer speakers. By the way, Dr. Fuse, i'm in Victoria too
  17. carewser

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

"Low Rider" by War Runner Up - "Red Barchetta" by Rush
  18. carewser

Best Computer Speakers

I moved my subs to both sides of my computer table, for some reason they sound better there.
  19. carewser

Best Computer Speakers

I've heard really good things about Audioengine speakers but can you match them up with a sub?
  20. carewser

Best Computer Speakers

Yeah, i'm hardly an audiophile, i only have two sets of computer speakers and almost all i listen to is rock music, still, how many people have a THX-certified 800 watt (peak power) sound system with dual subs for their laptop?
  21. carewser

Best Computer Speakers

I bought a cheap pair of Logitech 2.1 computer speakers a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded. While they didn't play very loud, i was actually able to get a bit of bass out of them which i was happy with for $40. When they died i decided to upgrade, sticking with...
  22. carewser

Air Guns

The only Crosman I have seems to be the only Crosman you don't have, the Vigilante .357
Back
Top Bottom