Search results

1. Vinyl Rules!

MQA Declares Bankruptcy

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/high-res-music-tech-company-mqa-enters-administration-in-the-uk/#:~:text=High%2Dresolution%20music%20technology%20company,the%20US%20and%20other%20countries. The financials are eye-opening. Annual revenue never exceeded £700,000 while administrative...
  2. Vinyl Rules!

Anyone Bi-Amping Tannoy Westminster GR’s?

I’m curious as to what improvements one gets if they bi-amp Westminster GR’s. Any comments from those with actual experience appreciated.
  3. Vinyl Rules!

New Linn Organik DAC

Has anyone tried on of these? Thoughts/Opinions? :beatnik:
  4. Vinyl Rules!

Your Thoughts on Pass Amps With Heritage Speakers?

Am interested in hearing from people who have used Pass Labs Class A and/or Class AB amps to drive their Heritage speakers. I recognize that many of you will suggest a good tube amp, but I’m really a solid state user. I’ve read reviews of Pass amps that say they sound like tube amps...
  5. Vinyl Rules!

Can AVR DC Output at Preamp Outs be Increased?

Can the DC voltage output at a typical Yamaha Aventage AVR be increased from its nominal 1.0V output to 10V or more output Volts? If so, would this be done by upgrading the DC voltage opamps in the preamp out section of opamps in the DC voltage section of the receiver. Or is there another way...
  6. Vinyl Rules!

Minimum Broadband Speed Necessary For Uninterrupted Qobuz and/or Tidal Listening?

I live in a sparsely populated rural area with only a few Internet providers. I currently have 25Mb DSL from CenturyLink (previously Sprint landline) and I subscribe to both Qobuz and Tidal. My actual DSL speed varies from about 18Mb up to 25Mb and this can vary during the day. My hardware...
  7. Vinyl Rules!

I’m Feeling a Little Out-of-Phase Today ;-)

Deleted
  8. Vinyl Rules!

Current Output of MC2205 and MC2125?

I’m looking to add new speakers to my system in about six months and I’m considering either the Revel Performa F328Be speakers or pair of Tannoy Kensington’s. I’ve been told the Performa F328Be’s are current hungry and would sound better with more amps pushing the speakers. My question is what...
  9. Vinyl Rules!

A Useful App For Mac & Other Turntables

Mobile phone apps have come a long way and now there’s one for audiophiles who still spin vinyl. With the app “RPM Pro” (Android/IOS 11.1 or higher) you can now measure the speed accuracy and stability of your turntable. It’s available for $15 and there’s a free version you can try a few times...
  10. Vinyl Rules!

A Useful Smartphone App For Turntables

Mobile phone apps have come a long way and now there’s one for audiophiles who still spin vinyl. With the app “RPM Pro” (Android/IOS 11.1 or higher) you can now measure the speed accuracy and stability of your turntable. It’s available for $15 and there’s a free version you can try a few times...
  11. Vinyl Rules!

McIntosh C28 Phono Capacitance Question

Anyone know the capacitance of the phono input on the C28? TIA
  12. Vinyl Rules!

What is the one thing you like best about McIntosh?

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but my answer is their support for most of their vintage products. :music:
  13. Vinyl Rules!

New Accuphase T-1200 Tuner Now Shipping

http://www.accuphase.com/cat/t-1200_e.pdf It sure looks good, but it should for $9,500 MSRP. Like all really good tuners, one can adjust the IF bandwidth. From their brochure: “The IF BANDWIDTH selector of the T-1200 provides a choice of six settings (50, 75, 100, 150, 250, 500 kHz)...
  14. Vinyl Rules!

Tidal/MQA Streaming Question

I’m interested in adding Tidal MQA streaming to my system without using a computer. I’ve never streamed before so my knowledge of streaming is nil. I’ve learned Pro-Ject has released a $400 Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital box that decodes and unfolds MQA files, but only through it’s USB input on...
  15. Vinyl Rules!

