Search results

1. onehifiguy

A new Phono Stage discussion - and more!

The following quote from krichard2496 "In our professional audio experience, muting relays are among the least reliable components commonly encountered. While they can be configured to fail "open", it still would represent a change to the design intent. We attempt to design for a trouble-free...
  2. onehifiguy

A new Phono Stage discussion - and more!

Just use the decades long standard practice of following the proper turn on, turn off sequence when using a multi component system. you will never have a problem. Those in the know will know exactly what I mean. Muting relays in anything muck up the sound are problematic devices. If your too...
  3. onehifiguy

Anyone tried Darlington Labs preamp ?

Enjoy the wonderful fullness of the Grado through the MM-6
  4. onehifiguy

speakers

My bad. I meant to say "does anyone own or heard" of the LONPOO LP-42 speakers. I picked up a pair on Amazon a few months ago and they don't suck. I'm going to replace the cheap crummy cap, stuff the rear port and re-line the inside with polyfil. I think they are gone from Amazon now. LONPOO...
  5. onehifiguy

Anyone tried Darlington Labs preamp ?

Prior to a 2 week burn in, I've been enjoying my MM-6 for a few weeks. Here is my system: Bryston B-60R amp, Rebuilt Technics SD-Q2 table, Audio Technica ATM95SH and ML carts. Beyerdynamic DT-880 (250Ohm) headphones. Here are my observations. Excellent CLARITY and DETAIL, top to bottom, but not...
  6. onehifiguy

Technics SL-Q2 vs. SL-Q3

That is an old Shure logo on an M75 series cartridge. The yellow styli is an N Yup! looks like an old M75 series with a yellow stylus, the VERY scarce N75ED 0.2 X 0.7 Shure nude elliptical tip. This was not "factory installed". You are correct. I think mine actually cam with a Technics...
  7. onehifiguy

New Elac 4" Book shelf speaker Model BS41-BK

Yea . Used my Loki+ EQ. I only got a more boomy sound. With the sub and EQ, they sounded ok. This is not the speaker with killer base. It's is , after all a 4" woofer. I'm running the Minimus 7's now and the sub. Just playing around with Lonpoo LP-42's now. Not bad. I'll keep them and...
  8. onehifiguy

Bryston B-60R amp, Darlington Labs MM-6 phono stage, Schiit Bifrost 2-24 DAC,Beyerdynamic HD-880...

Bryston B-60R amp, Darlington Labs MM-6 phono stage, Schiit Bifrost 2-24 DAC,Beyerdynamic HD-880 headphones, Technics SL-Q2 table. AT carts.
  9. onehifiguy

I agree. I Sent them back. I Could get the treble to open up. I tried my an Adcom GFA535II and Audiosource AMP ONE/ A. No dice. If you have a bright sounding DAC in a desktop system, these may be for you. I would wait until they are $99.00. They would be a better buy IMHO. I'm still using...
  10. onehifiguy

speakers

Anyone heard of or own LANPOO LP-42 bookshelf speakers
  11. onehifiguy

Nice pic's. The guts look exactly like the (Don't laugh!) Lonpoo LP-42's that I'm listening to now ($49. Amazon). As long as you don't play these too loud, they sound pretty good. Clear treble and a very solidly built MDF cabinet too. rg They work well on my desktop/PC system. I'm using an...
  12. onehifiguy

If you like em why not. The only rules are that a speaker sounds good to you. Brand names mean nothing anymore. The Chinese build stuff for almost all the "brands" these days. They just mark the "names" at a higher price. The curtain has been lifted, mostly by Amazon. Start at as cheap...
  13. onehifiguy

Just for laughs....Anyone heard of the really inexpensive Lonpoo (I know!) LP-42 book shelf speaker? Their newest model, LP-42X is powered. Review found on TNTAudio.com Your thoughts????
  14. onehifiguy

Yup. They can. These do. I mostly listen to podcasts and web radio stations with these anyway. I just though that throwing more money at a speaker would buy really improved sound. I should have known better after 50+ years as a HiFi nut. Too much Kool-Aid. LOL. For serious listening, I use...
  15. onehifiguy

Well, they have been running loud for almost 3 days non-stop. They still sound the same in the highs though, still kinda dull on top. zieglj01, you may be correct about these Elac's sounding like the old Pioneer BS22 LR. I've owned those and I agree with you. The Elac have a similar top end...
  16. onehifiguy

They sound dull in the treble. They may open up as they break in. Keep you posted. BTW I'm using an Adcom GFA 535 II amp, so there is lots of juice for power.
  17. onehifiguy

Anybody heard this "new" Elac BS41-BK Speaker?? The label states "Designed by ELAC" No mention of Andrew Jones in the manual or on the box. I just got them today from Amazon. There is little to no information to be found around the web or on Amazon. Saw them for $ 125.00. Out of curiosity, I...
  18. onehifiguy

Shure Premier Cartridge...how Good???

I have the Jico N75ed direct from the Jico website in Japan. I'm using as a backup to my Shure M75ED, which sounds a bit better to me. The jico will run you $55.00 with shipping from Japan. The Shure made M75ED( labeled RST8) were made for Radio shack by SHURE are EXACTLY THE SAME STYLUS...
  19. onehifiguy

Shure Premier

Buy the genuine Shure N75ED stylus available now on EBAY fro $60.00 and get it over with!!!!! Generics are poor quality!!!! Your expensive record collection will thank you and so will your ears!!!! Again, just IMO!!!!
  20. onehifiguy

Shure Premier Cartridge...how Good???

The Premier Black is in fact an actual Shure M75ED. The marketing department at Shure loved to play games by re-naming some of their product numbers. They would recycle the "guts" to keep rolling out "NEW" products. They basically do what car makers have been doing for years. Adding bits of...
  21. onehifiguy

Denon PRA-1000 Repair

I had a pair of these same Denon units in black. I Bought then new in 1983, replacing my Marantz 1060 amp and 110 tuner that I had purchased in 1973 for $380.00, the pair. The list price on the Donon preamp was $495.00 and the amp $695.00. The amp was actually the MKII version with a...
  22. onehifiguy

Best Ad for a Denon PRA 1500 Ever?

This person is clearly not playing with a full deck!!! I could not help laughing out loud as I read this. Funny thing. I just began the process of composing the listing to sell my own Denon PRA-1500 on EB. It is in mint condition and perfectly operational. Plus, I found a brand new...
Back
Top Bottom