Search results

1. D

Schiit Modi 2 or something else?

Hey guys. I wanted to get the schiit modi 2 uber for my stereo setup. Please let me know your opinions on it and other suggestions. I would like to keep the budget under 200$. My setup consists of: Rotel RC 1090 Rotel RB 1080 VANDERSTEEN 2Ci I have been listening to lossless files which I...
  2. D

Schiit modi 2 uber

Hey guys. I wanted to get the schiit modi 2 uber for my stereo setup. Please let me know your opinions on it and other suggestions. I would like to keep the budget under 200$. My setup consists of: Rotel RC 1090 Rotel RB 1080 VANDERSTEEN 2Ci I have been listening to lossless files...
  3. D

trying to build a decent system via craigslist

recently upgraded my equipment from my findings on craigslist. ROTEL RCD 991 AE ROTEL RB 1080 ROTEL RC 1090 SYSTEMDEK IIX TECHNICS SL-D202 VANDERSTEEN 2ci NAD 4020A Harmonic technology power cable and RCA cable Taralabs Helix 8 speaker wire any way to improve this system? i like the way it...
  4. D

XLR vs RCA

Currently I have harmonic tech entry level rca cables hooked up. Do you think the mogami would be a downgrade or a lateral move?
  5. D

XLR vs RCA

The cables are about the same price. Only drawback would be if I upgraded again the new units may not have the XLR inputs.
  6. D

XLR vs RCA

You guys are awesome. Lots of info. I thought I checked this thread and didn't see an update but I guess I was wrong. My equipment: Rotel RCD 991 AE Rotel RC 1090 Rotel RB 1080
  7. D

XLR vs RCA

Hey guys. I have the option to run XLR cables from my CD player to my preamp to my amp. Do you guys think I would get a significant sound difference from my current rca setup? If yes what is a good value XLR cable? I would need 4 cables at 1 foot long. 2 feet max. Thanks in advance.
  8. D

Multiple turntables on 1 phono input device.

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I may just pick up a really inexpensive stand alone preamp to use with my mm cartridge and use my existing preamp with mc cartridges. I felt this was a not so bright question but you guys really helped me out no matter what I ask. This is a great community.
  9. D

Multiple turntables on 1 phono input device.

Hey guys. This may be a stupid question but how can I hook up multiple turntables into my system with only 1 phono input? Do I have to buy an external phono preamp? Can I plug my turntable in my aux input and ground it to the existing phono section? I didn't want to try in case I blew something...
  10. D

Anybody using gear 30+ years old that hasn't been restored?

I'm using a pioneer sx-1050. Jvc r-s77. Technics sl-d202, all working perfectly.
  11. D

Please recommend a 200w amplifier to me

Thanks for all the help guys. Decided on the rotel rb 1080. Found it some what locally for a great price which I could not pass up. Now I'm looking for a set of XLR cables to go with them since all my components have that option.
  12. D

Thanks guys. I'm going to keep looking into all suggestions on this thread.
  13. D

I am unable to open your link I think I'm going to keep it as is until I get clarification but hoping I'll find something else soon.
  14. D

how do i plug the preamp into the the amp directly? take the jumpers out and plug into pre in?
  15. D

i have a pioneer sx-1050, rotel rc 1090. currently i have my cd player plugged into the pre amp and my turntable.
  16. D

I connect my CD player and turntable to my preamp and I then plug the preamp into the aux of my pioneer receiver. Not sure if that's the best way to do it but it works and mentally I think the music is better.
  17. D

looks good. you are brave to tamper with these electronic items. i get nervous unscrewing the cover of one of those things. if you ever want to sell it, please let me know...
  18. D

i wish i knew what that was a few months ago when it was offered to me. still remember the seller telling me it was a great piece, 4004 mk ii asking price was $350 usd. still kicking myself in the rear end...
  19. D

i had a sx-3700, i gave it away to a friend...
  20. D

im not able to see that ad.
  21. D

i am trying to wrap my head around this. thank you for the reply. maybe i dont need 200wpc. maybe 100 would do but i am currently using a Pioneer SX-1050 which is rated at 120 wpc and it sounds very decent. i jut feel my speakers can sound better with an amp vs a receiver. i may just get a rotel...
  22. D

Everyone on the forum says the speakers works better with 200wpc I tried the 150 watt acurus on one channel and it was OK.
  23. D

Requirements are 150+ watts and under 500$ used. XLR output/input preferred Thanks, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll have to keep searching.
  24. D

Acurus A150

Defective unit returned to seller. I did not want to deal with it.
  25. D

Please keep the suggestions coming. Defective unit was returned to seller.
Back
Top Bottom