Why Do Media Streamers Range in Price from <$0 to well over $20,000?

[Mr. Gibson I would prefer to post this question here (with your permission) because Mac users have forgotten,more about audio than most others have ever learned]. And I believe Mac enthusiasts are more knowledgeable than the enthuusiasts in the other AudioKarma groups. As for my questions for...
  16. Vinyl Rules!

Betty Cantor-Jackson and the Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound"

I was doing some research on Betty Cantor-Jackson and came across the following I'm sharing below. Betty Cantor-Jackson recorded many Grateful Dead concerts from the concert venue's soundboard, using her own Nagra. She recorded hundreds of tapes, and many of the concerts she recorded are just...
  17. Vinyl Rules!

My Thoughts on the Cambridge Audio CXU

Forget the Oppo's, this is the one to own if you want a player that is extraordinarily good sounding on audio discs AND is amazingly good with both DVD and BluRay video discs. I have an Oppo BDP-95D and the CXU is significantly better with audio and slightly better with video than my Oppo...
  18. Vinyl Rules!

Onkyo DX-C390 6 Disc Changer Any Good?

I want to get a CD changer to load up with holiday music so I can start it and let it run for 5 or 6 hours. :beerchug: The Technics changers are well thought of in this group, but they are no longer made. I can get a NIB Onkyo DX-C390 6 disc changer from Amazon for $150 delivered. :music...
  19. Vinyl Rules!

Cambridge Audio CXU vs. Oppo BDP-105 CD Sound Quality?

A recent edition of What Hi-Fi? reviewed the Cambridge Audio CXU universal disc player and gave it high praise. I had planned to upgrade to an Oppo BDP-105, but the magazine's review noted CD's played through the CXU sounded significantly better than CD's played through the 105.:whip: About...
  20. Vinyl Rules!

Authorized Mac Repair Tech Near Raleigh, NC?

http://www.theanalogstore.com/mcintosh/ Came across this URL in another post in this forum. His web page seems impressive & the dealer he says he used to be the service manager for has been in business for 30+ years even though this store has never sold McIntosh :( My question: Has anyone had...
  21. Vinyl Rules!

Linn Jazz Channel Just Played "Dixie"

Was working late and had the Linn streaming jazz channel on for pleasant tunes. And I was stunned when they just played an instrumental jazz rendition of Dixie: You, know, way down south in the land of cotton, etc. Didn't know the Brit's appreciated classic Southern music...
  22. Vinyl Rules!

Are McIntosh Tube Tuners a Potential Cause of Spontaneous Human Combustion?

Why Do FM Antennas for Analog McIntosh tuners Break and Fall Down? [And are McIntosh Tube Tuners a Potential Cause of Spontaneous Human Conbustion?] :jawdrop: Well, the answer generally depends on the number of hours you spend listening to analog FM broadcasts. It is a scientifically...
  23. Vinyl Rules!

McIntosh to Begin Opening Retail Stores

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Brand/Pages/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=125&Block=1 To paraphrase the opening statement, McIntosh is joining Fine Sounds Group companies to open the world's first Fine Sounds Group Experience Center at HiFi Hawaii in Honolulu, HI. The grand opening was last month...
  24. Vinyl Rules!

LED Replacements for McIntosh Bulbs Question

Mr. DeWick has my beloved MR74, MC2125 and MC2205 in for a tuneup and some burned-out bulb replacements. I was wondering if anyone made replacement LED's for vintage McIntosh lamps and I discovered they were available from someone named Don Haywood. Samples of his LED's can be viewed at...
  25. Vinyl Rules!

Best Vintage SS Phono Stage: C30/C33/C34/C504

I am not a tube person, so, which of these fine preamps with multiple tone controls & the great variable loudness control have the best sounding phono stage? The C30 looks great on paper but they don't turn up often. And what about the phono stage of the C504? And have I overlooked a...
Back
Top Bottom