Search results

1. hawkand3

Pics of your listening space

That was the one element I wouldn't compromise on when I designed the room initially. You'll love the fact you made the concerted effort to do so IMO. I sure haven't regretted the extra planning/work to make it this way. I had Klipsch KG4's in the system for the first year. I loved them...
  2. hawkand3

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Thank you both! I obsessed over the wall color forever before deciding. I am trying to build an homage to what I envision my late 70's bachelor pad might have been like had I not been only 13 years old at the time :music:
  3. hawkand3

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

I posted in another forum, but have told myself since I joined here, that once my space was decently close, I'd post in this particular "small space" thread, soooo here you go. Room is about 12x14. Gear is in my signature.
  4. hawkand3

Pics of your listening space

Two years in the making. I'm about 85% done. Small tweaks still needed with decor, but content with all my gear until I can find the right big vu meter Technics amp. That's the final piece I'm looking for as far as equipment goes . I designed the room to take me back to the late 70's, in...
  5. hawkand3

Gear rack/stands

I can't believe I'm typing this, but this past weekend, I finally pulled the trigger and began the final stage of this make over. I unplugged everything, took everything off the walls, moved everything to the center of the room, taped everything off, and am going to start painting the walls...
  6. hawkand3

Gear rack/stands

Thanks Bob.
  7. hawkand3

Listening Spaces of the Stars in 1975

I would love to see more. Great time capsule stuff...
  8. hawkand3

Gear rack/stands

My whole listening room is 70's-themed. Here's my rack stand
  9. hawkand3

Need some outside the box thinking...

That's a good idea whoareu. I wonder how the "box" would affect the signal going to the two amps? signal to noise, interference, etc. Hmmm, I might give that a shot just to see if my ears could hear a difference in the signal.
  10. hawkand3

Good Saturday morning avionic, and thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I've tried that. Yes I can hear the music through my headphones, but I also continue to hear music from my speakers/sub as well. Kind of defeats the purpose of headphones for me :( Thanks again for the reply though...
  11. hawkand3

I've wracked my brain and cannot, for the life of me, come up with a solution to the following problem: I've got a CR-2020 that I'm basically using as a pre-amp. In my current setup, I can't find a way to utilize my headphones because no matter what I do, I always end up with "sound" that's...
  12. hawkand3

CR-2020 tragedy

Thank you so much for the offer. I found someone here in Dallas and he fixed it for me. It's happily playing back on my shelf again :music:
  13. hawkand3

CR-2020 tragedy

Advice duly noted
  14. hawkand3

Better Homes & Garden vinyl storage

I actually have the 8-cube (in espresso), and had it delivered to my doorstep for like 68 bucks. I think the build quality is excellent. Instructions were super simple and it is very sturdy.
  15. hawkand3

CR-2020 tragedy

Yessir, I sure did. I checked everything I could think of. Ultimately I found a guy here in the Dallas area who still loves to work on the older stuff. He's got some great stories and has some water under the bridge with respect to working on electronics of this era. He found it was a bad...
  16. hawkand3

Almost afraid to ask for opinions...

Booted, Great avatar! It's my first R2R and I'm thrilled with it so far.
  17. hawkand3

CR-2020 not enough inputs - need guidance

All, I need some advice on how to hook up my specific gear with my CR-2020. My question is this: I read where it's always best to put the EQ through one of the tape loops. Mine currently is NOT - it's connected to the pre-out. I want to try and run best practice, so I want to adjust how I've...
  18. hawkand3

Here's another question for everyone (please let me know if I should post this in another place in the forum for better exposure, but it seems related to this thread to me). I really do love the improvements to the sound in the room simply by adding the power amp and using the receiver as a...
  19. hawkand3

sKiZo, being an IT guy, I'd love to learn how to do exactly what you're referring to here, but am seriously lacking the knowledge and gear (other than a laptop of course). Would you be willing to answer questions and basically guide me through step by step how to accomplish this? I can PM you...
  20. hawkand3

N8, like you I have mine in the mix because of looks (eye candy if you will) - it's my least used input souce; however, I do still own some cassettes from back in the day (especially some "mix" tapes I made in HS and college) that, to me, have tremendous sentimental value; so I hold onto a...
  21. hawkand3

Yep, that's quite a coincidence. Nice cassette deck to be giving away. Kudos to you for being so generous...
  22. hawkand3

Here's the R2R, cassette deck, and EQ Here's the turntable Here's the amplifier, computer and DAC
  23. hawkand3

I know, I know. I really want to but the system and/or room aesthetics aren't even close to the way I want it. Some romantic and warped part of me wanted to make a grand statement here with a place for everything and everything in its place. LOL! Let me go take a few photos of just the gear...
  24. hawkand3

2 part update: My Yamaha took a dive a week ago. It's totally unrelated (as far as I know) to the content of this thread. It just quit powering on. I took it to a local tech. Turned out to be the power switch. Got that replaced and have it back in my possession. Works like a champ. While...
  25. hawkand3

CR-2020 tragedy

I appreciate the thought, and I understand making the most out of a bad situation, but that will be four two hour trips - one there to drop it off, one back home from dropping it off, one there to pick it up, and then back home again. Has to be a better way than 8 hours in the car. Lord, I'm...
Back
Top Bottom